• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

V-10 NSX Video in Germany POSTED

I posted a video of the upcoming NSX being tested in Germany's Nurburgring track, a mere 8 seconds lap behind the Skyline GT-R.

Take a look and enjoy. See Video Section

and that could be driver error. Honda is still tweaking too. wish the Press would stop calling it NSX and call it the Honda GT Concept or something. I am not beating that dead horse anymore. I did like the part where it was chasing the porsche though

I posted a video of the upcoming NSX being tested in Germany's Nurburgring track, a mere 8 seconds lap behind the Skyline GT-R.

Take a look and enjoy. See Video Section

Every time a US car publication test the GTR, it gets slower and slower. The latest by Car & Driver: 0-60 4.1 and .25 miles in 12.6@111. That is about a second off from the factory PR car!!!

Again, the GTR had a flying start and most likely, had extra help (AKA Boost):rolleyes:

Some how, the new speed of the new car decreases as the price of the gas goes up:biggrin:

......, the GTR had a flying start and most likely, had extra help (AKA Boost):rolleyes:

Maybe they are trying to save these weak transmissions B4 a massive suit to follow ...
Oscar

Maybe cause the magazines are not launchin it right? The up boost is fine. Most people will be upping the boost of the GTR as soon as they get it, making them even more formidible. Doubt me? I'm sure Nissan expected it and built the engine to be able to handle the extra boost that will inevitably occur. The extra boost is doubtful tho, the magazines are just not testing right. We are talking about best case scenarios.

The flying start is fine. It's best lap, not best first lap. Everyone is doing it, it does not make sense any other way. This is a not a drag race, from 0 to whatever. It's best lap time. I'm all for the GTR being a cheap and not so attractive supercar, but you have to give it credit where it is due. It makes a nice daily supercar beater, haha. Leave the exotic beauties for cruisin

Maybe cause the magazines are not launchin it right? The up boost is fine. Most people will be upping the boost of the GTR as soon as they get it, making them even more formidible. Doubt me? I'm sure Nissan expected it and built the engine to be able to handle the extra boost that will inevitably occur. The extra boost is doubtful tho, the magazines are just not testing right. We are talking about best case scenarios.

The flying start is fine. It's best lap, not best first lap. Everyone is doing it, it does not make sense any other way. This is a not a drag race, from 0 to whatever. It's best lap time. I'm all for the GTR being a cheap and not so attractive supercar, but you have to give it credit where it is due. It makes a nice daily supercar beater, haha. Leave the exotic beauties for cruisin

Your argument does not make sense when we're talking about "stock" mode.

With R35, Nissan also make sure that any mods done to the car will void the warrantee.

As for fly start, I don't think that is a good idea to get those extra seconds when the rest of them calculate their timed lap through garage start. Uniformity is what make the comparison fair. If ever one used the flying start, then ever one will have a better lap time, which will make the GTR's lap time not as dramatic.

Press cars are sometimes pre-production, and are often abused. The 2 GT-Rs in this country for that purpose have certainly been abused.

Also, for the 'ring, Honda is there for endurance testing of a hand-built prototype. It certainly isn't ready for record runs yet. That time will come...

Back