• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

V8 Power

Just face it...

Just face it...

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Can't wait until that beast is done, <shivers>. TiDave talked about the possibility some time ago. As soon as someone can pull this off under 10k-20K, it's a serious upgraade option.

I would be very surprised if it could be done for that little. The crate LS7 alone is going to be $15K. Even an LS6 or LS3 crate is going to be around $10K. Let's say a used one is picked up for $5-10K--the labor alone is going to be well into the thousands. New transaxle is going to be needed for a few more thousand, P & L...can't see it being done for less than $20K under any circumstances. Supposing the work is done by the owner it might be feasible and certainly something I could imagine Ti Dave doing...for himself :biggrin:

Would be cool to see but I'd just go with forged pistons and high-boost. That should put you well above 400 whp with a lot less money and hassle (if power is what one's looking for).

I would be very surprised if it could be done for that little. The crate LS7 alone is going to be $15K. Even an LS6 or LS3 crate is going to be around $10K. Let's say a used one is picked up for $5-10K--the labor alone is going to be well into the thousands. New transaxle is going to be needed for a few more thousand, P & L...can't see it being done for less than $20K under any circumstances. Supposing the work is done by the owner it might be feasible and certainly something I could imagine Ti Dave doing...for himself :biggrin:

Would be cool to see but I'd just go with forged pistons and high-boost. That should put you well above 400 whp with a lot less money and hassle (if power is what one's looking for).

I've seen LS6 with the T56 tranny go for $6k used.

Intake, long tube headers with full exhaust and a tune will slap another 50~HP.

Can't wait until that beast is done, <shivers>. TiDave talked about the possibility some time ago. As soon as someone can pull this off under 10k-20K, it's a serious upgraade option.

It will be awesome,but he had to stretch the frame etc. etc. Crazy.

Last edited:

400RWHP NSX Supercharged doesn't event compare to 400RWHP Corvette and the torque you have at 2000 RPM is probably equivalent what you have at 4000RPM under boost.
I'd take Vette 400RWHP over NSX 400RWHP any day of the week.
Even at 400RWHP,it's entry-level and then you can start moding.

Last edited:
400RWHP NSX Supercharged doesn't event compare to 400RWHP Corvette and the torque you have at 2000 RPM is probably equivalent what you have at 4000RPM under boost.
I'd take Vette 400RWHP over NSX 400RWHP any day of the week.
Even at 400RWHP,it's entry-level and then you can start moding.

I have 314rwtq (4400-6500) with around 280rwtq at ~2300 rpm and with the 4.235 the car can go sideways in 1st gear if you stomp it. 400rwtq would be useless in the NSX (in 1st) and maybe in 2nd because of the high gear multiplication. Many of the turbos get around this because they either hit later in the rpm range or they limit boost in the lower gears.

1st gear in my car (weight at 2900) will slam you back hard. 2nd will shove you back. Chris of SOS is right about to say it feels like a V8. It hits a little harder than a stock C5Z06 and has more HP on top.

.......1st gear in my car (weight at 2900) will slam you back hard. 2nd will shove you back. Chris of SOS is right about to say it feels like a V8. It hits a little harder than a stock C5Z06 and has more HP on top.

The stock C5Z06 (which most aren't) have a flatter power band and better MPGs than a FI NSX.

2 wins there.

Jump in the C6 Z06 that starts at 505HP and it's game over for a supercharged NSX.

This is where the laws of HP economics favors the Z06........

A small turbo like a GT30 (same that's used in the Spoon NSX-R GT) spools very early and does generate torque numbers comparable to a big displacement V8 at low RPM. The downside is that it gets choked at high RPM and can't make the power numbers of a larger turbo.

But for a 400whp target, quick response, and a lot of torque down low, it is quite fun and does feel like a V8.

A small turbo like a GT30 (same that's used in the Spoon NSX-R GT) spools very early and does generate torque numbers comparable to a big displacement V8 at low RPM. The downside is that it gets choked at high RPM and can't make the power numbers of a larger turbo.

But for a 400whp target, quick response, and a lot of torque down low, it is quite fun and does feel like a V8.

What RPMs do the turbos kick in at? Is it full boost?

Traffic light racing do u still have to bring up the RPMs to launch or can everything be accomplished from a rolling start?

When I had the FD I loved how it kicked in at 2k and the second turbo at 4.5K.

That is why there is really no replacement for displacement. Especially a Supercharged LSx. Like having alot of $$$$, I enjoy the luxury of not spending all the power from the get go.........

Back