• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vertical Doors

Jin1976 said:
Still look difficult to get out compare to normal.

LoL. Yea, if that's not hard enough (especially if you're wearing a dress) !!

p.s. Jin: your car looks awesome!

it can look good, just dont go cheep or you will really regret it.

Thanks. Not wide body now but still awesome in my heart. BTW I'm the only one who have the 02 lamps here in Brunei. That makes me unique. :smile:
MiamiMermaid said:
LoL. Yea, if that's not hard enough (especially if you're wearing a dress) !!

p.s. Jin: your car looks awesome!

Just got my scissor doors done at JT Autostyle in LA area--

I think they are as good as can possibly be done. And for the price, you can't beat it (~$1,600)

JT has constructed a kit specifically for the NSX, which means that the initial door movement and seal/closing is virtually stock. Tony the owner in fact has an NSX with the kit.

The kit is lifetime warranty from JT and the gas shocks are easily replacable if needed (every 2-3 years). JT will send you as many shocks as needed for free. The kit is also fully removable and able to be put back to stock.

I think the look works on the NSX. I've gotten nothing but VERY positive responses from everyone who's seen it, and I can tell you that I know an insincere compliment when I hear one. It's a hit! (My car is COMPLETELY stock otherwise)

It's not the most practical thing in the world, but that's not why you get them. It does make it a bit more difficult to get in and out, but not much. It looks pretty natural in fact.

I highly recommend JT Autostyle in Rosemead. They also did a very good job repairing many other areas of the body and painting the car. I'm very happy with them all around, and their prices are very reasonable:

http://jtautostyle.com/

NSXGMS said:
Just got my scissor doors done at JT Autostyle in LA area--

I think they are as good as can possibly be done. And for the price, you can't beat it (~$1,600)

JT has constructed a kit specifically for the NSX, which means that the initial door movement and seal/closing is virtually stock. Tony the owner in fact has an NSX with the kit.

The kit is lifetime warranty from JT and the gas shocks are easily replacable if needed (every 2-3 years). JT will send you as many shocks as needed for free. The kit is also fully removable and able to be put back to stock.

I think the look works on the NSX. I've gotten nothing but VERY positive responses from everyone who's seen it, and I can tell you that I know an insincere compliment when I hear one. It's a hit! (My car is COMPLETELY stock otherwise)

It's not the most practical thing in the world, but that's not why you get them. It does make it a bit more difficult to get in and out, but not much. It looks pretty natural in fact.

I highly recommend JT Autostyle in Rosemead. They also did a very good job repairing many other areas of the body and painting the car. I'm very happy with them all around, and their prices are very reasonable:

http://jtautostyle.com/

Hey there. When you get a chance, can you post some photos ? Thansx!!

Koenigsegg doors >>> Lambo doors

design_doors1.jpg
design_doors2.jpg
design_doors3.jpg
design_doors4.jpg

trust me im not a big fan of modifying body stuff but the ones i saw were really nice...

euro and jdm all the way very clean show cars and i just cant find the site....
the link to the pics here on nsxprime were the closest (orange one in particular)
thanks for helping and keep em coming.

i want to do the Labo doors but its to much money. Ill do it if its under 500 bucks.

You wouldn't want $500 Lambo doors. You'd pay $500 to get them off once you had them.

I've heard of people paying twice as much as I've paid ($1500) and being REALLY unhappy with the product.

You won't find a better kit for any price, and I think based on some of the #'s I've seen thrown around, $1500 is outstanding.

I'll post pics soon...

NSXGMS said:
You wouldn't want $500 Lambo doors. You'd pay $500 to get them off once you had them.

I've heard of people paying twice as much as I've paid ($1500) and being REALLY unhappy with the product.

You won't find a better kit for any price, and I think based on some of the #'s I've seen thrown around, $1500 is outstanding.

I'll post pics soon...

they are just overprized. 1500 just for parts that cost 100 bucks to make. thats insane.

I purchased deedubb's old VDK from him a few months ago... Just purchased new struts for it.. So I plan on installing them this weekend.. I'll take some pics and do a write up if you would like..

Kevin

Re: yee hawww...

Osiris_x11 said:
Mebbe this can give the gas-struts in the pseudo-Lambo doors less usage and longer life... :biggrin:

Osiris!! I LOVE@!!! your new avatar!! My mom and pops live in the Keys , and they have 12 squirrels they have added to our family. They feed them twice a day. Spoiled lil' onez... hehe Very cute !!

Have a Wonderful Night
*Mermi*

I like the the vertical door so I can get out in my garage easier and also a cool-ness factor

I dislike the price... if it get to be $500 for a quality kit then it is worth it.

But remember the safety factor.. if oddly your car become upside down, you will not be about to get out. I just keep remembering that because the delorean had raised that issue.

fkong777 said:
IBut remember the safety factor.. if oddly your car become upside down, you will not be about to get out. I just keep remembering that because the delorean had raised that issue.

That is an *excellent* point...

please don't do that to the nsx. Its tasteless. Sure the nsx looks somewhat exotic...but if the regular ferraris and carrera GT don't do it, the nsx shouldn't do it either. The nsx proportions just don't fit the vertical door motion.

