• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

top speed

yep gps are pretty accurate

my truck is about 5mph slower than that the odo reads.

i do not doubt your 186... man thats crazy.
:tongue:

wish we had autobahn here.

or they should make a 5 mile long drag strip. :smile:

Yeah, the lack of a general speed limit on the Autobahn is a very good thing. Politicians keep talking about imposing a general limit and it would really suck if that were actually implemented!

I was wondering, what is your tacho displaying when you reach that speed?
Also, what are your tire & wheel sizes and how many rpm's is your engine running at your top speed??

I've had my car at slightly over 285 km/h on the tach (I have a 320 km/h tacho) but have added some mods since then. However, this time of year is not the right time for me to try such a run again :)

I was wondering, what is your tacho displaying when you reach that speed?
Also, what are your tire & wheel sizes and how many rpm's is your engine running at your top speed??

I've had my car at slightly over 285 km/h on the tach (I have a 320 km/h tacho) but have added some mods since then. However, this time of year is not the right time for me to try such a run again :)

This is what I get with 285x35x18 for the rear. As you can see the tacho will be very accurate with this tire setup. The tacho shows a little less than the actual speed.

4741SpeedometerNSX.jpg

At top speed, my tachometer and speedometer look pretty much like the picture in my avatar. Attached is a bigger picture. Since the big markings on the speedometer end at 180 mph, it's hard to see exactly where the needle is pointing, especially when I'm concentrating really hard on the road. But the needles seem to be pointing to about 8000 rpm (maybe a touch higher) and about 186 mph at top speed.

I have 2002+ OEM rims and tires, therefore 215/40 R 17 in the front and 255/40 R 17 in the rear.

Attachments

• Top speed.jpg
    Top speed.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 700
Ok, so you are running OEM tires. I would expect you tacho to be pretty accurate in that case.

As far as the tacho is concerning, that's why my NSX has a 320 km/hour tacho.
EVERYONE knows that every boy or guy FIRST looks at the maximum rating on your tacho if he wants to check out how fast your car really is :biggrin: :biggrin:

at a straight, my car pulls well to 290km/h... and it takes some time to hit 300km/h ... in this photo it even pass the little 300 marks ... this on a straight road... and it's not my car...it is a friends 94 one

here it is a video of the same NSX in the same place doing the same thing on the same night :tongue: :tongue:

QUOTE]

Both the picture and video were removed from host site, I presume. I wish I had saved them to show a few of my friends to prove.

yeah, you got balls man.... one of the craziest people i know (including on a bike -guy is nuts) was scared at 155 on his 1000RR.

you definitely win. your busa stock? i've seen some vids of the turbo ones doin like 240 - somehow i can't imagine you stopping if yours would go faster :wink:

155 is not "that" fast on a liter bike given it's properties. It only takes maybe 8-10 seconds from 60mph to reach it. It's 175+ where things really start to blur.

At top speed, my tachometer and speedometer look pretty much like the picture in my avatar. Attached is a bigger picture. Since the big markings on the speedometer end at 180 mph, it's hard to see exactly where the needle is pointing, especially when I'm concentrating really hard on the road. But the needles seem to be pointing to about 8000 rpm (maybe a touch higher) and about 186 mph at top speed.

I have 2002+ OEM rims and tires, therefore 215/40 R 17 in the front and 255/40 R 17 in the rear.

That is cool to know!

Last edited:
165mph and still going but I ran out of straight road. That was back in 2001 when I newly bought the NSX. Mine is a 91 auto with HKS intake and exhaust.

Does anyone know what the top speed is for an automatic NSX 91-94 and 95-2005? My owner's manual says that the car shifts from 3rd to 4th gear at 117 mph, but does not list a top speed.

How fast have you driven your auto? Fastest for me in my 95 auto is 120 mph, before I ran out of straight road.

I just had to post. Above 150 the car sounds like a jet fighter with the air blowing passed the window seals. My 97 stock I drove as fast as it would go. I was over 150 100 times with only one ticket. My second 97 BBSC 392HP. I now have 140 more HP then it had NA. I have wanted to take it for a high speed pass but the last 90+ ticked has cured me. I am healed for now. They say speed kills. My pro street 68 Mustang runs 140 MPH in the ¼ mile now that is an unstable ride. I would drive the NSX at any speed given the chance. Very stable.

I just had to post. Above 150 the car sounds like a jet fighter with the air blowing passed the window seals. My 97 stock I drove as fast as it would go. I was over 150 100 times with only one ticket. My second 97 BBSC 392HP. I now have 140 more HP then it had NA. I have wanted to take it for a high speed pass but the last 90+ ticked has cured me. I am healed for now. They say speed kills. My pro street 68 Mustang runs 140 MPH in the ¼ mile now that is an unstable ride. I would drive the NSX at any speed given the chance. Very stable.

Speed does kill eventually. Over 100 times at 150+? In VA?

That's just plain insane and stupid.

Back