• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Updates on 2021 builds

Wow - that's an amazing story and I am really looking forward to working with them. I'll have to remind them to not allow test drives etc and to keep the delivery miles minimal.

What's reasonable mileage upon new delivery? I've seen new NC1 deliver with 4 miles when they picked up on youtube.

Also, do they require car washing (for inspections) or can I wash when I get home? I don't want to risk getting swirl marks.

Under 5.

We dont add gas until the customer picks up the NSX.

We dont wash the car if its a fresh delivery. If its a showroom car, we'll hand wash.

We dont install the front plate either.

I bought mine out of CT and had a friend who has an auto transport business pick it up for me in his enclosed trailer. I asked them not to wash it or do any other prep. They drove it off the showroom floor to the trailer. Then delivered to my driveway.

It had 4 miles on it. All interior protective covers were still on - seats, center console, doors, and sticker over the emblem on the steering wheel. Window sticker was still on the window.

After 8 months of waiting, I finally took delivery of my NSX on Thursday! Love the car, it’s definitely a head turner. Below is my journey for those who who are interested. I imagine my journey took longer due to chip shortages and MY change over.

Labor Day Weekend 2020 - contacted a few dealer with initial interest; 2 blew me off and said I needed to put a $10k deposit to even schedule a test drive. 1 dealer reached back out and set up the test drive.
October 2020 - test drove a regional model from 2017 for an hour in a city setting. Lots of head turns.
November 6th 2020 - placed my order by building the car on Acura’s website and sending the spec to the dealer. Negotiated a $2500 deposit with contingency on $20k incentive and full refund until order confirm.
Late Nov. - 2nd test drive for multiple hours in NH. Loads of highway driving and speeds
January 21st 2021 - order confirmed with build spec.
March 6th 2021 - Build sheet confirmed and delivered to me.
March 23rd 2021 - model built and dyno’ed
April 3rd 2021 - Car arrived in MA via closed transport
April 5th -7th - navigated the finance process as I didn’t fit the “typical profile” of an NSX owner (whatever that means). It wasn’t a cash, credit or liquidity thing. Basically the hold up was I don’t own my place but instead rent as my Fiancé owns and we split the mortgage.
April 8th - picked up the car and brought it home for 2 months of storage till the paint cures :).

A few things to note:
1) Comms was infrequent during process. No one know what timelines looked like.
2 I was annoyed by the “profile” comment but got approved for 3.79%. I negotiated no mark up in my contract so got full pass through (however Acura may allow a 1.25% max mark up).

All in all, love the car and here’s some pics.
fa6c73577b062cf736555204e876781c.jpg

b303e373a7d04ab78df493e48ab34b6d.jpg

Last edited:
CONGRATS!

Yes, the communication regarding progress through the build process is non-existant. I wish I could give customers exciting updates, but its just a lot of waiting. It goes from radio silence for 2.9 months, then BAM, build date, in-transit, and delivery.

Congrats..... I have seen an orange one in person, and can say that the car is stunning in the bright orange metallic! The metallic is very fine and you don't really notice it until you're close up.

Congrats! I'd love to hear more about the whole "profiling" thing. Either you're approved for credit or you're not, and I wouldn't think they'd take a deposit and confirm an order without knowing. It's too bad that your delivery experience, which should have been the culmination of months of anticipation, was tainted by that. But now that it's all behind you, enjoy driving your amazing new car!

Congrats! I'd love to hear more about the whole "profiling" thing. Either you're approved for credit or you're not, and I wouldn't think they'd take a deposit and confirm an order without knowing. It's too bad that your delivery experience, which should have been the culmination of months of anticipation, was tainted by that. But now that it's all behind you, enjoy driving your amazing new car!

Thanks all! I’m super happy to have the car.

TBH the finance profile wasn’t a dealership thing. I think Acura Finance is stringent about criteria (which makes sense from a controls perspective) and overtime established a typical profile from a financial stand point. For example, std. practice includes credit and salary review. However the hurdle was that I rent vs own. Also I couldn’t use my 2020 W2 as proof of income, it had to be a paystub. Luckily I was fine but I make most of my money through my side hustle (trader) which doesn’t show up in a W2. They didn’t even want to look at that or Net Worth. Was odd they only focused on the salary.

