• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Visiting Japan

Hello fellow NSXers,

I have a 90% chance of visiting Japan after my trip to China this summer in May.

My plan is going to Japan on the 29th of May and staying for 1-2 weeks.
The two places I plan to visit are Tokyo, and Osaka, I would love to visit Yokohama, Hiroshima, Kyoto, etc.

This is my first time actually going into another continent, so I was wondering if anyone could lead me in the right direction as far as hotels, places to stay, visit, etc.

It would be great to meet up with you all who are currently staying in Japan, and see how they do it up in the land of the rising sun :)

thanks for your time,

Greg

If you stop by okayama, or find yourself in a fix, give us a bell. On the way to hiroshima via the JR line.

i will defintely give you all a ring if i go out that way.

i have not yet planned out which places i want to go as for i plan to stay about 1.5 weeks

anyone have any advice for a first timer in Japan?

Japan is a pretty english friendly country. Most people have no problem getting around. The further out of the big cities you go however.....:smile:

Please visit Honda Collection Hall in Twin Ring Motegi above Tokyo (around 2 hours by trains & bus). There is a mint Championship NA1-R waiting for your view. Sorry no test drive there. :wink:

If you are plan to take public train (JR = Japan Railway), you may consider get a unlimited ride JR pass from US's Japanese travel agency. It will save huge tain fares.

May I help you?

Hirofumi

Hello Hirofumi san,

This is actually my first time traveling alone over seas.
By the way may I ask where in Japan are you exactly located?

I'll be arriving at the Narita Airport in Tokyo on June 1st

I was wondering if there are Honda museums, or anything NSX related that I could look at. Maybe a tour at a factory or maybe a ride in a NA1 Type R :)

thank you,

Greg

Please visit Honda Collection Hall in Twin Ring Motegi above Tokyo (around 2 hours by trains & bus). There is a mint Championship NA1-R waiting for your view. Sorry no test drive there. :wink:

If you are plan to take public train (JR = Japan Railway), you may consider get a unlimited ride JR pass from US's Japanese travel agency. It will save huge tain fares.

Yes I would love to visit there,
you think I can bring that NA1-R with me on the plane? ;)
just kidding

Hello out there,

In fact Me and my wife will be flying tomorrow to Tokyo and staying in Tokyo for 1 whole week in my niece place (close to Ueno)...my second time around...I'd like to visit where i saw one time a thread showing NSX-R stores..can someone direct me where that place could be???Thanks so much guys...:smile: will be logged in all the time when i'm in Tokyo...

Art

Hello Hirofumi san,

This is actually my first time traveling alone over seas.
By the way may I ask where in Japan are you exactly located?

I'll be arriving at the Narita Airport in Tokyo on June 1st

I was wondering if there are Honda museums, or anything NSX related that I could look at. Maybe a tour at a factory or maybe a ride in a NA1 Type R :)

thank you,

Greg

dude i will be arriving to the same airport the same day.... lol on June 1st! i dont know the time yet but i hope we'll run into each other. I'll probably be around the Military Liaison Counter or the USO thats on the second floor of terminal 1 at Narita. look for the lost looking asian guy lol

Just say to the girls:

Manko Namei-tai

U'll be popular

lol, and get smacked right on the face

dude i will be arriving to the same airport the same day.... lol on June 1st! i dont know the time yet but i hope we'll run into each other. I'll probably be around the Military Liaison Counter or the USO thats on the second floor of terminal 1 at Narita. look for the lost looking asian guy lol

Lol wow what a coincidence.
What are your plans once you arrive?
Up for some traditional ramen?!
Yes it will be my first time having "real" Japanese ramen, besides the fact I've only had it made by some real Japanese in Vancouver, Canada
Where will you be staying BTW?

I was born in Kyoto and now I live in Yokohama.

Greg,
I recommend to visit Honda Collection Hall in Twin Ring Motegi.
You can SEE NSX Type-R(NA1) and some racing NSXs.
I welcome your coming to Japan.

Hirofumi

I am really looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the NSX community. Maybe me and NonstopReaper can hit up the Twin Ring Motegi.

By the way Hirofumi san, are you affiliated with or know personally team Top End Japan?
http://www.gem.hi-ho.ne.jp/aceone/

lol, and get smacked right on the face

Lol wow what a coincidence.
What are your plans once you arrive?
Up for some traditional ramen?!
Yes it will be my first time having "real" Japanese ramen, besides the fact I've only had it made by some real Japanese in Vancouver, Canada
Where will you be staying BTW?

I am really looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the NSX community. Maybe me and NonstopReaper can hit up the Twin Ring Motegi.

i'll probably be on the Base at Atsugi which is in the Kanagawa prefrecture. I'm down for whatever (depending on my schedual). My car is suppose to arrive before i do so i might be trying to pic her up to at the ports.

NO, we have no contact with Top End or members of this team.
Our club has another concept, different from Top End's, sorry.

Hirofumi

Hirofumi san, I respect the fact that NSX club of Japan has different concept of doing things.
I am looking forward to meet the NSX community of Japan,
does members of the NSX club of Japan meet up on a weekly or monthly basis?

thanks,
Greg

Naw, they either giggle or pretend they never heard me.... ;)

This is a male-dominated culture.

Now Chinese gals might react a little different.

i know manko means= down under (not Austrailia) :)
what does namei-tai mean? lol

i'll probably be on the Base at Atsugi which is in the Kanagawa prefrecture. I'm down for whatever (depending on my schedual). My car is suppose to arrive before i do so i might be trying to pic her up to at the ports.

thats great, I would also love to bring my car with me. but only if I didn't come back to the states :)
I believe this is also your first time to Japan?

not in Japan but in that area. I visited this small country town called "sasebo" lol i think it took me like 30 mins to walk around the whole town. But yeah i'll be exploring for my very first time to.

Hello fellow NSXers,

I have a 90% chance of visiting Japan after my trip to China this summer in May.

My plan is going to Japan on the 29th of May and staying for 1-2 weeks.
The two places I plan to visit are Tokyo, and Osaka, I would love to visit Yokohama, Hiroshima, Kyoto, etc.

This is my first time actually going into another continent, so I was wondering if anyone could lead me in the right direction as far as hotels, places to stay, visit, etc.

It would be great to meet up with you all who are currently staying in Japan, and see how they do it up in the land of the rising sun :)

thanks for your time,

Greg

Welcome to Japan as well...

My wife and I recently relocated to Tokyo from NYC...

Please check this thread for a few more tips I could offer...based on the limited experience I have so far. :smile:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103547

Have a safe and fun trip.

just an update

from june 1-7, i will be staying in Ikebkuro, Tokyo
june 8-14, I will be staying in Osaka, hopefully take a train to himeji and kyoto
june 15-7 back to Tokyo, and then U.S. :(

enjoy japan, if you have in a drink in roppongi, ITADAKIMATSU!!!

Back