• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unofficial picture thead of 02 front end conversion

Zero-Cool said:
-02 sideskirts
-rear valance
-R-diffuser

this front end conversion was what i was referring to, i got the rear covered already :p

For those of us looking to go aftermarket route, would the Cantrell GT series front bumper still require all the "hidden" work underneath? ....or does the Cantrell front bumper come with all that.

What I'm getting at is, would going this route ultimately be cheaper? If it comes with all the hardware, all I'd need is the headlights, hood and Cantrell front end. Correct me if I'm wrong....

Here's a link
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior%5Fperformance%5Fproducts/NSX/Cantrell%5FConcepts/GT%2DSeries/front%5Fbumper/

Also, would this also be a cheaper alternative for the stock 02+ look?
Taitec Tracy's factory style one piece 02+ front bumper
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior%5Fperformance%5Fproducts/NSX/TAITEC/2002%5FBumper%5FSpoiler/

Hope I didn't hijack your thread but I'm sure some people may be wondering this as well. Makes for good search material too :)

nsxsupra said:
Thanks a lot guys. I have learned that no matter how cost effective you attempt to try, the absolute minimum cost for just the front end alone is $4k by the time you are done, parts only. $1600 headlight, $1k~$2k+ carbon fiber type r hood, bits and pieces required to get it to work, etc. The rear, side, will cost additional $2~3k minimum.

What dealer offer best price for brand new 02+ oem front bumper? I like to find out the price than decide which is the best route for me, I am guessing it is at least $1500+ at Acura dealers for upper/lower bumper and lip spoiler.

206400 FACE, FR. BUMPER
205037 SKIRT, FR. BUMPER
205036 SPOILER, FR. AIR

I love the look of 02+ front bumper and I want to keep my original parts unaltered, so I will end up picking up a replica front or brand new oem. Having patience is going to be the hardest part. I had plan of painting the wheels white, but that cost will probably go towards purchasing other parts, so the color scheme will be like this:

12170IMG0012-med.JPG

how the heck did you get that picture???:confused: thats from my GT4photos. :biggrin: :wink: :cool:

Vendetta said:
For those of us looking to go aftermarket route, would the Cantrell GT series front bumper still require all the "hidden" work underneath? ....or does the Cantrell front bumper come with all that.

What I'm getting at is, would going this route ultimately be cheaper? If it comes with all the hardware, all I'd need is the headlights, hood and Cantrell front end. Correct me if I'm wrong....
Look at it this way, either way you go it is $1k+ for the front bumper.

Why not just pay $300~$400 more for OEM 02+ bumper without the need of worring about the fitment. This is one area I would not go cost saving. The bumper is the most important part of the conversion.

I could trim approximately $1000 if I had gone with fiber glass hood + aftermarket bumper. That is about as much as you are going to be able to trim. That $1k saving is not even worth it.

Vendetta said:
Hope I didn't hijack your thread but I'm sure some people may be wondering this as well. Makes for good search material too :)
no, not at all:biggrin:
This thread is to help myself and hopefully others who are interested in doing the conversion with various combinations of part and cost. I welcome anyone to post pics/info on their sucessful conversion.

Last edited:
Here are some pics of my 1992 GPW NSX, with the 02+ Conversion (100% ALL OEM).

I myself under estimated the conversion too, but once you get started..you're stuck :tongue:

Let me know if you need help with the conversion, ill walk you through it..

Some pics of my car..

BEFORE:

celine2.jpg

celine3.jpg

AFTER:

sackbbs.jpg

nsxbbs2.jpg

nsxbbs3.jpg

NSXBBS.jpg

on another set of wheels of mine

BOOM1.jpg

Good luck !

man..don't leave me out of it guys. Seems like all the 714 motoring guys are all going NA2 look and doing it right. Dang i better start on mine soon, been delaying it cuzz i know once i start..i'm gonna have to do a complete repaint of the care to get the 100% color matching that i want and that's gonna tip me well over $10k probably.

hmmmm....but jason, I can't wait to see how yours gonna turn out? I"m sure it's gonna look awesome!!!

octechgeek said:
man..don't leave me out of it guys.
Hac,

Give me a call next week if you are not busy we can go and check out the car during mid-week.

You already done the side and rear. The front is only 1 week job once you gather all the parts. If you ask the shop to blend door, bumper, you might not need a complete repaint for a perfect match. Your paint is in really good shape.

Hi mate, could you let me know ( pm OK ) where to get this lights or even the normal ones as I will need RHD JDM ( same beam pattern as UK ) lights for my future update of my NSX-R.

