• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What about this NSX???

I've read here on prime that the 1-to-2 shift drops the RPMs in 2nd low enough that the engine falls out of VTEC for a half-second or so until the revs climb up a bit, hampering 0-60MPH performance, as well as 1/4 mile times. The closer gearing ratios of the 6-spd address this.

I don't have first-hand experience about this, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night ::biggrin::

J

ask specifically if the waterpump and timingbelt have been done, and find out about snap ring range. If these check out, I'd offer 28,000.

The 6 speeds (290hp) are 97+ and up, 99.9% are targas. This is of course the 5 speed (270hp, coupe). I havent driven either, so I cant give u first hand advice.

seems like a decent find, but maintence and condition are 2 thing to watch out for. Timing belt/clutch/water pump/window regulators are all mucho dinero:wink: The 5 or 6 speed in a mater of preference IMO. I have a 5 speed with 4.23/JDM short gears and its close to the stock 97-05 NSX. I think it really throws you back in your seat. Price could be better but Id rather pay more for a perfect car. A nice car is always nice and roachs are headaches-especially on $90k cars. Dont be afraid to travel but make sure you bring the car to an ACURA dealer for a pre-purchase inspection. I flew to VA for my NSX and drove it home. I didnt PPI my car but im kind of experienced due to the fact I do it for a living.:wink:

Most of the people here are very helpful and use the search-it will help big time

Back