Agreed, you would think some check would be done at order placement to ensure the customer can adopted the car and is not an issue down stream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Congrats CP! Car looks amazing and I am sure you are going to love it. Really appreciate the detailed timeline and sorry to hear about the AFS experience. Hopefully weather is nice enough for you to take it for spin while you wait for the paint to cure :D

Your palpable enthusiasm with the NC1 procurement, and [MENTION=37431]sbkim[/MENTION]'s excitement, makes me want to order one just because... I'd want to have the full experience including the NSX Insider Experience if it's still afforded.

Your palpable enthusiasm with the NC1 procurement, and [MENTION=37431]sbkim[/MENTION]'s excitement, makes me want to order one just because... I'd want to have the full experience including the NSX Insider Experience if it's still afforded.

Definitely order one!!! They are awesome cars. I love checking mine out every day :)

While driving home after picking it up from the dealership a blue C8 and red Ferrari 488 pulled up next to me on the highway and gave me the thumbs up. I find the Ferrari and Acura equally beautiful. C8 is nice but don’t love the look as much.

Definitely order one!!! They are awesome cars. I love checking mine out every day :)

While driving home after picking it up from the dealership a blue C8 and red Ferrari 488 pulled up next to me on the highway and gave me the thumbs up. I find the Ferrari and Acura equally beautiful. C8 is nice but don’t love the look as much.

I’ve had one, since Nov 2017, but it was an impulse purchase. I planned to check out what the $6k up charge on both the Valencia Red Pearl and Nouvelle Blue Pearl was all about; I never got to see the Nouvelle Blue Pearl and haven't seen one in person yet. The $30k rebate did me in.

I considered attending the NSX Insider Experience after picking up the car, but it would have just been a tour -- I would want to place the logo or torque some bolts on a car I ordered. : )

Oh, you're going to have a lot of fun experiences with your new NSX. Enjoy it!

Congratulations, enjoy it in the best of health.

I wasn't asked about how I was going to pay when I ordered.

The lender thing is not really unexpected. Your paystub reflects how much the lender knows you are making, bonuses, side hustles, etc may be factored in later.

The home ownership question is kind of a stability check.

Half of the times I go to buy a car, the finance person comes back with a rejection because they don't get my rental property income into the electronic form and the bank sees a bunch of mortgages. Once that sorts out, it gets done.

They blanked you on the rate. Perhaps you can get the loan refinanced.

Looking forward to you rolling down Newbury St this summer.

Congratulations. You are an outlier in credit risk . Be happy you got financing. In the last financial crisis that might have been an issue.Having your income based on the stock market is also a risk from the lender's side. But that is all water under the bridge ..now you can boost in peace...

After 8 months of waiting, I finally took delivery of my NSX on Thursday! Love the car, it’s definitely a head turner. Below is my journey for those who who are interested. I imagine my journey took longer due to chip shortages and MY change over.

Labor Day Weekend 2020 - contacted a few dealer with initial interest; 2 blew me off and said I needed to put a $10k deposit to even schedule a test drive. 1 dealer reached back out and set up the test drive.
October 2020 - test drove a regional model from 2017 for an hour in a city setting. Lots of head turns.
November 6th 2020 - placed my order by building the car on Acura’s website and sending the spec to the dealer. Negotiated a $2500 deposit with contingency on $20k incentive and full refund until order confirm.
Late Nov. - 2nd test drive for multiple hours in NH. Loads of highway driving and speeds
January 21st 2021 - order confirmed with build spec.
March 6th 2021 - Build sheet confirmed and delivered to me.
March 23rd 2021 - model built and dyno’ed
April 3rd 2021 - Car arrived in MA via closed transport
April 5th -7th - navigated the finance process as I didn’t fit the “typical profile” of an NSX owner (whatever that means). It wasn’t a cash, credit or liquidity thing. Basically the hold up was I don’t own my place but instead rent as my Fiancé owns and we split the mortgage.
April 8th - picked up the car and brought it home for 2 months of storage till the paint cures :).

