• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Valets video tape joy riding an NSX? Is this your car?

scorp965 said:
While they drove it slowly they were driving in a manner their job didn't require, they switched drivers half way, they recorded video inside someone's car without permission, dumped the clutch and stalled the car, and revved the piss out of it twice, for the sake of their video camera. I would be interested in knowing why they're allowed to have a video camera while working - doesn't this raise a red flag for the manager, if they're parking high end cars with a video camera rolling?

It doesn't look like they caused any damage, this time, but the comment of "this steering is heavy" with 1 hand on the wheel, whipping around a corner, could have easily resulted in a heavily damaged nsx - their job is to park the car, not to 'experience' the car, I would be pissed as well, if I found my car in such a video clip.

oh brother. I guess some people have different ideas of what's irresponsible and what isn't. all i saw were two valets who drove a car slowly (whipping around corners? haha) through a parking lot, switching out halfway and videotaping because it is a nice car. videotaping without permission? that interior looks identical to every other nsx with a nav screen. one handed driving? you mean to say you keep BOTH hands on the wheel AT ALL TIMES while driving under 10-15 miles per hour?
So he stalled the car. wow. I stall my NSX at least 2-3 times a year.

the only thing that was done that was uneccesary (although the driver switch wasn't needed, BFD) was revving the engine.

EDIT:
upon review of the video, I was able to detect some mad tyte JDM style driftage so I guess i was wrong.

Last edited:
I've had my 95 Red/Tan for a little over 3 weeks and I already have a nasty group of scrapes along the body panel under the driver's side door I can't recall running over anything on the road. Otherwise I would have noticed the damage. However, I've had valets park my car on two occasions in the last two days. After reading this post, I'm beginning to believe that the damage was done by the last valet at Santa Anita race track. I’m going to think twice about turning my car over to a valet in the future!

In my Supra I used to have a Greddy boost gauge with a peak hold function you could reset. I had to leave the car at a body shop, I told them not to drive it hard and I reset the meter. I get back the next day, check the meter and sure enough there was a peak of 11PSI boost on the thing.

So I knew someone had driven it hard enough to bring up that kind of boost. I then told the owner about it and he admitted that someone drove the car.

When you hand over the keys of a nice car to someone, especially a fast car, they will be tempted to test it out. Be very careful and I would not Valet my NSX simply because its a stick.

never let anyone valet your car, sometimes you dont have a choice, but you have to keep extra tabs on it.

but why would you need to valet a car in a parking garage? shouldn't you be valeting the car in the dealership?

i had a problem a while back at the acura dealership, raised hell, and they compensated me with stuff.

TURBO2GO said:
In my Supra I used to have a Greddy boost gauge with a peak hold function you could reset. I had to leave the car at a body shop, I told them not to drive it hard and I reset the meter. I get back the next day, check the meter and sure enough there was a peak of 11PSI boost on the thing.

So I knew someone had driven it hard enough to bring up that kind of boost. I then told the owner about it and he admitted that someone drove the car.

When you hand over the keys of a nice car to someone, especially a fast car, they will be tempted to test it out. Be very careful and I would not Valet my NSX simply because its a stick.

On my RX7 I could set my stand alone to set the peak boost and RPM so that it can't be driven above specific setting.

jimmycinla said:
I bet its BS.
Probably his car or Dads, they did nothing.
They purposely zoom in on the plate for no reason, probably trying to fire us up ! :biggrin:

-j-

The same youtube poster also posted several other videos of valets driving nice cars fast in a parking garage. I believe the NSX was the only one with two guys, the other videos all seemed to be the same guy. He was nice enough to film his face at the same time. I imagine it's just a matter of time before karma catches up with him...

Other cars featured by that poster were a Lexus 430, RX-8, Audi...

Deals Gap said:
On my RX7 I could set my stand alone to set the peak boost and RPM so that it can't be driven above specific setting.

LOL! On my MSP i have a Mircotech Standalone, and i set the max rpm at 2.5k and no boost everytime i give it back to them... Some dumb mechanic came out and told me how fast my car was when i went to pick it up... I about punched him...

da3dalus said:
i would be calling johnny cochran and suing them into the dirt... even if it cost me every dime i had...

