• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta

Is anyone using these tires and what do you think of them for street use? They have the factory 215/40-17 and 255/40-17 sizes I want and I thought they might be a good new alternative in the increasing limited selection we have for tires. I don't want the Dunlop's and I can't seem to click the 'place order' button on the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08 or Continental ContiSportContact 3 choices. My Goodyear GS D3's are gone on the rear.

No kidding, what's wrong with dunlops.

Is anyone using these tires and what do you think of them for street use? They have the factory 215/40-17 and 255/40-17 sizes I want and I thought they might be a good new alternative in the increasing limited selection we have for tires. I don't want the Dunlop's and I can't seem to click the 'place order' button on the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08 or Continental ContiSportContact 3 choices. My Goodyear GS D3's are gone on the rear.

Many people on the M3 forums use them and like them better than the Dunlop PS2s that originally came on the car. Lots of high praise on these tires...

based on my experience with Vredestein dirtbike tires I would assume they are a quality product- relatively unknown in the US hence the reluctance.

What's wrong with the Dunlops? :confused:

No kidding, what's wrong with dunlops.

Many people on the M3 forums use them and like them better than the Dunlop PS2s that originally came on the car. Lots of high praise on these tires...

Let me be clear, I'm talking about the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec (I'm assuming angus is as well).

Also, the OE tire for the E46 BMW M3 was a Michelin PS2.

I'm am very curious to hear people's experience with these Vredestein tires though. I've seen them on the Euro boards and thought their tread pattern looked pretty cool. I'm even more curious to hear how it directly stacks against the Dunlop Star Spec in price, performance and overall value. :smile:

I'm am very curious to hear people's experience with these Vredestein tires though. I've seen them on the Euro boards and thought their tread pattern looked pretty cool. I'm even more curious to hear how it directly stacks against the Dunlop Star Spec in price, performance and overall value. :smile:

I couldn't find a direct comparison to the Direzza Sport Z1s but here's a link to reviews by magazines, users, etc. Most people like them for track and performance but complain about ride quality.

I can't seem to click the 'place order' button on the Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08 or Continental ContiSportContact 3 choices.
I don't know why not, but if you have a problem ordering over the website, you can always do it over the telephone.

Vredestein are just OK.

They make OK cycle tires. Good ride quality but not the lightest or puncture resistant.

I prefer Continentals over Vredestein anyday.

the dirt-bike Vreds we used held up better than Dunlops and Bridgestones in a 2000 mile off-road race (Best-In-the-Desert Las Vegas to Reno).

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a bad experience with Dunlops in the past and won't buy them again. I thought I'd try the Vredesteins but there are no local dealers and after five calls to various places that Vredesteins lists on their website with no luck (or clue) I have ordered the Yokohamas from Tirerack.

I had a bad experience with Dunlops in the past and won't buy them again. I thought I'd try the Vredesteins but there are no local dealers and after five calls to various places that Vredesteins lists on their website with no luck (or clue) I have ordered the Yokohamas from Tirerack.

I know it's late now but they are available here: http://www.performanceplustire.com/

There is a horror story of the shop mounting and scratching up wheels for a local M3post member.

Back