A few things to note:
1) Comms was infrequent during process. No one know what timelines looked like.
2 I was annoyed by the “profile” comment but got approved for 3.79%. I negotiated no mark up in my contract so got full pass through (however Acura may allow a 1.25% max mark up).

All in all, love the car and here’s some pics.

CONGRATS!! You'll need to do a proper new owner thread with pics. Thermal Orange is such a gorgeous color. And update your avatar!! :D

Thanks all! I’m super happy to have the car.

TBH the finance profile wasn’t a dealership thing. I think Acura Finance is stringent about criteria (which makes sense from a controls perspective) and overtime established a typical profile from a financial stand point. For example, std. practice includes credit and salary review. However the hurdle was that I rent vs own. Also I couldn’t use my 2020 W2 as proof of income, it had to be a paystub. Luckily I was fine but I make most of my money through my side hustle (trader) which doesn’t show up in a W2. They didn’t even want to look at that or Net Worth. Was odd they only focused on the salary.

Agreed, you would think some check would be done at order placement to ensure the customer can adopted the car and is not an issue down stream.

Yes, Acura Financial is stupid in their decision making. They want everything to be zero risk.

They google'd a customer's address and asked us where the customer is going to garage the car because they dont have a huge garage. *facepalm*

Last edited:
Congratulations, enjoy it in the best of health.

I wasn't asked about how I was going to pay when I ordered.

The lender thing is not really unexpected. Your paystub reflects how much the lender knows you are making, bonuses, side hustles, etc may be factored in later.

The home ownership question is kind of a stability check.

Half of the times I go to buy a car, the finance person comes back with a rejection because they don't get my rental property income into the electronic form and the bank sees a bunch of mortgages. Once that sorts out, it gets done.

They blanked you on the rate. Perhaps you can get the loan refinanced.

Looking forward to you rolling down Newbury St this summer.

Thanks, agreed. The rate is the standard rate they give for the NSX. I’m definitely going to refinance soon (dealer suggested keeping the loan for 3 months) but that’s not a requirement by law.

Yes will be doing that once the paint is protected. haha.

Congratulations. You are an outlier in credit risk . Be happy you got financing. In the last financial crisis that might have been an issue.Having your income based on the stock market is also a risk from the lender's side. But that is all water under the bridge ..now you can boost in peace...

Haha not sure if being an outlier in credit risk is a good thing. Tbh I only financed to get the $20k. Agreed re stocks, but I also maintain rental properties. Acura with 0 risk tolerance lol. In any case, got the car I loved for the price I wanted so living happily ever after haha :).

Just curious if there is a minimum amount on the finance/loan in order to get the $20k rebate? Would I get the rebate if I just get a loan for $10k?

does NC1 have remote start?

Just curious if there is a minimum amount on the finance/loan in order to get the $20k rebate? Would I get the rebate if I just get a loan for $10k?

Not sure about minimum lending, I think I read on another forum it was $5K. To get the price I wanted I told them I’d finance the max amount. With paying it off in June. Strategy worked well to get the best price.

Haha not sure if being an outlier in credit risk is a good thing. Tbh I only financed to get the $20k. Agreed re stocks, but I also maintain rental properties. Acura with 0 risk tolerance lol. In any case, got the car I loved for the price I wanted so living happily ever after haha :).

Job 1 is not letting tenants see you in fancy sports car...:wink:

How do you mean by best price? I thought it was just $20K off the MSRP based on the build? Can you get additional discount?

Not sure about minimum lending, I think I read on another forum it was $5K. To get the price I wanted I told them I’d finance the max amount. With paying it off in June. Strategy worked well to get the best price.

How do you mean by best price? I thought it was just $20K off the MSRP based on the build? Can you get additional discount?

The $20k is "free money" from Acura, but one can still negotiate the purchase price of the car.

Back