• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

volks are light!

I finally did some work myself on my car instead of getting shops to do it and had to remove the CE28n's 17/18 man these wheels are light! :eek: I'm pretty sure the air+the tire is over half the weight. Anyways just an observation I know the budget wheels I had before weighed at least twice as much.

I just replaced my SSR GT3 with 19" x 10" with 275 wide tires on them with some Volk CE28N 18" x 10.5 with 305 tires on them. Even with way more rubber, the Volks were waaaaayyyyy lighter.

I just replaced my SSR GT3 with 19" x 10" with 275 wide tires on them with some Volk CE28N 18" x 10.5 with 305 tires on them. Even with way more rubber, the Volks were waaaaayyyyy lighter.
305 on an nsx? that's a lot of tire...and wheel too. Yeah I bet you noticed a bigger difference than me. The ssr's must have felt like boat anchors comparitively

305 on an nsx? that's a lot of tire...and wheel too. Yeah I bet you noticed a bigger difference than me. The ssr's must have felt like boat anchors comparitively

Haha, yeah boat anchors! Litterally! I had to slide the SSR's off the lug nuts. I know that's really bad, but they were sooooo heavy, I couldn't help it. The Volk's I just picked up and placed them on to the lug nuts. I would guestimate at least a 10 lbs difference.

Yeah the 305's are pretty wide. I didn't think that they were that much wider than the 275's but they steam rollers compared to them. Plus they are R compound track radials (Toyo RA1's) so I'm hoping for some crazy traction. They really don't fit well (I wouldn't recommend going that wide on stock fenders) but I'm going widebody here soon.

I remember dropping off my TE37's at my shop to have them mount my new tires. The chap picked up one of the wheels (the rear-18"), smiled and said, "this is HORSEPOWER, right here". :cool:

what offset is your CE28 with 18x10.5?
are you widebody?

what offset is your CE28 with 18x10.5?
are you widebody?

I'm not sure. I do know that they do not clear the stock '91 rear brake calipers without adding a 5 mm spacer. Also they really don't fit under the fender well line. Here are some pics from a local meet we just had this weekend. They are on stock fenders and you can see they stick out a bit (but didn't notice any rubbing). These suckers are WIDE. I'm not widebody yet, but will be in about 6 months.

crIMG_3370.jpg

crIMG_3424.jpg

Thanks to Nick (SilverNEEK) for the photos.

I'm not sure. I do know that they do not clear the stock '91 rear brake calipers without adding a 5 mm spacer. Also they really don't fit under the fender well line. Here are some pics from a local meet we just had this weekend. They are on stock fenders and you can see they stick out a bit (but didn't notice any rubbing). These suckers are WIDE. I'm not widebody yet, but will be in about 6 months.

crIMG_3370.jpg

crIMG_3424.jpg

Thanks to Nick (SilverNEEK) for the photos.

woah

What tire sizes do you run in the back? Those are a bit too big IMO... you could easily go down one series and maybe less width to reduce any rubbing issues. It looks like you have less than 1/4" of clearance between the rear fender and tire!

Yes, they are amazing light, I really miss these wheels. Definitely will consider picking up another set in 17/18.

The front weight 13.8lbs, the rear is 14.8lbs. 20lbs saving total over the stock 02 wheels.

woah

What tire sizes do you run in the back? Those are a bit too big IMO... you could easily go down one series and maybe less width to reduce any rubbing issues. It looks like you have less than 1/4" of clearance between the rear fender and tire!

They are Toyo RA-1 305/35/18. They are huge and like I said, they really don't fit and I wouldn't recommend them. They stick out a little from the rear fenders, but it's really not as bad as it looks (I think that's just a bad angle). However, I didn't notice any rubbing when I drove them, they look mean as hell and they stick like glue! And I now have traction in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears when the turbo kicks in, yay! As I mentioned earlier, these really aren't for the stock fenders, but I'm going widebody in a few months anyway.

Back