• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Update Look of 95 NSX

I am having some work done on my 1995 T and decided to replace the rear valence with the OEM 2002 version and also update the tail lights. Was also going to replace the original side skirts/rockers with the 2002 versions but don't want to do the front end conversion since I am not a big fan of the "bug eye" look (no offense to you 02+ owners, the newer front end just never grew on me). I have found quite a few Prime cars with 02 rear conversions, 02 front conversions or complete conversions (front and back), but has anyone just done the rear and the side skirts? My concern is that I don't know how the transition will look between the 02 side skirts and the 95 front end since the pre-02 front end didn't drop straight down under the bumper (it curved back in, like the older side skirts). Anyone out there done it and have a picture to share? Otherwise I will probably just stick with the rear end conversion and leave the skirts as they are:biggrin:. Thanks.

If nobody has real pictures, I can at least offer some quick photochops. I was debating installing a 2002 valance and sills as well a few months ago.

Attachments

• 1995.jpg
    1995.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 846
  • 1995 with 2002 valance.jpg
    1995 with 2002 valance.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 709
  • 1995 with 2002 valance and sills.jpg
    1995 with 2002 valance and sills.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 709
  • 2002.jpg
    2002.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 784
Here's my 96-T with 02+ OEM rear valance, OEM side skirts and door inserts. It also has the later front lip on the bumper. Sorry the car's a dark colour and not the best example to decide changes from but maybe it helps?

Attachments

• 135-3511_IMG.jpg
    135-3511_IMG.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 564
  • 135-3513_IMG.jpg
    135-3513_IMG.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 576
  • 135-3517_IMG.jpg
    135-3517_IMG.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 630
  • 135-3521_IMG.jpg
    135-3521_IMG.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 490
  • 135-3528_IMG.jpg
    135-3528_IMG.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 480
  • 135-3529_IMG.jpg
    135-3529_IMG.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 426
Thanks a lot for posting the pictures. Based on what I am seeing it looks good with the side sills and door inserts and the 02 rear. I don't think that it looks bad leaving the sills with the old style either, but I like the lower, more aggressive look of the newer sills. I would welcome any additional pictures or input from others, otherwise I will probably make my decision in the next week and go from there (and will post pics when it is all done).

I am one like you, don't really go "CRAZY" about the 02+ front, is cute but i wouldn't do that, yet the 91-01 rear drives me NUTS how outdated looks, doing the whole rear isn't cheap either.

I replaced the Tails + added the CF Spoiler + CF Lip under the spoiler (like the 02+) CF diffuser + Valance that in the end costs a lot :( .....

But I am so happy now by the way it looks ....

DSC04895.jpg

DSC04892.jpg

DSC04943.jpg

DSC04942.jpg

The side Panels honestly makes almost NO difference so i wouldn't go that way either

DSC04952.jpg

On the front, covering the center RED piece + the Air Dam + the LED's from Rick ( http://www.euroboutique.us/ ) in my opinion makes the old bumper look fresh again, lowering the car + spacers helps a TON, I run stock wheels and they IMHO look as good as the 02+

DSC04907.jpg

DSC04809.jpg

:)

DSC04856.jpg

here's my '91
02+ sides and rear......
sorry for the bad pics, took them with my iphone and they came out fuzzy...
i'll post some better pics later.....

Attachments

• IMG_0455[1].jpg
    IMG_0455[1].jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_0415[1].jpg
    IMG_0415[1].jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_0416[1].jpg
    IMG_0416[1].jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_0397[1].jpg
    IMG_0397[1].jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_0507.jpg
    IMG_0507.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 508
Last edited:
When I moved up from my 91 (with OEM 17/17's) to a 2004 (with OEM 17/17's) I noticed the side panel differences immediately and like the new version much better. I feel it finishes the car off. Hands down the updated OEM rear is awesome, just watch the changes with certain exhaust systems.

Your rear valence and bumper look a shade lighter than the quarter panel. Were those parts painted or only the valence? Maybe it's the lighting?

I am one like you, don't really go "CRAZY" about the 02+ front, is cute but i wouldn't do that, yet the 91-01 rear drives me NUTS how outdated looks, doing the whole rear isn't cheap either.

I replaced the Tails + added the CF Spoiler + CF Lip under the spoiler (like the 02+) CF diffuser + Valance that in the end costs a lot :( .....

But I am so happy now by the way it looks ....

DSC04895.jpg

DSC04892.jpg

DSC04943.jpg

DSC04942.jpg

The side Panels honestly makes almost NO difference so i wouldn't go that way either

DSC04952.jpg

On the front, covering the center RED piece + the Air Dam + the LED's from Rick ( http://www.euroboutique.us/ ) in my opinion makes the old bumper look fresh again, lowering the car + spacers helps a TON, I run stock wheels and they IMHO look as good as the 02+

DSC04907.jpg

DSC04809.jpg

:)

DSC04856.jpg

Your rear valence and bumper look a shade lighter than the quarter panel. Were those parts painted or only the valence? Maybe it's the lighting?

The valance and front Lip were painted on my local shop, they look identical with the OEM Red, but maybe the shade is a bit different vs the car, @ the naked eye you can't see any difference .. but you have a super good eye!

Oscar

Closeups of the girl in the purple! :biggrin:

Hahaham I am 5'9, she is like 6'2, Lithuanian girl, her BF is from Lithuania too, great people! :D

DSC04804.jpg

DSC04830.jpg

About DF Diffuser ... next year ... this year I AM DONE with mods ... I had to buy my NSX cash and on top spend some $$ to make it look "right" ... so, now, FOR A WHILE I am on hold .... :(

Oscar

Oh, the word "Lituania" is like Kyprtonite around these parts.

Oscar, car looks great but you shoukd add the updated skirts to finish it off.

Thanks again for all of the input, Prime. On a related question, has anyone used the Downforce OER skirts for 02? I like them more because you don't have drill into the doors like the OEM version (for the door panels). However, I don't want the skirts to look cheap either (I am having a great body shop do the work, so not too worried). On an unrelated question, is anyone running the CT swaybars on their car? I am upgrading to the KW suspension while I have a bunch of other stuff done, and thought that I would go with the CT sways (unless they will make the ride way too stiff, but they are adjustable).

i am using OEM skirts and valance and the DF door inserts (i didn't want to put holes in my door).........

Attachments

• IMG_0514.jpg
    IMG_0514.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 858
Once again I'm jacking the OP's thread but what are ya'll doing? Parade/Bullrun/Cannonball run? Looks fun!

It's for the Indy 300 this October 10th, there's an S2000 Corral, I always get invited because my NSX but this year I am bringing the NSX

+1 & wheres my invite:confused:

I'll add you as friend on my list, we meet every 2nd Friday @ the towers (go to the FL section for the latest photos etc) ... so I can have contact with you, I might be able to get ONE NSX more into the mix but if you were @ the meet I am sure I could help somehow hahaha

Oscar, car looks great but you shoukd add the updated skirts to finish it off.

YEAH is growing on me DAMMIT I thought i was DONE.. :( hahhaha

OP. do the OEM Sides, they do look HOT!

Oscar

fork lift?

Yep, fence is a gate. My solution to the city not letting me build a 3 car framed garage. Now I don't have to wash my car in the dirty alley.

Back