• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Type-S Announced

I believe there will be some attempt at an equitable or fair distribution to satisfy as many deposited orders from dealers across the country that still have a certified tech and the equipment and have sold at least 1 NC1 in the past. If there are more of those than there are cars left then I would assume they will have to perform a lottery of some sort.I don't believe the first come first serve will be a primary driver.
I think you are correct. One method they can also consider is take previous ownerships of NC1 take into consideration. I am more in the camp that believe first 100 is sold out due to FOMO. But not all 299 sold out in less than a week time. Up to August 20th. Think about it, someone need to make an effort to decide, configure, put down deposit in 1 week time and require 299 of them to do so and on a car that is $200kish out the door.

My reasoning and I am wrong a lot:
1. First time exotic car owner tend not to go for NSX (they want the badge)
2. Existing exotic car owner often somewhat brand snobs (ironically this group likely also the biggest group of potential buyers since some tried them all and want something different)
3. NA1/NA2 owners generally hates NC1 with exception of few super amazingly awesome real car enthusiast individuals that are absolutely boss level:cool::biggrin:

Last edited:
haha we are all trying to mind read at this point. I will say that the type S designation, however contrived it may be, has some allure. The end of the line has the fomo. For me I was always waiting for a special edition. Although the body changes are small the visual impact (for me) is striking. Lets hope as many as possible are satisfied next week...:cool:

I think you are correct. One method they can also consider is take previous ownerships of NC1 take into consideration. I am more in the camp that believe first 100 is sold out due to FOMO. But not all 299 sold out in less than a week time. Up to August 20th. Think about it, someone need to make an effort to decide, configure, put down deposit in 1 week time and require 299 of them to do so and on a car that is $200kish out the door.

My reasoning and I am wrong a lot:
1. First time exotic car owner tend not to go for NSX (they want the badge)
2. Existing exotic car owner often somewhat brand snobs (ironically this group likely also the biggest group of potential buyers since some tried them all and want something different)
3. NA1/NA2 owners generally hates NC1 with exception of few super amazingly awesome real car enthusiast individuals that are absolutely boss level:cool::biggrin:

I am a NA2 owner that likes the NC1 just fine. I can't however justify spending 200K on another two seater that would sit most of the time, like the NSX and S2000. I still haven't heard how many are coming to Canada anyhow.

15 which seems like alot..

I am a NA2 owner that likes the NC1 just fine. I can't however justify spending 200K on another two seater that would sit most of the time, like the NSX and S2000. I still haven't heard how many are coming to Canada anyhow.

Faron, I was told that Canada is getting 15 Type S......Prices are around $250-270K

Bram

That is close to US $ pricing...

I believe that the 15 for Canada is part of the 300.

Honda Canada is run from Ohio, so we are considered like another State......Previously, Honda Canada was part of Honda Japan Worldwide division.

Bram

I think the 15 comes out of the 50 for the rest of the world..JDM gets 30 ...so only 5 for middle east/Europe...

If the American experience is any indicator, you may be surprised...TypeSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

S production

300 for usa
30 Japan
15 canada
5 Europe I guess

Canada, 15 cars, 1st will be auctioned by Acura canada, 3 orders in system for customers who didn't receive 2021. That leaves 11 cars for the lottery beginning in Sept. 3 west coast, 3 for east coast including Quebec. 5 for Ontario. Sell out guaranteed even if the luxury tax applies.

Is the Canadian order process like ours?

S production

300 for usa
30 Japan
15 canada
5 Europe I guess

Canada, 15 cars, 1st will be auctioned by Acura canada, 3 orders in system for customers who didn't receive 2021. That leaves 11 cars for the lottery beginning in Sept. 3 west coast, 3 for east coast including Quebec. 5 for Ontario. Sell out guaranteed even if the luxury tax applies.

I'll make the same bet I did with some Folks from HQ, that these will not sell out in Canada.

Beer and Wings

Bram

I'm a 36 A....:redface:

Spoke to my longtime (20 years now! Wow, have bought five Acuras from him now over the years) salesman at my preferred Acura dealer today. GM ordered a Type S for self, it'll sit on display for a bit on arrival, then will be sold. I wonder how many dealers are going to be doing the same?

I indicated interest if offered at MSRP (it won't be, I'm sure :( ) and dependent on color.

My call was actually about the TLX Type S, but that is just as unobtanium right now...at least for a test drive.

Last edited:
Its all speculation as of now... Guess well find out on 09/01....

There are quite a few GMs/Owners of dealerships that are doing this... Apparently there is nothing ACURA can do about that, besides frowning :)

I bet most the top 70 dealers are doing at least one car like this with a markup, sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that insider buying is(imho) a big loophole in the rules.

Nothing new here

When the LFA came out Lexus was all, we want these cars to go to our customers and be driven

In reality, a bunch of the 17x allocated to the US were going to dealership owners from the get go

After getting my allocation and speaking with the dealer principal he said something like, Lexus has to give the dealers something here to reward participation in the program (really couldn't fault his point), gets to the double speak the manufacturers burp out at us

Back