• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Type-S Announced

For the 10th time... Many of us received that call on behalf of ACURA. Anyone that expressed interest (via filling out a request online or when submitting their request to a dealer), should recieve that call.
The intent of the call was to confirm if the a dealer had reached out to them regarding their inquiry. Order confirmation calls don't start until next week...

Ok dad, none of us will mention it again.

between us girls......gotham hides the lines and reduces the carbon contrast...imho the matte paint thing is a fad....time will tell...

This is very true I like a lot of the bright lighter colors honestly… of course when I ordered it was so rushed that I picked Gotham grey as first choice … wonder if they will allow a change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Type S shake brings all the boys to the yard..and their life is better than yours....damn right ...

Next time you do, you'll get a nice butt whooping :tongue:

From the video it makes it sound like Acura confirmed he has an order but you're saying it's really them reaching out to say "We have received your order. The dealer should have reached out to you but we haven't actually made up our mind whether you get one", something like that. I understand the intent, but not the greatest process. That's a bit like the wife telling me she wants something at the store, me buying it, and then her saying "Well I hadn't made up my mind whether I wanted you to actually buy it".

My opinion from going through the process ...If your dealer has sold NC1, has the tech and equipment...has the 20K display case collecting dust...ect and you are the only order you will get a car. If you are #1 and 2 at the bigger top tier NC1 dealers you will get a car...

Not the best that I arrive complaining. Ive always like these cars. Started with a Honda as my first car. Unfortunately, being new also means you don't know key people and cant get those initial allocations at dealers. The 2nd gen NSX is a car my wife and I both agree on. Was planning on waiting another 2 years to get one but then this threw is in a different direction. I was not prepared for this one. We still have to move some stuff to make garage space!

I agree about the matte paint being a fad. I don't mind it, but wouldn't rush to get a car sporting it.

For those on the fence for matte paint and how hard it is to maintain, I would have no doubts. I bought the new Z4 M40i in frozen grey and absolutely love it. super easy to maintain with the ceramic matte coating and special soap. This is my everyday driver and for everyday drivers the risk is a scratch which cant be buffed out but on an NSX that will get more love the scratch issue is less of an issue. If I didnt already have a frozen grey I would have picked this color. Hoping to get one of the new ones if my order goes through. My favorite car of all time was my 2000 Honda S2000 (vin #176 ) from Sept 1999 but I am sure this car will become my new all time favorite if I am lucky enough to get one!

Id be interested in a spot if available. I think I was told something really wrong at my dealer and Im probably hosed.

Interested in Valencia red or yellow, anything but grey, black or orange. Probably wasting my time at this point but worth a shot.

Id be interested in a spot if available. I think I was told something really wrong at my dealer and Im probably hosed.

Interested in Valencia red or yellow, anything but grey, black or orange. Probably wasting my time at this point but worth a shot.

I'm curious if you own a Viper. I have a 2001 GTS. It would be wild having this totally analog zero nanny Viper sitting next to a technological tour de force NSX. Hard to have more contrast between two cars other than getting a Tesla and that's not an option for me. Keeping the thread on track I wonder if the online option for ordering is a significantly worse option. I hadn't thought about this until I talked to a buddy of mine who sells commercial trucks. He basically said that his costs and pull with the manufacture is significantly higher than other dealers because his dealer is the largest in the nation. He pointed out the customers look at him like he's International just like other dealers but he's not, he's a dealer which is a separate company and International treats him far better than worse performing dealers. I never really paid attention to dealer awards but now they make a lot more sense. It pays to work with a dealer that does good business with the manufacture. This would explain why Acura offers one guaranteed allocation to the top 70 and 2 allocations to the top 30 dealers. So basically, if you order online the system could funnel you to a dealer Acura doesn't do a lot of business with and Acura does business with dealers, not consumers.

I'm curious if you own a Viper. I have a 2001 GTS. It would be wild having this totally analog zero nanny Viper sitting next to a technological tour de force NSX.

First car I really wanted when I was younger. I keep thinking about getting a first generation one, but I need more garage space. Just have a 458 spider and Shelby GT350. I thought the NSX would be a nice addition, it's the car my wife absolutely loves as well. I love all types of cars as long as they are fun in some way.

First car I really wanted when I was younger. I keep thinking about getting a first generation one, but I need more garage space. Just have a 458 spider and Shelby GT350. I thought the NSX would be a nice addition, it's the car my wife absolutely loves as well. I love all types of cars as long as they are fun in some way.

Those are two great cars to have. I hope you get your Type S. The Viper is such a horrible yet fun car. I'm always walking past the significantly better F-Type in the garage to drive it. People lose their freaking minds when I'm in that car. I have a feeling the rarity of the NSX might do the same.

My opinion from going through the process ...If your dealer has sold NC1, has the tech and equipment...has the 20K display case collecting dust...ect and you are the only order you will get a car. If you are [URL=http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] and 2 at the bigger top tier NC1 dealers you will get a car...

I agree with this. If you are #1 at one of the ~240 NSX dealerships you will get a car. If you are #2 at the top thirty you will get a car. The bigger question is, where do the remaining ~29 cars go and how do they get distributed?? Is it determined by who placed their order first? Historical sales volume? Lottery? I guess we will find out soon!

This is incorrect, not every dealer will qualify to order a NSX, and some of the dealers have never even ordered one. One of the requirements (per the NSX rules) is that the dealership must have a Master NSX certified tech on site + be in good standing with ACURA (which i am sure all dealerships are).

So out of the 252 that qualify to order an NSX, only 135 of them have a tech and the other 127 do not...

Do you think a possible scenario is that the top 30 dealers get 2 allocations plus 1 unallocated, the next 40 dealers get 1 allocation plus 1 unallocated, the remaining 65 dealers who have a Master NSX Tech get 1 unallocated and then the remaining 64 units get put into some sort of lottery?

that is the key..how will corporate rate or handle orders from dealers who meet the basic criteria but have only moved a few say less than 5 in 5 years....I'm sure there are many of those with deposited buyers...

That is the piece of puzzle that ACURA only know and they are being tight lipped about it... I believe that information is not for the public sector, even i cant get insight to that!

BUT I am 100% positive that the top 70 each will all at least get one additional allocation in addition to their guaranteed allocations.

Hope you are right! I am #2 at a dealer that has 1 allocation. I dont know their size but they told me they are definitely getting 1.

My read of this guidance is that those first 100 are allocated to those top 70 dealers and the remaining 199 are simply not. Meaning, doesn't really matter how many other NSX qualified dealers with qualified techs there are beyond those top 70 -- it's not like they automatically get an allocation, after all they missed the top 70 which would have given them an automatic allocation. So after that first 100, the rest is allocated as per this notice on a "first-come first-served basis." These other breakdowns of 135 and 127 or 117 or whatever are totally irrelevant. If you're not top 70, it's all first come first serve...? Right?

I believe there will be some attempt at an equitable or fair distribution to satisfy as many deposited orders from dealers across the country that still have a certified tech and the equipment and have sold at least 1 NC1 in the past. If there are more of those than there are cars left then I would assume they will have to perform a lottery of some sort.I don't believe the first come first serve will be a primary driver. From a corporate standpoint you want your product in as many geographies as possible. You want a diverse user base.You also want to maximize your profit on the units, thus choosing the most expensive orders to fill first.

Last edited:
Back