• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what aftermarket part would you like that isn't produced yet?

nsxtasy said:
For the bling bling! :D

oh, well by all means then.

do you think they will be available in carbon fiber rhinestone?

AU_NSX said:
Have a look at my avatar or my picture gallery and then see if you need to ask that question again... :wink:

yes, but what good do you think it will do? that scoop isn't really placed in a spot that is going to get air crammed into it like everybody seems to think it will. unless you are going to make them stick out farther from the car to begin with to where they actually catch air (like the nsx-r) and divert it into the engine bay than just a scoop isn't going to do you or anybody else any good.

unless anybody has any wind-tunnel proof to say that the scoops would be functional I don't see how it would work.

Especially in your case; I highly doubt the air would be moving fast enough to do any good trying to force it through an intercooler or to really help cool the engine bay. I would think you would have a better and more productive time making a scoop system to go on the side of your lexan hatch that came out and scooped air from the side of hatch by the b pillar :confused:

- I'm not trying to argue or say you are wrong, just sayin that from everything I have ever heard those scoops are 90% asthetic and 10% functional... if that! hell, if anybody can prove it would be work i'd be all over one to help keep the engine bay cooler but given the fact that acura quit even putting the fans that pull from that side of the car in later models and people are taking theirs out since they don't really do anything apparently i just don't see it?

This ones easy. I would like to see a digital S2000 "style" display VS the 80-90s needle gauges.:smile: I am almost tempted to pick up a Stack gauge cluster just to get back to the digital display I am so used to.

poet_x said:
See-thru targa top?

Round taillights?

different gauge faces?

What item or items would you like to see produced?

Passenger side glove compartment lid in carbon fiber with a small embossed NSX logo? :cool:

I guess I'm the only one that wants this since I've posted about it before and only got a few replies.

I would like to see a replica of the Type-R underbody diffuser please. I believe there are already copies of the rear valance; why not the front diffuser??

Oh and yes the LED taillights would be nice.

I'm not sure about anything else I want....What a great car, I'm so happy with her:biggrin:

Attachments

• t3_02.gif
    t3_02.gif
    30.2 KB · Views: 80
BladesNSX said:
I guess I'm the only one that wants this since I've posted about it before and only got a few replies.

I would like to see a replica of the Type-R underbody diffuser please. I believe there are already copies of the rear valance; why not the front diffuser??

Oh and yes the LED taillights would be nice.

I'm not sure about anything else I want....What a great car, I'm so happy with her:biggrin:

Pro-car specials and downforce make both diffusers.

Ko-nsx said:
Pro-car specials and downforce make both diffusers.

Erm, perhaps I should have added "for an affordable price", lol. However, I did not know the front underbody panel was available, thank you much.:wink:

Competch spoiler for non-widebody cars:biggrin:
One of the few body modifications that actually complement the lines if the nsx.

A trailer hitch and a ski holder that would go from the rear wing to the roof maybe? :wink:
And a "country kit" to raise the ground clearance on snowy days...:biggrin: :biggrin:

midNight Sun Xpress said:
And a "country kit" to raise the ground clearance on snowy days...:biggrin: :biggrin:

Hi

As your car is stock you have all the ground clearence in the world :biggrin:

You could drive over pretty large animals and don't even notice :wink:

Regards

midNight Sun Xpress said:
A trailer hitch and a ski holder that would go from the rear wing to the roof maybe? :wink:

I'm talking to a few companies about what it would take to develop an air suspension, which could help w/ this.

FuryNSX said:
Thanks Ken!! That's very close. I like that it's open so that the spare could still be bolted to the bracket. My two questions would be if the bag is TOO big for the space saving spare (Site states "22" through 31" tire". I need to go measure the spare.)
I took a good look at these this weekend. The shape of the bag is not a closed cylinder, but rather more like a long, rectangular strip of fabric with elastic along the long sides to stretch over the wheel (hope this all makes sense to you). It fastens to the exact outer diameter of the tire using velcro; there's a velcro strip along the edge of one end, and there's a long velcro patch (almost a foot long) towards the other end, and it overlaps up to whatever point is needed for an exact fit around the tire.

However, the space saving spare, when collapsed, is about 10 inches shorter than the shortest place where the two velcro pieces meet. So the tote couldn't be fastened snug using the stock velcro.

A couple of options, if you're still interested in pursuing this: You could contact the manufacturer, to see if they would be willing to make one for a smaller diameter wheel; or, you could buy one and simply sew another piece of velcro onto the bag in the proper place.

FuryNSX said:
if the material is course enough so as to minimize sliding in the trunk. I wouldn't want the nylon to be too smooth.

Has anyone got hands-on experience with this product. There seem to be shortage of California dealers that sell ths product. :D Any ideas or insight from anyone? :) Anyone know what "70 Denier Nylon Ripstop" feels like?
Well, this is ripstop nylon, which you often see on lightweight windbreakers, sleeping bag covers, etc. I would say it's somewhat smooth.

While I was at it, I tried putting the collapsed spare into the right side of the trunk (not the left side where the cutout is) and it fit perfectly. So if you put it on that side, it won't slide around.

Little did I know, at the time I was trying all of this, that I would need to use that same spare tire to drive all the way home on, in pouring rain. Grrr...