The NSX has a larger green house and side windows compared to the lambo. It looks strange...there's a reason the gallardo doesn't do it either. The gallardo is alot more conservative than the murci (size and styling and level) hence it doesn't deserve the decadent scissor doors. This is what 4 years of car design will teach you :D

fkong777 said:
But remember the safety factor.. if oddly your car become upside down, you will not be about to get out. I just keep remembering that because the delorean had raised that issue.

...I hate when that happens! :tongue:

You are correct though. I do have the doors, and that is a consideration.

With the Delorean, you can't even kick out the window. It's very dangerous, especially when time-travelling!! :tongue: :tongue:

Anyways, I'm quite happy with the doors so far...I too have the JT Autostyle kit. I open the doors frequently, and no evidence of shock wear yet after 2 mos. JT send free shocks when needed, and if you're in the LA area, will change them out for free.

It isn't the most practical thing in the world, and getting in/out is MORE difficult. FYI. But if you're gonna get 'em, I think they couldn't be done any better. And I get absolute RAVE reviews everywhere!! :biggrin:

Spinner said:
please don't do that to the nsx. Its tasteless. Sure the nsx looks somewhat exotic...but if the regular ferraris and carrera GT don't do it, the nsx shouldn't do it either. The nsx proportions just don't fit the vertical door motion.

The NSX has a larger green house and side windows compared to the lambo. It looks strange...there's a reason the gallardo doesn't do it either. The gallardo is alot more conservative than the murci (size and styling and level) hence it doesn't deserve the decadent scissor doors. This is what 4 years of car design will teach you :D

I've got to be completely honest with you. I have not had ONE person out of 50, car folks and non-car folks alike, display anything but positivity towards the look. Particularly car folks. All my car buddies LOVE it. And all of them coment on how well the look blends, as if the doors were OEM.

I do understand there is a science to car design. It may not be mathematically correct. But I think a body kit is much more blasphemous than scissor doors.

My buddies don't pull punches. They're brutally honest. They would have pulled me aside and told me long ago if the look wasn't smooth.

The look doesn't work on a Civic. It does work on the NSX.

Spinner said:
The gallardo is alot more conservative than the murci (size and styling and level) hence it doesn't deserve the decadent scissor doors.
Thus the reason the vertical lift doors were on the Countach in the first place - SIZE of car. The NSX isn't anywhere as wide as the Countach, Diablo, or Murcielago, so why use them? The Gallarado is smaller and as such doesn't have them. Take into the fact that the door shape doesn't suit it either and it all seems like a no brainer to me. :cool:

Last time I was in St. Louis, I went for a ride in my friend's Murcielago and he had to "teatch" me how to get in and out of the car.... hand here, leg there, butt here, then hand here and then slide here, and then swing your other leg here.... it was a MAJOR pain. And then another process to get out of the damn car.... but what a g_d damn insanely fast car. If Darth Vader drove a car, this would be it. :biggrin:

NSXGMS said:
I've got to be completely honest with you. I have not had ONE person out of 50, car folks and non-car folks alike, display anything but positivity towards the look. Particularly car folks. All my car buddies LOVE it. And all of them coment on how well the look blends, as if the doors were OEM.

I do understand there is a science to car design. It may not be mathematically correct. But I think a body kit is much more blasphemous than scissor doors.

My buddies don't pull punches. They're brutally honest. They would have pulled me aside and told me long ago if the look wasn't smooth.

The look doesn't work on a Civic. It does work on the NSX.

Your right about the bodykits being blasphemous :biggrin: ...I still feel along with all my car buddies (who are all also car designers...2 of them work for Pininfarina) the scissor doors just don't look right on an NSX. The proportions are just off. One thing that first comes to mind are the vertical lines. The NSX's door (front hinged section) is vertical. This implies that the door swings out regularly...whereas if you take a look at lambo or cars that have the scissor doors, theyre lines are angled or even curved (ala diablo, murci).

The other factor is door size. The lambo's doors are much lower, longer and thinner (more rectangular as opposed to squarish...ours). If they opened regularly, you'll have the camaro effect (which to this date has been a favorite joke amongst car designers) because they are so long.

But, hey, each to his own :cool: . One things for sure though...if any japanese car can wear these doors, it'd be the NSX..not the rsx, 350z, rx-7 or anything else. :redface:

Bigglezworth said:
Thus the reason the vertical lift doors were on the Countach in the first place - SIZE of car. The NSX isn't anywhere as wide as the Countach, Diablo, or Murcielago, so why use them? The Gallarado is smaller and as such doesn't have them. Take into the fact that the door shape doesn't suit it either and it all seems like a no brainer to me. :cool:

Damn. He beat me to it. lol, you think just like a car designer. :cool: :biggrin:

haha all that being aside =)
i dont think should chastise others for what they do to their car =)
you can say its fooknugly and what not =) but dont say they shouldn't do something :biggrin:

to each his own eh?
we should make a special picture gallery section for Stock Car pictures.....
it'd be like... oh sweet check out my sweet oem bumper... its soooo hot,
and we'd get responses like omg... totally awesome oem spoiler.. rock on dude...
surely i jest but you get the idea :biggrin:

Back