• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

V3 enclosure w/SWS10 sub....what amp?

So, after drooling over the V3 sub enclosure for sometime now, I finally took the plunge, due to finding a super deal in the used section. I've wanted to do this mod for several years now and have watched the enclosures evolve. I feel this is the ultimate package for me(since I do not want to loose any leg room).

This brings me to....what amp? I'm not looking to spend too much, maybe $200-$300 bucks. What are the V3 guys running? Suggestions?

Details: 91 w/100% OEM stereo

Thanks in advance!

I would try the Audison SRX3 or SRX5. I have the five, which is a bridgeable five channel, and love it. It puts 150 watts to each door and I think 180 watts to the sub, in bridged mode for fronts + sub. The SRX3 is specifically for fronts and a sub and puts more wattage to the sub. I think it is 75 watts to each door and 250 to the sub. (Don’t hold me to the specs, but I think they are close.) You can look them up at Audison.com. I got my amp on e-bay for $275.00. I also like the Alpine PDX series amps. They are digital, compact and do not produce much heat. Since they are fairly new, I could not find one less than the Audison on ebay or in any retail stores. Besides, I wanted something a little different and the PDX series amps are getting very popular. The PDX amp would fit nicely behind the driver's seat. What are you using for door speakers?

Nate in DC

BTW I have the SWS10 also and it hits really hard with my setup. I have the stock head unit and Bostons in the doors. I have a modified toolbox that was cut down to reduce legloss and is probably very similar in dimensions to the V3.

So, after drooling over the V3 sub enclosure for sometime now, I finally took the plunge, due to finding a super deal in the used section. I've wanted to do this mod for several years now and have watched the enclosures evolve. I feel this is the ultimate package for me(since I do not want to loose any leg room).

This brings me to....what amp? I'm not looking to spend too much, maybe $200-$300 bucks. What are the V3 guys running? Suggestions?

Details: 91 w/100% OEM stereo

Thanks in advance!

I just got a v3 as well (hope the mo gets to NSX Tech by today)

I'm going with the Alpine PDX4.150 as recommended by Hal.

I purchased one off of ebay for $432 USD shipped but I'm in a dispute with the guy because I asked him if he shipped it USPS (to advoid brokerage fees) and he said yes. So I promptly bought and paid him the item. He then tells me if will cost me more to ship it through USPS. ($45 UPS , $60 USPS) which I think is baloney so I'm asking for a refund. He is very slow in communication.

Any who enough of my rant

spec

4-channel car amplifier
150 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (150 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
300 watts RMS x 2 in bridged mode (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
Variable high- and low-pass filters (30-400 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
Class-D amplifier design
Stackable installation design with front-panel controls
Quick-connect speaker connectors
Preamp-level inputs
MOSFET power and output stages
CEA-2006 compliant
Fuse rating: 30A x 2
4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
Dimensions: 10-3/16"W x 2-1/2"H x 8-7/8"D

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Please help educate me, from what I understand, I'm looking for a 200 watt rms at 2 ohms, correct? From looking at the stats on the SWS10, I think that's what I need. Can someone confirm?

Thanks again,
:)

Oops, I was mistaken, thanks for the correction. So again, I need a 200 watt rms amp 4 ohm?

Yeah. A good amp to get would be a 4 channel amp that you can bridge the rear 2 channels to get about 200 watts. The MTX 3404 is perfect for this task and if you have the OEM head unit, the special RCAs they provide with amplifier can wire directly to the line outs on the head. You just need to buy 2 stereo harnesses to accomplish this. If you have an aftermarket head, it will work out fine, too.

Do not over power the sub. It is very efficient! If you put too much power, you will bow it up! You can control the gain to not give it too much power. Take lots of time when dialing in your system.

Z

I have the V3 box and run a Memphis amp to it. It's 1-ohm stable at 1,000 W and I believe 250 watts at 4 ohms. I run it dialed all the way down due to the excessive power it provides. I'd think a 200W amp is a good idea.

I'm running a ads PQ-20 to the door speakers (biamped at approx. 130W per channel). Even with all that power, the V3 is over bearing in volume if I dial up the sub amp.

Some day, I'll go simple. You might try the Xtant 3-channel amps. Or the audisson that Nate suggested. Light weight and probably enough power for most tastes.

Good luck!

I have mine on a jl audio 300.4 and it sounds amazing!

NSX FoYoAss hurry up and get it installed. You don't know what you are missing out on. I even started playing some Milli Vanilli just because it sounded so good!!!!!

I got that harness shipped free to you if you still need/want it..

I even started playing some Milli Vanilli just because it sounded so good!!!!!

I think the sub might have blew out your ear drums..:biggrin:

Back