• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Type 'S' interior switch panel

I noticed that the NSX Type 'S' has a pretty cool little switch panel going on where we get a stupid coin holder in the center console area. It looks like it has 4 switches to control the fog lights and stuff. I want one. Can anyone get me one? Some one has to be able to get type S parts in Japan...

I'll suppose it's the same as the one we get here in Europe on the standard NSX.

4 switches include: front fogs, rear fog, headlight washer, headlight height adjustment.

This will be $$$

I can inform for you if you want........

Dutchy

Sweet... Yeah if you can get me one I will be more than happy to pay you for the part and your time. They won't sell them over here in the US. Thanks in advance.

John P. Hudak
Microsoft Corporation
(425) 985-2271 24/7

What is the price of this
smile.gif

Thanks,

Originally posted by tabasco:
How many NSXs at Microsoft?

1 More than last week
biggrin.gif
. What building are you in John? I'm in building 18

Jeff

------------------
95 T bl/bl @ 39.6K
DC Headers
RM DTM Exhaust
CT Strut Tower Bar

Ok, one question at a time.

1) I've seen a few NSX's abouts at MS. I would guess that company wide there are probably about 10-12 or so. Almost all of
them are early model red or black.

2) The price.. I have no idea. I would guess the switch panel is $100 or so.

3) I'm in building 27, soon moving over to
bld. 50; alias is jhudak

off topic, however, I'm trying to get people together for a kinda-spur-of-the-moment breakfast at Cafe Flora on Lake Wash Sat morning. Private me if either of you are interested.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

Originally posted by ravetek:
The price.. I have no idea. I would guess the switch panel is $100 or so.

I went to my dealer, and here the prices as they are here in Holland. I think you will find the same prices in other countries, also in Japan.
The prices are including BTW (19% VAT), in US dollars.

Panel: 25.33
Headlight height switch: 137.84
Headlight washer switch: 93.01
Front fogs: 91.06
Rear fog: 91.06

Total: USD 438,92

Add some shipping.

Bargain, if you ask me.............

Dutchy

Wow! That seems pretty pricey to me, but I guess if someone wants it bad enough. I haven't seen any pictures of it, but it better look pretty sweet!

Don't forget that it will cost quite a bit to install the wiring and other pieces that might also be required. I would be very suprised if the US models have any existing wiring for adjusting the height of the headlights. On the versions with the headlight control does it simply adjust the pop up headlights or does just the lamp move?

All I can say is good luck adding this option, I am sure it will be very cool when done though.

I'll take it. If you have a paypal account just send me an invoice to [email protected] and I'll provide fundage ASAP. Also, I could just send you a check if you prefer. I really appreciate it by the way. I can also be reached at (425) 985-2271 if need be.

To answer everyone's question- I am not trying to install headlight windshield washer motors or alignment thingy's or anything of the sort.

I will re-silkscreen the buttons and use them for such things as turning cooling fans on and off for the stereo, for my laser/radar jamming stuff, and for my fogs.

For my application, none of the aftermarket OEM's such as mouser electronics, etc... make lighted push buttons that would look quite right if I was going to try to make a custom switch panel.

I would just rather spend the extra money and do it right then waste a couple hundred on a custom switch panel that just doesn't look stock.

Anyone can do an installation that is flashy and doesn't look stock- the real trick is to make everything look like it belongs in the car because Honda must have put it there.

This should go private, but since there are a lot of people who really want to know about this little switchboard, i'll keep it on here, until Lud decides otherwise.

Let me spend some time on getting photo's and other stuf.

Later

Dutchy

Oke,

Here we go:

First picture, everything switched off from left to right, top to bottom.
1- Front fogs, light commes up green when switched on. See 2nd pic. Is a switch.
2- Rear fog, light commes up orange when switched on. See 2nd pic. Is a switch.
3- Headlight washer. Pushbutton only, so doesn't lock in 'on' position.
4- Headlight adjustment thingy. Commes up when pressed (see 2nd photo), has position for the different levels of the beam. And yes, it actually adjusts the level of the beam, and not the height of the headlight-assembly. Is required by law since 1992 in Europe, main reason is for heavy loads in the back off your car.(requires other headlight assembly aswell.)

