• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Video: SS Camaro vs. NSX on Nitrous

I would really doubt a STOCK SS could beat an NSX on nitrous. What mod's were done on the SS? If none, then the NSX driver does not have a clue how to drive that car.

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

That's a TA in the video. NBM is a factory designation, I think. In any event, it would be a shocker to see a TA that didn't have exhaust, headers and airbox, so I'd assume those mods. A TA with that and a good driver should be good for mid-12's all day.

That may have been a 3.0L NSX, in which case the N2O wouldn't be enough, imho.

I have been thinking about adding a 70 shot of NOS, but if a '92 with comptech headers, Taitec by-pass pipes, Taitec GT exhaust, cold air intake, PLUS a 70 shot of NOS doesnt just flat smoke that TA then I will save my time and cash. I will be content with cruising the Fort Laud strip knowing people are taking pictures of it and wishing they were at the controls....I love tourist season!!!

------------------
'92 Black/Black #977

[This message has been edited by nsx_in_lighthouse_pt (edited 11 March 2002).]

That may have been a 3.0L NSX, in which case the N2O wouldn't be enough, imho.

That's interesting, because the NSX in the video has a yellow body and a black cockpit. I thought only 1 NSX with that paint combination was imported to the US. I suppose he could have had his car repainted, but most owners repaint their car mono-color to "update" its looks to '97+.

There is a yellow one down here in Phoenix with a black top (used to be all black) MYNSX, where are you?

------------------
1992 NSX Red-Black 5-Speed

The hint of a black top (I can't fully tell) is what is making me think it's a 3.0L. Checking the production numbers, I didn't even see any yellow prior to 97. Is the FAQ missing some info? I had figured the car may have been a repaint to yellow and the owner kept the black top.

Wow, the guys at clubsi.com are just having a field day with this one. More and more NSX bashing. I really can't stand those people. They have no understanding of quality. All they care about is 1/4 mile times. So what if your car falls apart after a year.. its fast!
rolleyes.gif

I swear the average IQ on that board is under 50. It makes me ashamed to even own an Si.

If only I could afford the NSX...
frown.gif

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Originally posted by spookyp:
The hint of a black top (I can't fully tell) is what is making me think it's a 3.0L. Checking the production numbers, I didn't even see any yellow prior to 97. Is the FAQ missing some info? I had figured the car may have been a repaint to yellow and the owner kept the black top.

They did not make Spa yellow or any other yellow previous to 97 for the U.S. market. There was only one Yellow coupe with a black roof and that was a 98 and is owned by 'dswartz' in NY. If it has a black roof and it's not dswartz, then it's a repaint.

I went to the LS1 discussion board and it seems that many people are doing 11's with only NA mods on their camaros and transam's. That's pretty impressive for na.

Originally posted by NetViper:
Wow, the guys at clubsi.com are just having a field day with this one. More and more NSX bashing. I really can't stand

What's up with these guys????? Talk about a bunch of traitorous losers! It's just pathetic and bitter jealousy that would cause Honda owners to hate the NSX. Those guys shouldn't even pretend to be "import fans". Why don't they go buy Camaros instead of freakishly moding Civics?

To be perfectly honest, the Civic crowd is the embarassment of the import world. Literally every other "scene" (Supra, Z, 3kGT, DSM, domestic) unites in their hatred of them. They should really not be throwing stones.

As for NA LS1's... Heads/cam, headers, exhaust, air, programming, traction and gears = NA 11's easily. There are a lot of C5's and F-bodies in the 11's without FI. It's a strong engine...

Nsxotic... thanks for the info!

My car is a 92' and yes it has undergone a body off color change to spa pearl yellow w/ black top.And yes the spa pearl is a 97'+ available color only.
My car has a black top and looks nothing like that yellow one anymore.Many Many mods,the car will be featured in many magazines when done and will definatly win a show or two.....
When I'm done I'll post some pics' you might love it ,you might hate it but its "my bananna".

what????? i've had no problem with my nsx on nitrous beating trans-ams and ss camero even when they too have nitrous hmmm....... just don't understand that one.........

Originally posted by smoore:
what????? i've had no problem with my nsx on nitrous beating trans-ams and ss camero even when they too have nitrous hmmm....... just don't understand that one.........

Perhaps launch reaction times ........?

Am I the only one missing the fact that the NSX seems to have beat the SS before the braking .......? And if not, so what if the SS beats the NSX in the 1/4 mile, how about at 1/2 mile, or 3/4 mile or full mile, or even better on my backyard foothills with all the twisties ............ ?

Let's not get too emotional here. If the guy in the SS was happy beacuse he was faster in the video at some arbitrary point, the more power to him ...... there is plenty more road for all .......

Im going with BS on that one.I routinely beat down my friends 99 Z-28 by 6 cars or more and I have no nitrous.In fact,Ive raced about 5 T/A's or Z28's through the quarter and have never lost to one.In one case,I went from a highway roll with a silver T/A and I pulled on him when I had the jump,then he pulled on me when he had the jump.Were talking 3-4 feet.Not even a car.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 Supra TT BPU++

Originally posted by spookyp:
What's up with these guys????? It's just pathetic and bitter jealousy that would cause Honda owners to hate the NSX. Those guys shouldn't even pretend to be "import fans". Why don't they go buy Camaros instead of freakishly moding Civics?

I couldn't agree more. I have gotten street challenges from the Si crowd more than any other model. One would think that they would look up to the Honda flagship. Instead, they go around acting like they own the road.

I even had one wanting to race me for $50 at a stoplight. At other times these guys would pull up and rev their 4-bangers, even when they are going the opposite direction as me.

I can't stand them.

Come to think of it,I just beat down one of these civics the other day too.It had a 1.8 GSR swap with a 75 shot.It supposedly ran 12.90 but...... not on the street.I put about 6 cars on him.Gotta love the mid engine holeshot.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 Supra TT BPU++

Too bad the majority of the Civic crowd is so programmed toward drag racing that they miss out on the true potential of the car.
Unless you have a unibody drag Civic (which is not a real car, but a dragster), you will not compete in the 8s with the F-body/Mustang/Muscle crowd in the 1/4.

At it's small size and weight, the Civic can make an excellent track car and does. If they put even half the money into suspension/weight reduction/brakes instead of blowing a 4 banger to 600+HP, that car can compete against some of the best.
Their loss.

I would never buy a Civic with the purpose of drag racing. I would buy one as a great, cheap starter car for track days. But I guess this is the good ole US of A where HP rules, Nascar enjoys popularity, and people buy Civics to drag race.

Back