• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Try this and verify

I've done this since 1996 but didn't know for sure why it worked. I always held it up to my teeth if I forgot and needed to extend the range (forgetting to lock). Gonna have to experiment with the water jug now.

Hmmmm, blast your head with electromagnetic radiation to unlock your car. I like it! :smile:

I stick it to my temple. Yes it's always worked for me. I always figured it was using my whole body as a antenna.

Similar had been reported by NPR's Click and Clack the Tappet Brothers on their radio show Car Talk, although they proposed it as the "chin" or "teeth" method, but I don't think they offered an explanation.

It would have been interesting to try approximating 1/2 wavelength (out of phase) in the experiment to see if it shortened the range compared to no jug at all. I'll have to try this at home, too.

Now, if, per the YouTube heading, I could unlock the car "with my brain", WITHOUT, the key fob, well, THAT would be impressive.

Back