• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vick at Discount Tire in El Monte, CA

I know Vick sells a lot of wheels so he'll have some satisfied customers. He operates out of Importhookup.com and wheeloptions.com. If you had a bad experience with him, please post it or PM me. Yes, there have been a lot of customers that have been screwed over as well. Let's avoid repetition of history by telling your story.

I'll follow up with a story later, just need to gather some info for now. I may be able to straighten things out for you even after all these years. Thanks!

Sorry to hear that, good luck with your situation. Vic usually has hard to find wheels in hard to find finishes and offsets. My first purchase was a set of Yokohama Kreuzer 5's in gunmetal 19x10 and 18x8. He had them in stock and in the right offset.

Yes, he does have a good selection of tires as well. But when his own supplier encourages you to take legal action against him for shady business practices and informs you of a history of problems, you know something isn't right. Selling someone a used product as new without informing them isn't cool. Taking my money and not giving it back isn't either. He still doesn't know the fitment on our cars. He's pretty infamous if you do searches for him on the web so buyer beware.

I've had no fitment problems with wheels purchased from Vic, I do believe he knows the proper offsets for the nsx, even the early cars with the flashing on the rear brake calipers. Again sorry to hear of your dilemma and hopefully you can get it resolved. I'm interested to hear Vics side of the story also.

KANE said:
I've had no fitment problems with wheels purchased from Vic, I do believe he knows the proper offsets for the nsx, even the early cars with the flashing on the rear brake calipers. Again sorry to hear of your dilemma and hopefully you can get it resolved. I'm interested to hear Vics side of the story also.

I'll just say what I can say now is that he does not know the brake clearance for our cars period although he tells you that he does and he tells you of the countless NSXs he's done. Then he will toss non-hub centric spacers on your car without telling you and then the wheel gets damaged because of the spacer and he tries to blame the manufacturer when he himself ordered the wheel in said spec. Manufacturer feels bad for customer and sends Vick/Vic some money to refund to the customer and Vick decides to only offer 2/3rd of it to customer and never sends customer the money after months of prodding him and even having to show up in the store.

Not to mention he's such a bad liar that I had to tape our conversations just for my record. Catching him backtracking his words, changing his stories, just flat out lying is common place. Thinking I would never get the money back from him I decided to order Bilsteins from him to try to see if I could get some of the credit back from him. 6 months pass, everytime I check in they are backordered. Meanwhile my friends are buying them up elsewhere and getting them in a day. He's just trying to avoid giving me any kind of a refund. He tried to tell me that my wheel was a different color than what it said on the box. When I did the research and proved it was the wrong color, he tells me I ordered it in the wrong color.

I've been PM'd similar stories so far and know of some different ones too. I recently decided to bypass the middle man and speak to the manufacturer directly and they know of incident very well. It was an enlightening perspective to say the least. I wish I had did a search on him before I did business with him.

I ordered a set of 16' Volk TE37's once from Vick, transaction went smoothly.

Second time I tried to order a set of wheels from him, it was a set of wheels that were labeled as Volk Formula Mesh wheels. They were very inexpensive, and looked great on their website ! I ordered them, but then after doing some further research, the people at Mackin told me that those wheels were not actually Volks, but some knockoff. I called Vick again, and he told me in one sentence they were Volks, and then in another sentence that they were VolkNERS !!!!! He was giving me conflicting stories, and I surely didnt want any knockoff Volk wheels, or anything that was that close sounding to Volks as it would look like a knockoff. I then canceled my order with him for the Volkners ! He was a little short with me, but I didnt care, I didnt care for the misrepresented product.

for you to say that he flat out does not know the correct offset or center bore is incorrect. That may have been the case in your situation, but not in mine or others that I know who have ordered from him. Both sets ordered from him were offset perfectly and cleared the calipers

KANE said:
for you to say that he flat out does not know the correct offset or center bore is incorrect. That may have been the case in your situation, but not in mine or others that I know who have ordered from him. Both sets ordered from him were offset perfectly and cleared the calipers

I'm starting to think you work for him or something. Maybe you'd like to join me when I visit him this week to see what he's really like. Watch him lie like crazy. I'm sure all of your opinions of him would change when you see him turn into Dr. Jekyll.

As for him knowing the right offsets, here are just two examples I pulled from doing a really quick search on Prime.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=430989&postcount=27
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4957

Here's more BS from the little angel.
Read this one first:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/archive/index.php/t-56852.html

http://forums.clubrsx.com/archive/index.php/t-58276.html
http://importhookup.com/forum/printthread.php?threadid=21&perpage=28
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20414
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20440

Last edited:
I don't work for him, just sharing my experience as you requested. I think what it comes down to is knowing what will work on the nsx in the first place. When I call Vic I ask what offsets and widths he has in stock and then purchase the ones that will fit the nsx. He ships me exactly what I order in the offset requested. I think we should just agree to disagree:)

No problem, I can understand your support for him if you had a good transaction. He was pretty pleasant until we had a problem and if everything went right, I would have been none the wiser.

If you really want to see what a jerk this guy is or are thinking about doing business with him, I HIGHLY encourage you to register search at http://forums.nasioc.com and do a search on "vic discount tire" or "vick discount tire." Holy cow, I thought I had it bad! It's shocking but not surprising after you get to know him.

i had a couple of dealings with him. Not all ends well.
Not on my NSX but on a BMW I used to have:
I bought 2 new tires, strut install alignment and front brake job
Cheap brake pads ruined my crossdrilled rotors in 6 months. I doubt they ever aligned my car from the strut install as promised because My tires worn out so unevenly in a short time.

On a funny note. I bought some replica 19" BMW wheels on ebay to have tires mounted at Vic's place. He kept asking me how much the wheels were so I told him I got it on ebay for $125 each.. He was so pissed. Kept telling me that they are replica or blems and that even the finished were flawed.. I just laughed and said." but they are only $125 what do you expect? " I got on his internet and showed them how wheels are inexpensive on ebay.. He was PISSED.... fun to get a reaction.

Last edited:
I've bought from Vic a few times in person...and yes...I've learned my lessons..
FIRST...yes...he does have a of rims and selection, and that was the only reason I bought from him...
- he does not know his offsets...my car rubbed (non-NSX) as soon as they put a new set of wheels on the car that I bought from them...I told him many times regarding the possibiliy of rubbing due to very limited tolerance in offset error..he assured me they would not rub, but they did rub
- he will persuade you to buy things in stock...try to get a set of tires that he doesn't have in stock...haha (and he gets pissed if you don't agree with him...haha...just go chat with him at the shop...)
- be ready to have your rims scratches during installs (2 of 3 sets of rims that I bought from him did) and they don't torque your rims..
- pisses me off thinking about it...but yes....he does have a lot of selection in rims and tires...but is it worth it??? we'll see where this thread takes us...have a great day guys
(sorry to be a noob and rant like this...but don't want u guys to go through what I went through...)

Back