Cheers

AR

I recently am also persuing the 2002+ conversion and have cross refrenced almost every part number with the older pop-up headlights and 2002+ fixed headlights to see what fasteners and hardware i will reuse and what if any new ones need to be purchase (i was really bored one weekend :biggrin: ). If anyone wants the list i will add it in a link in pdf format of what i have found, but basically if you print of the parts list the 02+ part numbers have a newer part number. I am going to use the OEM front bumper for the fact that if i ever hit any road debri or bottomed out the front the urethane would flex or i would have to just replace the lower portion of the bumper and not the whole piece. I purchased the 2002+ oem parts recently and here are some of the numbers i got:

Rear Valance: list price $845 (Paid including free shipping no tax $633)
Rear Stay for Rear Valance: list price $21.20 (Paid including free shipping no tax $14.84)

Front Face Bumper Upper: list price $991.87
2 caps for front cover: list price $6.07 each
Tow hook cover: list price $40.38
Front Bumper Lower: $785.85
Front Bumper Lip: $121.40
Front Bumper Absorber: $150.55

I figuered out approx. w/ NSXCA discout of 25% total would be near: $1576.64 for just the front bumper alone w/ free shipping and no tax

rasir_x said:
I recently am also persuing the 2002+ conversion and have cross refrenced almost every part number with the older pop-up headlights and 2002+ fixed headlights to see what fasteners and hardware i will reuse and what if any new ones need to be purchase (i was really bored one weekend :biggrin: ). If anyone wants the list i will add it in a link in pdf format of what i have found,
Can you please post the link to the pdf file. I like your style, very good thinking, wish you the best luck in the conversion, and please share your progress to us as well. The oem bumper will save you some cost during prep, and you don't have to worry about fitment.

NA1/2-R said:
Here's a teaser of my JDM Type-R lights on the way!
So yeah, I will be selling my USDM OEM lights (excellent conditions) in 2-3 weeks.

15180Type-Rlights.jpg
Dan,
These lights are pretty, they are going to look badass on your NSX-R. How come you don't post more pics of your NSX? Other than Serialnsxer, Ryanitv, Vance, Wan888, you got one of the nicest looking NSX-R exterior conversion.

Jason,
Thanks for your kind words. I think mine is no match with the metioned member's R conversions. But I will post some poster quality pictures when I get a chance to shoot with my photographer soon.
Good luck with your project.

Dan

GPW_NSX said:
Here are some pics of my 1992 GPW NSX, with the 02+ Conversion (100% ALL OEM).

I myself under estimated the conversion too, but once you get started..you're stuck :tongue:

Let me know if you need help with the conversion, ill walk you through it..

Some pics of my car..

BEFORE:

celine2.jpg

celine3.jpg

AFTER:

sackbbs.jpg

nsxbbs2.jpg

nsxbbs3.jpg

NSXBBS.jpg

on another set of wheels of mine

BOOM1.jpg

Good luck !
Great looking car!!!:eek: :eek:

NA1/2-R said:
Here's a teaser of my JDM Type-R lights on the way!
So yeah, I will be selling my USDM OEM lights (excellent conditions) in 2-3 weeks.

15180Type-Rlights.jpg

just out of curiousity
not trying to knit pick, but are you aware of the angel the JDM lights will shine bright at because they drive on the other side of the road?

NSXchnk said:
just out of curiousity
not trying to knit pick, but are you aware of the angel the JDM lights will shine bright at because they drive on the other side of the road?

Yes I am aware of the angle, but does it actually that big of a deal? I will do a full report of that later on. About the angle of the light shines to the other side is just small problem that some people on here make a big deal about it.

Somewhat on topic but not discussed as often...

How much do '02+ sideskirts run? I love the nice clean look of them compared to the aftermarket ones.

nsxsupra said:
The 02+ Sideskirts run $2k+:frown:, I too love the clean lines of oem sideskirts, I wish someone made an exact replica, instead of slightly lower one with vent (that one look good as well, but oem got that really clean look). The rear valence is $600+, rear taillights are $640, the lowest quote I got so far from dealer.

Man you did your homework ;)

You'd think someone has made a replica of the '02+ skirts since they look so simple. Since I'm starting to see replica 02+ front bumpers, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we see the sideskirts as well.

I'm in for one too if they could make the exact replica. IMO second best would be the GT-One sideskirt which look to be about the same height with just added hole in the rear. I like the sideskirt to be at the stock height so they don't easily break when the car hit the bump.
nsxsupra said:
The 02+ Sideskirts run $2k+:frown:, I too love the clean lines of oem sideskirts, I wish someone made an exact replica, instead of slightly lower one with vent (that one look good as well, but oem got that really clean look). The rear valence is $600+, rear taillights are $640, the lowest quote I got so far from dealer.

nsxsupra said:

02+ sideskirts $1883.39 including shipping and no tax if im correct, i will check later this week.

What do you guy's think of BIOBANKERS Stacy's Signature Series w/ the OEM door garnish/sill i think it looks nicer w/ the OEM door piece vs. the one the stacy's signature series comes w/. Makes it look fatter vs the one that it comes w/ that makes it look skinnier. I kinda like it and may duct the lower vent to cool my rear Brembo Brakes but still cant decide on going oem or not.

Attachments

• side%20small.jpg
    side%20small.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 315
  • small%201%20front.jpg
    small%201%20front.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 308
Here is my pic of my 02 conversion.Finally done!!!
I know you all seen it 1000 times before on everyone elses car but hey I am excited like everyone else that has done it.
Where else can you gloat a little,but here on Prime.
To help out with any confusion,these are the Signature series sideskirts,created by me !(at half the price of OEM).
Now to get down to SOS for the final touches(Gruppe M charger and motor build,short gears and 4.23 ring gear).

See you soon Chris!!

Stacy

Attachments

• 02front1.jpg
    02front1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,235
Last edited:
Back