• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Top speed so far

Hello everyone,

Might as well add my top speed, it was peaked at 172, but on that same trip over all for 4 miles at least going over 160. However the fastest I've been was in a Supra TT 205 making 900 Hp. =) A rush and a half with 28 pounds of boost!!

Mark B. I need boost !!!

I try to spend most of my time going 125 km/h =0P...

------------------
1992 NSX #00015 w/Mod's
1993 Integra Turbo/DFI 550 hp (just sold)
1992 Civic 4 dr 300 hp NOS 97'98' Fastest East Coast G.G.(just sold)
1994 Delsol 350hp NOS
2000 TL w/Mod's new addition =)

"Just can't leave anything STOCK =)"

Ken Ichikawa
Newtyp Tuning

I purchased my NSX in July '97 from Fargo, ND, and on the way back home to California, I had managed to keep a sustained 135mph for about a solid hour on the Montanabahn before encountering inclement weather that slowed me down.

Vytas

------------------
"The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." - Soichiro Honda

130+ to pass up several slow vehicles in a 2lane hi way.

Yup I have flown single and multi engines with instrument ratings,log several hours in a "Super Decathalon"and the "Pitts" fully aerobat.

Poloman what mods do you have in your NSX? Very impressive at those speeds =), that is a great place to test out for top speed, looong/ flaaat and straight.... =)

my other car is a 767... other cars have been the 727, 737, 757, DC-10, P-51, P-47, C-46, Glasair III and other misc and sundry aircraft... i mean cars...

------------------
Kaye & Trish
1998 NSX-T #176
Red/Tan
No mods...

i remember reading that the P-47 'bolt was the pioneer of solving the high speed sonic dive problem. because of its weight one of the first planes to break the sound barrier in dives and as a result tested the wing brakes concept. also one of the first models to test the 4 blade props...

Max speed(155MPH) on a 92 3000GT VR-4 .

140 plus in a 96 NSX-T.

The experience of both cars are totally different. The 3000GT felt rock solid and totally cool. Too easy to drive. I suspect the 4WD and the 3.8K pounds did help make it "too" stable.

I could have gone faster than 140 in the NSX-T, but I can hear the air leaking through the targa top that I decided to lift off from the gas pedal. The NSX felt more thrilling as it's more involving(scarier as well). The GT is boring, but yet so safe.

Both cars are stock except for air filters.

Originally posted by huckster:
i remember reading that the P-47 'bolt was the pioneer of solving the high speed sonic dive problem. because of its weight one of the first planes to break the sound barrier in dives and as a result tested the wing brakes concept. also one of the first models to test the 4 blade props...

The p51 had a serious problem with the elevator becoming ineffective in a grave yard dive.

I've been faster in my NSX than any plane I've flown, which included 140mph loops in a decathlon. Pulled more 's in the plane though, hehe. Its funny to think that Vne=140kts=161mph on a c182!

Well, I got to 120-something in my '88 rx7 convertible(intake only). See, there are some roads on this tiny island that are long enough to open a car up. However, they're not straight and it's scary as hell!!
biggrin.gif

Drive Fast, Drive Safe

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

Originally posted by gheba_nsx:
270 kmh or 169 mph... my Euro NSX is not as fast as David's or Dutch's ones...
wink.gif

Hey Gheba,

It's because our NSX are Black ! Everybody know that the black NSX are the fastest !
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I think that the +40 coats of Zaino on mine help to enhance the coefficient of drag too !
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

David

...yes, but what about the weight?
40 coat of zaino, headlight washer
biggrin.gif
, tons of cleaning products in the trunk, ... ok ok you also have the mesh engine cover in order to take away some additional additional weight!
wink.gif

Hey David, the formula red is the lightest weight paint, so the reds are the fastest
smile.gif

141mph at the end of the long straight at VIR, only 110 on public roads, and that was too fast to be safe.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

I found that there are days i can't get any higher then 260kph, and there are days you easely go over the 280.
I think it depends on a lot of factors.

Dutchy

Top speed in the NSX for me was about 130mph at which point I said "now *that's* a lot of wind noise!" and made a note to check the window alignment
wink.gif

I was mainly trying to run the car through it's paces right after I bought it to make sure everything still felt stable at high speed.

The farthest I ever pushed the Vette was 160mph on a loooooooong stretch of straight, empty highway that I know well *very* late at night...

Originally posted by spookyp:
Top speed in the NSX for me was about 130mph at which point I said "now *that's* a lot of wind noise!" and made a note to check the window alignment
wink.gif

Common problem. It just needs adjustment.

Originally posted by steveny:
In the NSX 158MPH. The fastest I have ever gone on the ground 171MPH on a ZX-11. I felt like I was going to be blown off the bike. In the air over 400MPH.
smile.gif

155 MPH indicated in the NSX and 165 MPH indicated on ZX-12R. I ran over a road bump on the 12R and my azz went airborne off the seat about 4 inches and my feet off the pegs about 2 inches; after that I gave up trying for a couple of bucks!

I still felt safer on the Ninja than in the NSX. I guess I still haven't gotten use to the mid engine feel. The NSX felt like the front end was floating and it is completely stock. Was this my imagination ... or was I close to losing the front end traction at 155?

Originally posted by Slingshot:
The NSX felt like the front end was floating and it is completely stock. Was this my imagination ... or was I close to losing the front end traction at 155?

It should feel solid as a rock, even at that speed.

Top Speed 168 mph.

I have driven in the Silver State Classic open road rally in Nevada four times now. With the stock suspension,the front end of my car felt light above 140 mph. The car did not feel planted to the road like it did at lower speeds. I installed the TEIN suspension (Thanks, Chris at Science of Speed), and lowered the car and the lift I felt at higher speeds seemed to be gone. Feeling more secure, I drove the car at 165 plus for about 5 - 10 miles on the open road. The car felt much more stable than it did with the stock suspension. My eyes were glued to the road and not the speedometer at those speeds, so I am not sure exactly how fast I was going, but it was something between 165 -170 mph. Interestingly, when I finished the run, the tech inspection people looked under my car and said that I had an "oil leak". The "oil" was apparently coming from a vent hose in the transmission. Mark Basch knows more about this than I do. According to the mustang and corvette guys at the rally, this is common in their cars. They use tin cans to collect the overflow during the high speed runs.

My car is a a 91 with six speed transmission, CT 4.55 R&P, CT SC with 9lb boost kit. This set up is not ideal for sustained high speed driving on the open road. I think the stock R&P would be better suited for this purpose.

The Silver State Classic is lots of fun. You should give it a try.

Originally posted by Paul Dalton:
With the stock suspension,the front end of my car felt light above 140 mph. The car did not feel planted to the road like it did at lower speeds.

Thanks Paul ... that is the same lightness at around the same speed I experienced; the car handles like a dream around 130 MPH. My '93 has stock suspension and wheels.

the p-51 belongs to a friend of mine and former co-worker who inherited a large pile of money. for my money it's the most beautifully restored p-51 i've ever seen...

the p-47 belonged to my old wing of the CAF and has since been destroyed in, i believe, a hangar fire.

my most recent wing of the CAF has the c-46 and an F-8F Bearcat... i haven't ponied up the (i think) 15 g's they want to check out in it... but i might...
wink.gif

------------------
Kaye & Trish
1998 NSX-T #176
Red/Tan
No mods...

Back