Trouble taking out Dali Box ( that replaces spare tire)

Need to get to my battery, and this Dali box thingy is a major headache. I have to jack the car up sometime to get to the other bolt, have to reach under the car hold a wrench on a nut, and ratchet the top bolt with the help of a friend.

Anyone else have this problem? I've got one of the bolts out, but the box still seems sturdy AND stuck in place, what a nightmare just trying to change my battery...

5inchfatlip said:
Need to get to my battery, and this Dali box thingy is a major headache. I have to jack the car up sometime to get to the other bolt, have to reach under the car hold a wrench on a nut, and ratchet the top bolt with the help of a friend.

Anyone else have this problem? I've got one of the bolts out, but the box still seems sturdy AND stuck in place, what a nightmare just trying to change my battery...

taking one hold down bolt out of 4 off when they are held in place with nylock nuts is not going to do much for you :biggrin: the batteries slide in and out from the top - or at least they do in my car.

Well- there are two bolts holding the box in I'm pretty sure. 14mm right in the right and left center at the bottom of the box. I've got one out and maybe the other today.

I'm not sure what youre talking about four? The battery cant slide out I can barely even touch the battery with my hand going over the box...?

Are you sure you are not referring to the RM storage box that fits in the spare tire space? Check www.NSXBuilder.com Maybe he has some better pictures on his site

5inchfatlip said:

Now that I've thought it over - it appears you are confused :biggrin: I think you have this: (RM Racing Lunch Box)

of which I disavow any participation in the design of.

The method that I have installed my RM Racing Storage Box is as follows. I used the two long bolts and ran them up from under the tray through the two holes and secured them with washers and nuts. I then set the box with the long bolts running up into the box and installed flat washers and wing nuts to tighten the box down. It makes for a very simple removal of the box by taking the wing nuts and washers off from inside the box and lift the box straight up and out.

Sorry Mark- looks like I do have that one. Looks like I will have to jack the car to take off the other nut. Good news is that hopefully box will come straight out once the other bolt is out..thanks

Back