• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wax for "black" cars?

I'm going to have to try this... currently i just use Wolfgang Concourse Series Paint Sealant and then add a layer of Meguair's carnauba wax on top. I get a lot of praise for the condition of the paint with this combo. and my car is 23 years old with original paint.

I hate turtlewax and always used Miguers for all my cars but... Black Box was the bomb I thought intill Meguers came out with their new stuff which has black dyes etc. its in a tube forget the name right now but
its the best I have seen and doesn't hurt the wallet.

same here everyone tells me wow your paint is amazing so it did its job.

but I would like to try the expensive stuff one day just to see I may try this one.

thank for sharing

Anyone ever try this on their black cars? http://www.autogeek.net/best-black-car-wax.html
Seems like the optical fillers/enhancers (which are in automobile waxes) are stained/dyed black, in this offering.

It's also stated that this is a synthetic/polymer and natural/wax combo product. Generally speaking, offerings in the marketplace are either one (former) or the other (latter), but not both.

FWIW, a the most reasonable combination that produces the most practical results for me:

- two applications of a synthetic/polymer product (any quality over-the-counter or reasonably-priced sealant stuff)
- single application of a natural/wax product (Collinite 845 or Meguiars Gold)

Stuff that costs (at least) 3-4 times more than the aforementioned only offers incremental return in terms of depth/wetness appearance and protection/longevity.

(but, of-course surface-prep being the key... wash/clay/clean/polish/glaze/seal/wax/buff :D)

wash/clay/clean/polish/glaze/seal/wax/buff
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^What, I have to do all this?:eek: Just reading it makes me tired.:redface:

or you can just take it to the car wash and have them wash it with things that may as well be brillo pads....

wash/clay/clean/polish/glaze/seal/wax/buff
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^What, I have to do all this?:eek: Just reading it makes me tired.:redface:
LOL actually more steps!... after polishing detailers recommend going over the car completely with an isopropyl spray to make sure to remove all polish residue before glaze/seal/wax!!!!

Also could use a product like Hybrid V7 after waxing! (and after every subsequent wash, to help preserve the wax and continue to add protection/gloss)

Back