• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Video: SS Camaro vs. NSX on Nitrous

I would never buy a Civic with the purpose of drag racing. I would buy one as a great, cheap starter car for track days. But I guess this is the good ole US of A where HP rules, Nascar enjoys popularity, and people buy Civics to drag race.

You should consider that 90% of driving is done from stoplight to stoplight and that to appreciate handling mods you must take the car to a track. Much of the country is without a local track, and even those within range of a track get maybe a dozen or so opportunities to drive it in an entire year.

You can enjoy a high HP engine every time you drive your car, but a great handling car can only be appreciated in very narrow circumstances.

Originally posted by multisync23:
You should consider that 90% of driving is done from stoplight to stoplight and that to appreciate handling mods you must take the car to a track. Much of the country is without a local track, and even those within range of a track get maybe a dozen or so opportunities to drive it in an entire year.

You can enjoy a high HP engine every time you drive your car, but a great handling car can only be appreciated in very narrow circumstances.

I don't know where you live, but around here our best streets have curves. There isn't a single time I drive my NSX that I don't enjoy the handling of the car. I usually take certain back roads that allow me to push the car a little through the corners, I also enjoy on and off ramps a lot. If you think that a high horsepower car is more fun than a great handling / well balanced car then the NSX definately isn't for you. I have a buddy that has a street legal Mustang that run's in the 9's, this car gets old after about 5 minutes of driving it though. I am quite sure he would trade you for your NSX though, I believe he is running close to 800 Hp, it sounds like the perfect car for you.

I owned this NSX: http://www.enkahoi.com/nsx.htm

And now own this Mustang: http://www.enkahoi.com

I can appreciate the better qualities of both. But on EVERY trip I make in the Mustang, I can have fun with the engine. There were occasional opportunites for me to enjoy the suspension in the NSX, but almost all of those required that I exceed the speed limit and risk running off the road.

Carguy, the kind of driving you do frequently results in an accident and broken bones. I accelerate up to, but not beyond, the speed limit in my Mustang. It's all legal and it's all in fun.

Save yourself some time and pain, and enjoy your NSX on a track.

Much of the country is without a local track, and even those within range of a track get maybe a dozen or so opportunities to drive it in an entire year.

confused.gif
Most folks live within a few hours of a decent racetrack; for a list of road courses in North America, click here. And most of these tracks have numerous groups holding events there throughout the spring, summer, and fall.

Am I the only one missing the fact that the NSX seems to have beat the SS before the braking .

Thats what I saw the NSX was "reeling him in" as they say.
I have never been beaten by either one of those cars mentioned in AZ.
The driver does have "a lot" to do w/ it.Not to toot my own but I can hold my own(and I'm not speaking of alchohol...)

------------------

hey Rob, why did you choose a Mustang?
I used to own a Cobra, and at 320hp..believe me..it still wasn't fun. Bolting on another 100hp wouldn't make it any better.
I was bored of it in 6 months...

Why did you sell the NSX? Did you not like it?

I owned this NSX: http://www.enkahoi.com/nsx.htm

And now own this Mustang: http://www.enkahoi.com

I can appreciate the better qualities of both. But on EVERY trip I make in the Mustang, I can have fun with the engine. There were occasional opportunites for me to enjoy the suspension in the NSX, but almost all of those required that I exceed the speed limit and risk running off the road.

Carguy, the kind of driving you do frequently results in an accident and broken bones. I accelerate up to, but not beyond, the speed limit in my Mustang. It's all legal and it's all in fun.

Save yourself some time and pain, and enjoy your NSX on a track.

Multisync23,
Don't judge others because of how you drive, or have driven. Your comment about accelarating upto the speed limit but not past it doesn't hold water with anyone who reads your web site. There are numerous occasions where you state racing people in excess of 100mph! Where do you live with that kind of speed limit? I track my cars quite often and have never had an accident on or off the track in almost 20 years of driving.

You also state that racing your car upto the speed limit isn't braking any laws, well I hate to tell you this but you can still get a ticket for drag racing, sudden accelaration, too fast for the conditions & reckless driving. My friend received all of these tickets during a single race which was shut-down before braking the speed limit.

I wish you luck with your Mustang, from reading about the guy you bought it from it sounds like you are going to need it.

Was driving this weekend with a SS Camero...we were both doing around 70-80 MPH (meters per hour
tongue.gif
) and would run up to 130 or so (giver or take 10) First time i was in 4th and he pulled on me a little bit (about half a car)...the next few times i down shifted to 3rd and pulled about at least a car on him. After the first run he wanted to go again, then next run he seemed surprised that he was losing this time, so wanted to try again and same results, he didn't try after that.

It was fun to surprise people. My car is stock besides an intake/exhaust.

------------------
92 Red/Blk

I have owned both. I really enjoyed the Mustang and the torque, but the NSX pulls very hard for me, and I do not miss the lack of road feel. I do not need to be driving faster than 25mph to enjoy the communication between driver, car and road in the NSX. The fact that every corner is much flatter in the NSX than the Mustang, and with the Tubi, I even get the throaty sound, plus an 8000 rpm redline
biggrin.gif
, I could not see how every time the key is turned is not a "fun" time. IMHO.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

Back