• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

West Fest Update

I'm still working on the itinerary, it will be a guideline which can be altered as im sure i can't get any input on the schedule until people see whats planned. i feel that there needs to be more than one person working on the schedule of events. i might forward a pre-itinerary to a few members for their opinions and input...

Thanks for everything you are doing for us.....
I will donate my car for a window fix it thingy and lube and adjust if someone wants to show other how its done. Lot of people would like to know how to properly take off door panels and what not. I have the aluminum pieces.
Maybe at Acura parking lot if we are going there.
Or not..... just a thought.
I hear wheel alignments are being done in a parking lot behind the old hotel downtown with string and tape measure and vise grips..... lol
Four Nsx's so far are leaving Calgary Friday morning, maybe 8-9ish I hope.
Maybe Dan (Caveman) and Wife will meet us up early from Edmonton so that would be 5. Brent (maximumyieldsign) is working on it.
Trev

Having replaced both window thingies, the door panel and old window thingie removal is the easiest part.
Installing the new window thingie takes the right technique and the right pair of pliers (see pic) lest one spend 6 hours or more cursing etc.

Jim

Attachments

• thingies02.jpg
    thingies02.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 41
Having replaced both window thingies, the door panel and old window thingie removal is the easiest part.
Installing the new window thingie takes the right technique and the right pair of pliers (see pic) lest one spend 6 hours or more cursing etc.

Jim

How about a workshop in stopping the interior light from rattling ... Jim how hard is that? Have you done it? I could get some glue :redface:

Pamela

I've still got the interior light and wires above the ceiling panel rattle
I think we have to take the ceiling panel off and re-stick the wiring
in place and tack the light down.

I think it is one of those hour or two jobs, that runs into 2 days the first time.

I also need to reseal my taillight lenses and do maintenance on my right door solenoid so I can use my remote without setting off the alarm.

Hmmmm, starting to sound like a weeks work.

As you know with a new house, time for working on the wheels is tough to find.

Jim

Pam, you sure you don't have the roof liner clip problem.
I did those last year and have pics at home, but I never did a DIY on prime yet.
That is about a 2 hour job and you can get to everything there.
The roof clip problem is the worn out clip just behind the light assembly in the liner. But being a veteran, you probably know that.
T Rev
And yes, we do want to cruise and not work on cars for hours.
Um, Hot Tub, Speedo, Cowboy Boots........what can be finer.

I say Country!
T Bone

Attachments

• NinaTrev_resize.jpg
    NinaTrev_resize.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 60
I'm still working on the itinerary, it will be a guideline which can be altered as im sure i can't get any input on the schedule until people see whats planned. i feel that there needs to be more than one person working on the schedule of events. i might forward a pre-itinerary to a few members for their opinions and input...

Aaron thank you for all your work. Look forward to seeing the revised itinerary.

Due to work commitments, we (Capistrano/fct) are leaving Saturday morning heading from Vancouver through #3/ Hope Princeton route. Estimate to arrive mid afternoon at Summerland, and hope to see you all there. Please consider the late comers in the itinerary.

Hey all, here is an update from Bryan, an organizer with the Knox Mtn. Hill Climb going on in Kelowna during West Fest...it is regarding parking to be made available to our group. I explained that we had roughly 20 NSX's going to be present to watch their event. I want to run it by the members before I accept the conditions laid out in the email...

"Aaron:
This is exciting news. We do have a car show area for this purpose. The NSXs should arrive prior to 9:00 am. They need to enter at the car show gate. This gate will be marked with a sign.

Knox Mountain Motor Sport would like to offer each drive a free one day pass to the event (one per car). Please note that a car passenger will be asked to purchase a pass for the event. Call me at (250) 878-8128 prior to your planned arrival at the car show gate and will have you directed to your assigned area.

We have security who will watch the cars while you enjoy the event. So no worries.

How does this sound to you?
Bryan"

ok gang lets hear it...how does it sound to you?

I asked the same question, since it indicated no date, i am awaiting Bryan's clarification on the day. Right now I would say Saturday, will confirm when I know...

I'd be up for show parking. I've got to be at Knox both Saturday and Sunday to crew my rally teams' car in the hill climb, so that would work out perfectly for me :cool:

Yes, thanks so much, I'm not too sure about 9am to watch cars go up a hill. I will be up but maybe rather do other things with nsx people.
Of course everything changes once we are away from work, stress and all that stuff.... I might even be a normal person for once....
Thanks once again.
Is there actually a plan on what we are doing like Friday nite greet and meet, saturday breakfast and meet, saturday lunch and meet and a coors light????

Yes, Friday will be the meet and greet at the Manteo, since many of us will be heading there first anyway. I'm going to be sending a list of places (with maps attached) to wash your vehicle once we get to Kelowna. Friday night we should just spend chilling after the drive, meeting one another, and go out to the Manteo lounge for some drinks. The itinerary will begin Saturday morning, I wasn't sure if we should ask maybe for a 10:00 meet time at the Knox Mtn. Hill Climb, I wanted to plan a breakfast for around 8:30-9:00 and how long do we want to spend there watching cars climb hills? I could use some input on this subject guys.
Thanks

There are lots of events taking place this weekend in the okanagan. Car show's, hill climb's, parade's,etc.The hard part is deciding which one's to attend. Is anyone into go-karting in Westbank, wine tasting in Naramata, (the road is excellent), and perhaps a barbeque in Kelowna (lakeview heights) on Sunday?
Porpoise

It's suppose to be 30 degrees this weekend in the sun!! I have confirmed staying at my relatives. I'm also hoping to hit the links on Sat/Sun depending on what the final agenda is. Looking forward to catching up with other owners and also looking forward to a few hours of solo time.

Oh ya, and who is going to have the master contact number?? I know the city isn't all that large and seeing one of the two dozen NSX's will quickly catch my eye, but I don't want to do a hit and miss - especially since I've opted to do the "afforadble-to-me" route and bunk with relatives.

Tim

ok - if any one cares my# is 7788826511 call me if you want

780-953-1744
Trev
I will put everyones cell into my Pearl if I get it.
I have most Edmonton guys plus Brent(maxi), Cody, Stacy, Pam.

I am planning on a wine tour on Saturday, I planned to do the Peachland world of wheels of Sunday. The reason being is I spoke to the organizer of the world of wheels and he will set aside parking spaces IN TOWN for us because if you aren't in the event you are parked 5 miles outside of town due to the large # of vehicles in the city that is closed off to those who don't have a spot reserved. He is willing to allow us in for $12 per vehicle and we can collectively leave as a group at anytime after 3pm. That might be a good time to head for some go-karting that i have lined up at westside go-karts and then a bbq at some location (porpoise you mentioned a spot). I'm trying to clarify the Penticton speedway location as being doable for our cars. I heard that the road into the speedway isn't the best, so it may rule out any chance of us going there for racing on saturday or sunday. I will have a rough itinerary posted hopefully by tonight. My cell is 250-318-0422 and I will be staying at the Manteo.

We too (kevin and julie) are at the Manteo for at least Friday and Saturday night. Cell we an be reached on is 7806999936 (yes Trev you will have another # to learn). I really like the idea of the Peach Land car show and karting sounds great as long as we can get there! Some friends of ours are coming to Kelowna as well and if the moon and stars align properly the new Mastercraft Boat will be behind their pick-up. Anybody up for a BBQ at the lake with maybe some watersports and a pleasant evening cruise? From the Manteos pictures they certainly aren't far from the water!

Back