Well that certainly would be impressive. So what's the going rate these days for resurrecting an attorney from the dead? :biggrin: :tongue:

You may want to check this out before trying to call him on your cell phone: http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/03/29/cochran.obit/

P.S. If that were my NSX in that video those valets would soon be joining Cochran in the hereafter...

da3dalus said:
LOL! On my MSP i have a Mircotech Standalone, and i set the max rpm at 2.5k and no boost everytime i give it back to them... Some dumb mechanic came out and told me how fast my car was when i went to pick it up... I about punched him...

From his sig, Mazda-"speed" protege

Owner was found HERE. I cross posted into the Midwest forum, and the owner of the car in the vid was identified.

I am sure he is glad the community was looking out for him.

Philip

its sad, that the owner does not appreciate nor value their car to park it him/her self as most logical people in our world today, know how valets treat people's cars. sheesh, just reminds of the movie Ferris Bueller's day off ..:D

To those would thought some of us were over reacting about the guy joyriding... think about what was done OFF camera possibly. Or even better, go to his profile and take a peek at his other videos, particularly the RX-8....

tumbler said:
its sad, that the owner does not appreciate nor value their car to park it him/her self

Wow, that's one hell of an assumption. And i think you are a bit misguided.

This isn't a case of owner neglect, it is a case of customer service disrespect!

There are plenty of nice places where you have to valet your car. There just isn't a choice in the matter. If you want to park in their "secure" facilities you have to surrender your keys. I think if you surveyed the community, you would find this has been the case for many people. Like it or not if you want to take the NSX out on the town, you might have to leave it in the care of an attendent.

No matter what you have seen in some movie, the bottom line relating to Valet parking is that you are entrusting your auto to a professional service, and their duty is to care for your property while it is under their supervision.

In this case, there is a gross breach of that trust. That doesn't mean the customer (nsx owner) is at fault, it means the service provider is remiss and requires a reminder of their promise of service.

Is it rational to believe that because of what we saw in some movie, or even in this incident that there are no honorable valet services? NO it isn't, just like it isn't rational to deny your dealer service dept driving privledges because a mechanic wrecked THIS car.

Personally, I would be PISSED THE HELL OFF if I saw MY car on a video being treated like a thrill ride (even as mildly as they did in this case). I hope the owner (whom we identified HERE ) raises some serious kane over this incident. Not just because of what we saw, but with something like this you have to consider- What happened off camera?

Philip

tumbler said:
its sad, that the owner does not appreciate nor value their car to park it him/her self as most logical people in our world today, know how valets treat people's cars. sheesh, just reminds of the movie Ferris Bueller's day off ..:D

O god, I remember that haha. Isn't that the movie with the whole "reversing to take the mileage back off" trick :D. Good thing that doesn't work in real life, haha.

KooLaid said:
To those would thought some of us were over reacting about the guy joyriding... think about what was done OFF camera possibly. Or even better, go to his profile and take a peek at his other videos, particularly the RX-8....
That's just it, really. Most valet drivers are never filmed. Once you hand over the keys, you have NO idea what's been done to your car.

I always assume the worst, so I don't valet, period.

Well, since the owner of the NSX was already identified, I would guess it isn't just a joke. I would be thoroughly pissed if that were my car, even if I were having a 1986 toyota camry valet'd (yea right, haha). It's not so much that they did anything bad to the car, but that they had the audacity to do it in the first place, and much less film it!

"rx8 bithces"

slap the taste out of his mouth.:mad:

watching this guy gets my blood boiling.... cant believe the disrespect this piece of shit shows for other people's properity. Guy should stick to trimming lawns. Good news is that this is probably the closes this piece of shit is going to get to ownership of any of these cars.... but regardless.... you guys located down where he is should step up and beat the taste out of his mouth.

as for the posibility of a staged event.... fat chance. This guy is a pos valet beating up other people's pride and joy. Look in his profile. Guy is wasting a rX8 and someone else's lexus 430. bitch acts like the car is his..... fk

if i was santa, i would give these 2 each a brick in the face

Last edited:
Back