• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wash NSX Nose Mask?

Can the vinyl OEM NSX Nose Mask be washed in a clothes washing machine? I made the mistake of trying vinyl cleaning spray on it, now its all splotchy with shiny patches, and whatever I do just seems to make it worse. d'Oh!

Can the vinyl OEM NSX Nose Mask be washed in a clothes washing machine? I made the mistake of trying vinyl cleaning spray on it, now its all splotchy with shiny patches, and whatever I do just seems to make it worse. d'Oh!

I wouldn't put it in the washing machine. I used car wash and a MF mitt on mine. What cleaner made it blotchy? Maybe after it is cleaned some 303 protectant will even out the patches. Good luck with it.

I wouldn't put it in the washing machine. I used car wash and a MF mitt on mine. What cleaner made it blotchy? Maybe after it is cleaned some 303 protectant will even out the patches. Good luck with it.
What he said, if you put it in the washing machine, you'll be looking to buy a new bra!!!

After time dust that can scratch your paint gets into the backside of the nose mask so I religiously wash it in a front loading washing machine and hang dry every few months. I've had no issues with this on my current and previous NSX. :confused:

Otto

So, two people say don't wash it in a clothes washing machine, one says its okay.

I'm rolling the dice now....:eek:

So, two people say don't wash it in a clothes washing machine, one says its okay.

I'm rolling the dice now....:eek:

I just hope that it's a front loader so that it doesn't have an agitator in the middle to tangle things up.

In all honesty I'm on my third nose mask since 1999 and I throw them out because the lower part eventually gets torn up from going in and out of driveways.

Otto

The washer is a top-loader with no agitator at all (new model).
If the agitator was the concern, not the impact of water and soap,
then I'm going for it!

4 years, 35,000 miles (turned it today) and I'm still on my original "bra", haven't washed it in a machine, maybe that's why you're on your 3rd one and I'm not?:eek:

4 years, 35,000 miles (turned it today) and I'm still on my original "bra", haven't washed it in a machine, maybe that's why you're on your 3rd one and I'm not?:eek:

I'm on my 3rd one due to scraping driveways as I stated in my earlier post.

Have you checked your front nose for scratches? :tongue: Any of the local NSXers know that I am totally anal about keeping my Berlina Black NSX scratch free. :smile: I never reuse microfiber towels on my NSX and they go down the food chain to the other vehicles. I prewash new cotton towels before use for washing my NSX. I'm on my 3rd California Duster this year alone! And finally I religiously started washing my nose mask after I found that dust, no matter what you do, eventually gets trapped in that nice white material causing fine scratches over time. On a Sebring Silver (my first NSX) it's difficult to see fine scratches, but with a Berlina it's another story.

Back