• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Well, I just bought it. Now what do I do?

It's a 2001 targa in a silver/grey that is stunning and the car is in showroom condition. 35,000 miles. I don't know much about these cars, though I have owned Ferraris and Jags and all that stuff. Can anyone advise me on the do and don'ts of NSX ownership?

The PPI wil be tomorrow and I would be surprised if we find any problems.

Congrats! If you don't know what to do, here's a handy list:

1) Join NSXCA
2) Make sure you bring the NSX up to date on all services
3) Get ready for a huge grin on your face when you drive it every day, cause it don't need no pampering to give you smiles
4) Kiss it at night before you put it to bed in your garage
5) Post photos
6) Join the exclusive prepaid group

Enjoy!!!

Morrie said:
It's a 2001 targa in a silver/grey that is stunning and the car is in showroom condition. 35,000 miles. I don't know much about these cars, though I have owned Ferraris and Jags and all that stuff. Can anyone advise me on the do and don'ts of NSX ownership?

Now you just drive it and enjoy it and dont pay extra for services like oil changes at the dealer because its an exotic.

NsXMas said:
Well, to get that true exotic feel, one can always pretend it's breaking down and having it at the shop all the time for repairs! ;)

Mod fever, prepaid!!! :D

hahaha thats a good one ;)

NsXMas said:
Well, to get that true exotic feel, one can always pretend it's breaking down and having it at the shop all the time for repairs! ;)

Mod fever, prepaid!!! :D

I dont wanna say that all other exotics break down every other week but most owners of the four legged marque seem to have there cars in for service alot more then expected.

Treat it like it's a regular Honda with pride and proper care...

Vance

Buy a new Comptech Supercharger (High Boost Kit) with the AEM OBII EMS system for tuning...and start listening to that supercharger whine!!! Then when the OEM clutch goes becasue it won't last long with 400+ hp...put in an RPS clutch!!! :biggrin:

Here are some pics. The car is a one owner and the selling dealer has serviced it all its life. The service manager told me he has never seen a more fastidious owner. Every service was performed on time. He described it as a perfect car.

Attachments

• Interior 3.jpg
    Interior 3.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 622
Here's another. I'm just figuring out how to use the board. I have a Miata track car which is one of the most wonderful vehicles ever built, so the NSX will be a street cruiser. I'll have to get some fuzzy dice right away!

Attachments

• Left side 4.jpg
    Left side 4.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 606
Now what do I do? you can start by doing 150 mph on I75

welcome to prime morrie!!
no shortage of info & opinion here
join nsxca, take a spin up to orlando for the national meeting
nsxpo 2006
in october 2006!! :smile: :smile:

Last edited:
Step #1, get floormats
Step #2, drive & enjoy@
Step #3, sell to me

Do you wan take a hit of the GFCP?
All the new users are doing it...
C'mon mahn yust a lil puff.

crack_pipe.jpg

Last edited:
Just love it the way it is for a while...if you must mod :rolleyes: ....make sure you research and figure out what works best..this site has persons that have done just about everything to an NSX...some will say a BBSC will blow up your motor and some will say it works fine..some will say the ARK Exhaust is too loud and others will say its great.. you will find plenty of opinions to be had :smile:

New floormats are on the way. They were the only things on the car that showed any wear. I doubt that I'll do any mods since this is to be my essentially basic daily driver. It seems to have more than adequate power and handling for that.

I get my speed kicks on the track, currently with my tricked-up Miata which is an absolute giant killer on a short, technical track. It gets a litte lonesome on the long back straight at Sebing, but at a place like Mid Ohio I can give the big horsepower guys the fits. I have done a little instructing for Chin Motorsports and that's where I first saw a gaggle of NSXs and got to talking with their owners. I'm sure some of those guys hang around this board.

Congrats on your purchase! Definitely sign up for the NSXCA and mark off your calendar from Monday, October 9th until Saturday, October 14th for NSXPO 2006. The track event will be at Sebring on Monday and Tuesday, with the social events Thursday, Friday and Saturday in the Orlando area.

I would also recommend the SmarTenna, which you can purchase here. Otherwise, the car looks like an RC car. :tongue:

Other than that, get out and drive!!! :biggrin:

Beautiful car BTW, nice choice. Welcome to the board.

Morrie said:

What you should do now is get off of the computer and go drive that car!! :D

Congrats!

Morrie said:
New floormats are on the way. They were the only things on the car that showed any wear. I doubt that I'll do any mods since this is to be my essentially basic daily driver. It seems to have more than adequate power and handling for that.

I get my speed kicks on the track, currently with my tricked-up Miata which is an absolute giant killer on a short, technical track. It gets a litte lonesome on the long back straight at Sebing, but at a place like Mid Ohio I can give the big horsepower guys the fits. I have done a little instructing for Chin Motorsports and that's where I first saw a gaggle of NSXs and got to talking with their owners. I'm sure some of those guys hang around this board.

Sorry, Morrie, can you tell me where you got your floor mats?

Congrats! Beautiful car.....looks perfect! You should bring it up to Orlando next month for the luncheon. Last year we had almost 20 cars show up! Wei-shen, the president of NSXCA is supposed to be giving more details about the NSXPO for next year in Orlando. Try to make it if you can!

Put the Zanardi suspension on it to lower it a little and for better performance. Or, just put some lowering springs on it.
The worst thing, aesthetically, about a stock NSX is the large gap b/t the fenders and the wheels.

Back