• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Were screwed... NSX in FNF4

I just went to Universal Studios Hollywood yesterday and it's still there under the "Famous Movie Cars" lot during the tram tour. I would hardly call that car famous or have it next to the Magnum Pi Ferrari, Back to the Future DeLorean, and the like.

It's just sitting there in the dirt collecting dust (literally, it looks like it hasn't been touched in months). I really wanted to hop off of the tram and scavenge some parts (like the motor) off of that abomination. Why does it have a 3-element (APR) wing? C'mon...:rolleyes:

Do you have any pictures of this poor thing? You would think they would at least clean it every once in a while. :(

Greetings

Kids will get these, because their parents will buy the car for them. We have kids driving M3's and Porsche's at Los Gatos High School -- talk about a set of parents that need their asses kicked. Getting a used NSX will look cheap.

Children can be terrorists -- they wear you down over time to get their way. Eventually the parents give in to shut the kids up and for the prestige of being able to brag how they bought Johnny or Annie a (name of prestige car here). Plus they get to drive the car some and they can still bitch to the other spouse about not wanting to buy it. (The "prince" at our house drove a used Toyota Corolla, even though he wanted a tricked out Civic).

Cheers
Martin

Just got the word from Universal Studio the "out door" scene shoots are officially over. They are editing the movie right now. Some cars are asked to be held in their garage incase they need to do some additional footage (interior shots or green screen) if required.

Yes, my car is still in the movie and they didn't pay me squad for it.

BTW, you're not going to believe how many R34's and Supras they own. Amazing place. Like a junk yard for all JDM cars.

Vance,

didn't you get your car back yet? or is it making an encore appearance? hopefully they take off all the over spray this time :tongue:

MKIV's were not that cheap here in Los Angeles unless you bought it from grandma or grandpa down the street who kept it in the garage and used it as a grocery getter.

Its potential was well known and the fact they aren't making any more, not just the movie by itself, is what held up values. They went up $5-10k but if you pay more than $25k for anything but a low mileage unmolested example someone is trying to milk you. Nice cars are found in the 20's.

Edit: Two years ago a buddy picked up a 93.5 baltic blue with 4x,xxx miles and original owner, mint condition for $22k. I'm personally on the fence on for an MKIV or NSX.

Last edited:
I don't mind the representation that the NSX will get in the movie...it is by far the best looking car of the bunch! The mods are tastefully done - and yes...it will raise the price of the NSX...which does not matter to me, because I am not interested in selling her.:biggrin:

Dam:cool:

i will and buy another in the process. id love to sell my POS to a smuck and buy a better condition NSX like my first one. I dunno who ever owned mine before was a total tool. 144k miles and ive already spent 2 1/2 K on her and im far from done....sigh...now where is that stupid ricer boy who's parents have money.............

So I'm on my blackberry so I don't feel quoting things... I'll just writer.

I'm agreeing that's is/was Duke's car... But he sold it to this kid named Stephen... Who is the little asian guy he mentioned he saw. There's no way the blue nsx has any major part, cause the owner is a busy man who needs the car for 'work.'

Vance, did they shoot youe car in san pedro or magic mountain? I got a call to work at the magic mtn shoot (or next to it)... Maybe I could have saw your car.

Hhaha I like how they barely paid you. There's no unoin for background cars... Maybe local 44 props but I doubt any of them are members. And its not SAG cause you're not in it. So I'm guessing they probably gave you an extra nonunion rate... Which sucks!

MKIV's were not that cheap here in Los Angeles unless you bought it from grandma or grandpa down the street who kept it in the garage and used it as a grocery getter.

Its potential was well known and the fact they aren't making any more, not just the movie by itself, is what held up values. They went up $5-10k but if you pay more than $25k for anything but a low mileage unmolested example someone is trying to milk you. Nice cars are found in the 20's.

Edit: Two years ago a buddy picked up a 93.5 baltic blue with 4x,xxx miles and original owner, mint condition for $22k. I'm personally on the fence on for an MKIV or NSX.

You guys are craz if you think that the first FnF movie did anything for the MKIV resale.

I know because i bought a 94 TT before the movie came out for $28,500 (it was the cheapest around, about 65k miles). After the FnF movie came out i completely lost interest in street racing because that movie made a joke of it and most of the guys i knew had moved on and gave way to the kids trying to copy that dumb movie who were flooding the scene.

I sold the Supra about a year after the movie came out for $16,500. It was on autotrader for about 2 months. It had around 110k miles and i had installed easily $10,000 in parts to the car and sold it with all of the stock equipment included.

Now i know that you would be hard pressed to find that kind of deal now because most of the kids who bought them up crashed them or trashed them but i can say in all honesty that the FnF movie did NOT help resale but rather changed the demographic of the poeple wo were looking to buy a MKIV.

When i was doing my research on cars i stumbled across MKIV.com and with those guys help i knew the TT Supra was for me. When i decided to sell my mk4 it was a much younger and different board.

I can't wait for the movie to come out. I really want to see it. I love all the FF movies cause they are so bad that they are good. After watching Redline the FF movies actually were not as bad as I thought.

I can't wait for the movie to come out. I really want to see it. I love all the FF movies cause they are so bad that they are good. After watching Redline the FF movies actually were not as bad as I thought.

I agree. I suppose its like anything else, if it were even close to an accurate representation it would be offensive, but because it is so ridiculous you can laugh and have fun with it... at least now i can anyway.

i will and buy another in the process. id love to sell my POS to a smuck and buy a better condition NSX
Yeah, seriously. I love my NSX, but the previous owner rode 'er hard and put 'er away wet, as they say about horses. I'd be kind of embarrassed to have another NSX owner look too closely at it. If I could get some enthused kid with too-rich parents to buy it, I'd sell it, wait for the prices to come back down, and try to get a newer one in better condition.

Yeah, seriously. I love my NSX, but the previous owner rode 'er hard and put 'er away wet, as they say about horses. I'd be kind of embarrassed to have another NSX owner look too closely at it. If I could get some enthused kid with too-rich parents to buy it, I'd sell it, wait for the prices to come back down, and try to get a newer one in better condition.

I just wish I would of looked harder at my car, did the PPO, and asked more questions. I feel I got a decent deal with the mileage and little extras but I found out later my car has been worked on several times inside and out. Not too happy about that. I still have a blast driving her though :smile:

Back