• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Troy Acura would not touch my car!

Went to the dealer in Troy Mi today to get my air looked at . The (so called) service manager said do to the fact my car was moded out they would not touch it!
Of course my reply was MODED OUT what the heck are you talking about? Iam sorry but its our policy not to work on that kind of car! What do you mean That kind of car? You sell the darn things it does say Acura on the front door whats the problem?
Our pollicy is if your car has been altered in any we can not work on it.
The guy sees my car from 75 feet away and comes up with that statement ! My cars only mod that you can see from that far is the rims what gives with this dealer?

I'll trade you my stock '91 rims for yours so you can have your car fixed.

Oh well, worth a try!

I don't have any profound advice, it seems that you have a couple of options...

1) Try another dealer.

2) Call their service department and civilly explain what transpired, ask if this is their policy, and stress that you wanted your A/C inspected (which is not affected by your aftermarket wheels)

I could possibly be convinced that it would make sense for a dealer to refuse a car under certain circumstances (this is not one).

I once took an aftermarket spoiler to a body shop and they refused to paint it. They did, however, explain that due to the quality (or lack thereof) of the spoiler, they were concerned with the result of the paint job. They didn't want an unsatisfied customer. I can respect that since it was explained to me and was logical.

An absolute policy to refuse work on a car that has any modifications seems extreme - especially from a manufacturer that has such a large tuner crowd.

If I were in your situation, and wasn't too fed up by the encounter, I'd ask for clarification.

Good Luck,
Matt

P.S. What other mods do you have other than the wheels?

Plain and simple, I don't want anyone snippy like that touching my car, I don't care who they are. I would have walked faster than they could have asked me to leave once they started up. I would write a letter to Acura and explain what happened though, they need to know so they can fix the situation. That is the reason that they do CSI's to make sure everything is ok.
Aaron

Oooo yeah I for got to tell you I have a Tubi on my car that did get a little notice when I pulled into the parking lot.
Specs
91 red/black
45,000 klms
Tubi
HID lights
Euro horn
Tinted windows
Prodrive 17s/18s
Bridgestone so3s
Tein coil overs (next week)

I have had Acura of Troy work on my '91 NSX in the past (actually had the AC checked when not working - $1150 in repairs - ouch).

My car is lowered, with tinted windows, and TSW Revo 17"/18" wheels. At no time was I treated with anything less than respect and the topic of "modifications" never came up! Everyone seemed to really like the car. Did you get a name?

------------------
'91 Black/Black

Mich nsx
Your car is sweet I hope to see it in person one day . Those rims realy look good!
The first person that I talked to was a service writer hes was the one who made the moded out statement . The service manager was the one who came over and said if it was altered in any way we cant work on it .I didnt get his name . So I called back today to see why they would not look at it the writer tells me. The service manager ment We wont do an alignment on your car because you have after market rims that are not the correct size and your ac has a tag on it not to add any freon by the dealer in London.
Did you get an alignment there?
What was wrong with your ac?

prov4re,

I did not have an alignment done there. I had them install the Dali window fixit-thingies, install a new engine hatch release, and change some burned out bulbs for the side markers.

I was told the long AC pipes under the car were "worn out" and that the freon was leaking out. I have not repaired the system yet - maybe in a couple of weeks.

Thanks, for the compliments on my car!!

Back