Ken,

Thanks for the effort you put into this over the weekend to look into the cover's viability as an NSX spare cover. I've been reading your post several times over to get a better understanding of how the thing works. I guess it's not a "plug-and-play" type of application. :rolleyes: I'm thinking I might just bite the bullet and get the product anyways and figure something out, probably along the lines of what you suggested.

I'm sorry to hear about your spare tire incident. What exactly happened? Did you post details in another thread?

-Randy

FuryNSX said:
over the weekend to look into the cover's viability as an NSX spare cover. <snip>
-Randy

Frankly, I am surprised as to why your are complicating your options. Not that I care about our spare cover offering, but put a hole in the center and voilà, you have access to the spare mounting bracket while enclosing the entire spare .......... on the other hand, for the 97+ spares, there is very little room to put a cover and fit the spare back as you will rub the sides while installing and removing the spare. In fact, if you do this often, you may have chafed the harness on the left side. And any material, even our Denier microfiber, over time will wear and tear from such mounting/dismounting.

FuryNSX said:
I'm sorry to hear about your spare tire incident. What exactly happened? Did you post details in another thread?
No, I didn't post about it. I was at Road America over the weekend. I didn't plan on doing much track driving (thanks to all-day rain predicted for Sunday), so I didn't bother bringing my R compound track tires with me this time around. (When I do, I leave the spare at home, since the track tires are my emergency backup tires.) On Sunday I found that I had a flat, and took it to the tire department at the local Wal-Mart to get it repaired. They were quite competent as well as inexpensive. They found the leak; the tire, which was quite worn (to about 3/32"), had tears along the bead (perhaps related to my driving off the track into the grass at one point on Saturday), so it couldn't be repaired. They wouldn't sell me a new tire because they only had H-speed-rated tires in that size, so I drove home on the spare.

Hrant said:
for the 97+ spares, there is very little room to put a cover and fit the spare back as you will rub the sides while installing and removing the spare. In fact, if you do this often, you may have chafed the harness on the left side. And any material, even our Denier microfiber, over time will wear and tear from such mounting/dismounting.
I agree, and this description applies equally to the '91-96 spares.

Hrant said:
Frankly, I am surprised as to why your are complicating your options. Not that I care about our spare cover offering, but put a hole in the center and voilà, you have access to the spare mounting bracket while enclosing the entire spare .......... on the other hand, for the 97+ spares, there is very little room to put a cover and fit the spare back as you will rub the sides while installing and removing the spare. In fact, if you do this often, you may have chafed the harness on the left side. And any material, even our Denier microfiber, over time will wear and tear from such mounting/dismounting.
I'd like to believe that I'm not complicating my options, but really clarifying what my options are. My main concern is how smooth a cover's material is. I don't know what "Denier microfiber" feels like, and I don't have access to one of your covers to see if it serves my purposes. As such, I don't like the idea of purchasing some sort of cover, putting it over the tire, placing it into the right side of the trunk, only to find that the tire still slides around because the material is too smooth. If you're able to confirm that after wrapping a 91-96 spare with your cover and squeezing it into the right side of the trunk, it won't slide around, I'd be glad to purchase one of your covers.

-Randy

Last edited:
Randy, almost all Denier or microfiber fabrics (which are used for their durability) will slide to various degrees. The smoother your trunk carpet the more the slide.

The simplest way to assess to get a picture as to what you might face, wrap your spare (presumably the pre 97) in a nylon garbage bag and see how snug the fit is on the right side. If it is snug ennough that it will not slide, then you wouldn't have an issue with my tire cover either. If it will slide, chances are mine might slide too. But you can always put two Velcro strips and you would be done.

Did I mention that mine come with a logo too :biggrin:

Hrant said:
The simplest way to assess to get a picture as to what you might face, wrap your spare (presumably the pre 97) in a nylon garbage bag and see how snug the fit is on the right side. If it is snug ennough that it will not slide, then you wouldn't have an issue with my tire cover either. If it will slide, chances are mine might slide too.
There isn't a lot of room for it to slide. It's not tight (you don't have to "wedge it in") but it doesn't have room to slide any distance fore and aft.

nsxtasy said:
There isn't a lot of room for it to slide. It's not tight (you don't have to "wedge it in") but it doesn't have room to slide any distance fore and aft.
I'm a bit more concerned with lateral sliding, particularly if it might smack into the CD changer from side to side movement.

Twin throttle bodies, one for each bank. Like the 360 modena has. Because the six individuals, is not really street-able. Someone needs to make one !

twin_throttle_2.jpg

mmm tail light conversion

DSCF0530sm.jpg

Maybe I am just old fashioned, but I would like a real wood grain console to go with my tan leather. not just a cheap looking overlay!

The deep red NSX in one of these post is the best looking NSX I have ever seen. If it ever comes up for sale, I would have to sell my soul to buy it!

NSX-Wes said:
Maybe I am just old fashioned, but I would like a real wood grain console to go with my tan leather. not just a cheap looking overlay!

The deep red NSX in one of these post is the best looking NSX I have ever seen. If it ever comes up for sale, I would have to sell my soul to buy it!

they made that...

http://www.nsxprime.com/Gallery/press/custom_refresh.htm

click on the bottom left image

Back