• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

US aftermarket chips in the euro NSX

I remember a thread a while back, where we sort of couldn't really figure if the US aftermarket chips would work in the Euro ECU's. Some said it would, other said it wouldn't.
Anyways, i got me hands on a DaliRacing chip, and it works perfect in my Euro ECU.

Have fun chipping.......

Mich

Ok Michel,

Way to go!!
Of course my first question is: Do you feel any difference in performance.
Second question is: Would you recommend the upgrade for a otherwise standard NSX (a red/black one in this case).
I remember the Dali-chip isn't even that expensive.

It would have been awesome to have a pre/post dyno too... but I am very interested in the chip.
I wanted to buy it 2,5 years ago from Mark J. and somebody told me that it would not have worked. I had a Mugen anyway at that time so I did not care investigating...

Well Gheba,

Then my questions for Mich apply to you as well. Did the Mugen chip make any noticable difference. Also, do you know the difference between your chip and the Dali one??

Honestly it didn't do much difference (at least I didn't notice any).
So I did some research and I found out somewhere (Japanese site) that the power increased of a very small amount, like 7-8 ps, and it was much further in the powerband (above 6'000 rpm if I remember correctely).
So I think there is not much to notice on the street... anyway Dali's should bring a lot more power accordingly to the website. And I'd like to know some opinion before/after with this chip...

Forgot to add: I think that the previous owner installed the chip in 1993 so Honda/Mugen did not have really much time to research on it. This may be the cause of such a small power increase?

Originally posted by duke:
Mich,
Did you send the ECU to M.J.to install the chip ? Or did you install it yourself?

Hi Duke,

Did it myself, but i have the right tools.
Wouldn't trust anyone with my ECU ($$$) who doesn't have any experience with soldering/microelectronics.

Mich

Originally posted by DutchBlackNsx:
Hi Duke,

Did it myself, but i have the right tools.
Wouldn't trust anyone with my ECU ($$$) who doesn't have any experience with soldering/microelectronics.

mad.gif

Pech voor mij.
Duke

Originally posted by andrea:
Ciao Mich

when the v-tec open?

wich redline do you have?

Oil pressure?

I would be happy if you give me this info

Andrea

www.viviservice.com [email protected]

Hi Andrea,
I also have a Dali chip (on my Standard NSX) and it gives me more torque in the midrange.

I also believe that there is more horsepower around 7500 to the rev.limiter.

The rev.limiter starts at 8500 rpm.

There is no change for VTEC.

Oilpressure is OK.

Gerard

[This message has been edited by Gerard van Santen (edited 11 September 2002).]

Back