• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ultimate balla / JDM wheels, money no object?, Post your vote and one picture please

and was the one super gt green te37 wheel on YJ a center bolt? i think i have a picture on my computer, how cool of a piece of memorabilia would that be!

Indeed, it was a center-lock wheel though a bit beat-up. It'd be cool to have. Put some glass on top and make it a table. ;)

offset/diameter maketh the wheel. :wink:

ehh, give me some 17's that sit pretty flush with the wheel well and i could care less, 18's on a non honda, and 26's on a escalade:tongue:

and pony boy was the pic in a cardboard box? i just tried to find it in my pic folders but no luck, must be buried deep somewhere lol, but i would have displayed it in my garage on the wall

There is a red centerlock TE for sale at RB Motoring.
246centerlock.jpg

ehh, give me some 17's that sit pretty flush with the wheel well and i could care less, 18's on a non honda, and 26's on a escalade:tongue:

and pony boy was the pic in a cardboard box? i just tried to find it in my pic folders but no luck, must be buried deep somewhere lol, but i would have displayed it in my garage on the wall

that sit pretty flushthat would be offset, thanks for proving me right.:biggrin:

that sit pretty flushthat would be offset, thanks for proving me right.:biggrin:

errr what i meant to say was stock offset so they sit way far in the wheel wells:tongue: jk, you were right, i thought you would have meant like offset for lip and whatnot, but whatever, you right, and im just prooving you right, too bad the world doesnt work more like our wheel tastes

errr what i meant to say was stock offset so they sit way far in the wheel wells:tongue: jk, you were right, i thought you would have meant like offset for lip and whatnot, but whatever, you right, and im just prooving you right, too bad the world doesnt work more like our wheel tastes

lip is included in the offset equation, but like you allude to, WHAT offset and diameter is aesthetically pleasing (not interested in performance personally) is all according to taste. :)

I feel that the volk racing Cv-pro wheels from back in the day were hot wheels. Now, I feel that the ultimate wheel is the 02 wheel. I had many wheels, some high end wheels on my car, and I still feel that the 02 wheels look the best. Just my opinion though.

I still have those on my car!

Nate in DC

Attachments

• IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:
im still waiting to see these 17/18 m7's i hear about.

just FYI, if these are a prototype m7 that came of the mugen nsx in japan.

the specs were 17x8.5 frnt 17x9.5 rear. (prototype m7s)

the production model m7s were 16x8 and 17x9.

LETS SEE THE PICS!!!

A lot of nice wheels so far

So far my list of baller wheels are:
Volk Racing ProMag Spokes or Mesh
Volk Racing TE37 Mag wheels
Volk Racing TE37 Centerlock wheels
Neez wheels
Dymags

Old School wheels that I liked:
Mugen M7's
Manaray Spokes
SSR super fins, neo, mesh
Volk Racing Evolution 3's
Advans
Racing Hart Type C's

Last edited:
I never knew M7's came in 18".

They never did.....And if they did...I definitely would know about them...

The M7's are 16/17's on the black nsx... Its funny, the last set of 16/17 M7's on YJ sold cheap, around $1200 for the set 8 months ago, in Japan they realize this is an ugly wheel, here a guy gets a set and thinks they're worth $8k :eek:

Hmmmm...i'd actually have to disagree... you might be thinking of a 16" 4x114 set...for $1200....... As for the the NSX Spec M7's 16x8 frt 17x9 rr, I know they are worth $8k...because I sold multiple sets for around that price...:smile: People will pay for the rare goods especially in mint condition....Especially since there is only 5 sets in the US...and only one I've seen on a NSX.....Funny how Japan also thinks certain items are of no value and people in the US will will pay $1600 for a used steering wheel...go figure.

Top dollar for this 18 year old set of wheels...
nsx6.jpg

ahh....whew.....I thought I was the only one who thought they were ugly...........

To each his own....I'm not really into the whole 19" and 20" combo....especially on a stock 91 body-style...Such large wheels don't look proportional to the car....I guess you can say i'm old school...:wink:

IMG_1312.jpg

Too bad the M7's did not come in 17, 18s......Man I wish I would have saved this one mugen wheel thing....I could have sworn they had sizes up to 19's on the list....I even remember they had questions marks for the 19 inch prices.....it was from a japanese mag or something....oh wells.....

My contribution to the thread. Even though I don't have an nsx yet. These are Mugen MF10s that are for the nsx. 17 x 9 baby. I have 17 x 7.5 fronts too. I like chads m7s but I prefer a 17/17 setup:wink:

IMG_8775.jpg

17/17 is the only way to go:wink:

QUOTE]

sure if you have an S2000......

the only 17/17 set up I think is okay is the type-r nsx wheels (2002+)

other than that 17s in the rear looks to small.....18 is just right and 19 is bling size.

To each his own....I'm not really into the whole 19" and 20" combo....especially on a stock 91 body-style...Such large wheels don't look proportional to the car....I guess you can say i'm old school...:wink:

I'll agree with you on the 19"/20" combo.....is someone actually using this on an NSX? I already think 18"/19" is pushing it.

I'll agree with you on the 19"/20" combo.....is someone actually using this on an NSX? I already think 18"/19" is pushing it.

Well just goes to show you how modding taste can change with each person...hehehe

I saw a 19/20" combo once and it does look a bit extreme but for car shows that is the norm.

Granted I'm way too old for car shows these days, I went with 18/19" combo and I think it's the PERFECT look for the car.

rk

Back