• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

We're going to run a new project, asking our community to evaluate, please;)

Was about to fill out the survey but realized it didn't ask the right questions to properly portray my opinions on this service.

Personally I think this is a self-defeating service, in that it contradicts itself. The ideal of mobile messaging or email is the speed and ease of delivering said message. However, very idea of sending a personal letter is to some degree, to demonstrate that the sender specifically sacrificed that speed and ease for the sake of the recipient. In other words, it's the thought that counts. Once you deleted that aspect of sending a personalized letter, then you've eliminated the most primary aspect of a personal letter. That's incidentally why I usually don't get cards that have a pre-written message in them (for me it, again, it defeats the point), and instead craft my own message for each letter or card I send.

However, I can see a very few niche applications where this is meant to be used to send messages quickly and conveniently to those who are not wired to receive them electronically; older people, people in first world countries wanting to communicate with people in third world countries. But that's a dead ended path as I don't see that lasting very long as older generations (not to be morbid) die off and the world slowly becomes more wired. Also, in a very ironic way, I could see this being nostalgic or retro for very young generations who really never got to experience a paper-mail world and could find some novelty in it. But again, that would also probably be short lived as well.

Since the OP is in Russia, perhaps people feel differently about this over there? I do not see a service like this being too popular here in the US. Apple Cards was deemed a dud, and the concept was similar.

Would never work in the US. First of all, the question about whether you would go to the post office to mail a letter doesn't even really apply here anymore. If I see the inside of a post office more than twice a year it is unusual. I stick the mail in the box outside my house and the post office picks it up when they drop off the new mail. You can even order stamps online and they will deliver them to your house so there is very little need to actually go into a post office.

Secondly, I don't quite get what the service actually is. Do I type a letter on your site and then you print it and mail it for me? If I am doing the typing why don't I just print it myself and stick it in the envelope.

Maybe this service is needed in Russia but I think it's dead on arrival if launched in the States.

My account system works like this (in sending invoices:p)
Anyway it might work in certain country's but won't working western or Asian country's.

The idea is good although a decade late. (consumer based)
I'd recommend you focus on business in sending business letters this would be more profitable.
Although it already exists, like i said my account system sends out invoices, quotes and reminders it costs me $1.3 per letter.

IMHO, 95% off communication is done digital even contracts, etc.
All the mail that arrives here ether is goes to account or are flyers/leaflets from MFG's.

Last edited:
Back