SB001.jpg

SB002.jpg

I'll suppose you want one or two off these switches, wich will fit in any of the four places. WOW, you could have four green-fog-switches.
Not sure about it will fit, but seems logical to me.........
We can find out when ordering 1 first.

Tell me what you think.

[This message has been edited by DutchBlackNsx (edited 25 September 2001).]

[This message has been edited by DutchBlackNsx (edited 25 September 2001).]

Thanks for those great pictures!!! I would be interested in the switch panel 'as is' as opposed to mixing and matching switches. I would use the front push button fog switch for my front PIAA fog lights, the rear fog push button switch as the on/off for my laser/radar jammers, the momentary headlight washer switch for my custom traffic light changer circuit, and finally the pop-up headlight adjustment switch for the rotory control knob on my PPI QBass. That would be sweet.

So, I guess I am good to go. Quick question thou- what in the hell is a rear fog light??? Where do you put a fog light on the back of an NSX? What is it for? I've never even heard of such a thing until we started this thread.

Originally posted by ANYTIME:
What's that switch that you can barely see in the photo behind the e-brake for?

Two button code panel with carjack option for car-alarm (aftermarket, Clifford)

Dutchy

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
What is a 'traffic light changer' Nightrider?
;-)
-- Chris

Traffic lights at many major intersections have a device on them to receive a signal from emergency vehicles. The device allows the emergency vehicle to signal the light to change to green for that direction. One name for these is preemptive emitters.
There was a guy a while back selling information on making a home version called a Go-Box but he was scamming people and did some jail time.
Try here for an article on a home made controller. Note that this is almost certainly illegal and is certainly irresponsible behavior of the highest order.

------------------
The NSX Model List Page

Originally posted by ravetek:

So, I guess I am good to go. Quick question thou- what in the hell is a rear fog light??? Where do you put a fog light on the back of an NSX? What is it for? I've never even heard of such a thing until we started this thread.

LOL

A rear fog light is a foglight on the rear of the car.....................................REALLY???

It's not really uncommen overhere, actually, all cars have one. You will have noticed the pictures off European and/or Japanese NSX's with darker taillights, and off course the genuine 'H' emblem....
I'll suppose you guys have 2 reverse lights on youre NSX, we get only 1, the otherone is changed into a very bright red light.
Great for driving in fog or heavy rain, people will see you about 10 times better from the rear....

Send me a private mail, and w'll sort something out. I'm not sure on the paypal thing, i need to have a look at it first.

Dutchy

Originally posted by lemansnsx:
Note that this is almost certainly illegal and is certainly irresponsible behavior of the highest order.

Irresponsible behavior of the highest order?
You should see the way I drive during rush hour, now that is what I call irresponsible.

We have lots of traffic lights in Bellevue ok? Further more- all of them are red at night. That aside- I have a yellow car, not a black car- so I can't be nightrider. Perhaps we can grant Florance that nick name?

In any event, I got a Negligent driving II yesterday morning so I'm going to end up paying for a my legal team to go get it dismissed. Thus, as you can see I have greater legal concerns than a stupid emitter at this point, but hey now that is just the cost of driving.

PS I have hook-ups on changers, so if anyone needs one just let me know the good word. Were putting one in two civics as well one of these weekends coming up. After I get some test results in I promise to post them to the forum.

Originally posted by DutchBlackNsx:
You will have noticed the pictures off European and/or Japanese NSX's with darker taillights, and off course the genuine 'H' emblem....
I'll suppose you guys have 2 reverse lights on youre NSX, we get only 1, the otherone is changed into a very bright red light.

Dutchy

Here's a picture to illustrate what Dutchy is explaining :

DSC00086.jpg

Thankx David.....

Seems that a lot of people don't know about rear-fog light.
Will try to make picture in the dark.......

Dutchy

Back