• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What are your most enjoyable modifications?

In order of enjoyment

1992 Black 5 speed
Tein RAs lowered 1 1/2 inches
Zanardi front strut braces (2)
Corner balanced
Dali street sways
16/17 polished stock wheels w/Dali polished center caps
SS brake lines
Stoptech drilled rotors
Project U pads
Finstar Exhaust
Remove engine cover
Dali rear titanium brace
All LED Brake lights
Cupholder (self made)
2002 color dash plastic pieces
New OEM seats
New OEM shift knob
Polished alternator
Ston'd shields
Polished alternator belt cover
Dali Coolant bottle (black)
Dali polished oil filler cap
Gold painted calipers

So far the only mod is SmarTenna.
Good stuff.

my favorites:

1. upgrading to oem solaris silver 7 spoke rims from oem 15/16.

2. Cantrell AIS

3. All basic free weight reduction

4. Odyssey PC545 battery

JDM conversion

I did an entire JDM conversion, sans the RHD kit.

I really like the RDS stereo and KM/H only speedo...you always are doing KMH -> MPH conversions.

The bizarre looks of driving a "Honda" is also pretty cool too.

To the uninitiated: they think they are going faster than you are...always a bonus.

Drew

SOS street/race anti-roll bars, NSX-R frontend braces. The anti-roll bars work without much extra ride comfort impact, the front braces tighten up steering response and gives a feeling the front tires are glued to the ground.

Most notable mod are the frontend braces.

1. Comptech supercharger
2. Taitec headers
3. Taitec lightweight exhaust
4. Cantrell air intake collector (system)

Danny Yee. :biggrin: :wink: :tongue: :biggrin: :smile: :wink:

Short gears, and 4.235 ring and pinion.
My car had headers and BB exhaust when I bought it.
I feel h/e is a must.

I guess your BUDGET or how much money you have to spend on your NSX is your most enjoyable modification. For those who spend about $50 for the Smartantenna and claim that is their most enjoyable modification, how can you really say that. It does nothing for performance and only gives your car a slight increase in looks which most of the general public won't even notice. Only another NSX owner might know that you have it or they might think that you might have just turned your radio off.
I think for anyone who has the money to put a supercharger or turbo kit on their car will probably say that is their most enjoyable mod but it is only for those who are in the need for speed.
Some people love the feel of g-force so by changing tires and wheels or other suspension parts would be their most enjoyable mod.
Others like the sound factor and by changing their audio system, exhaust and or intake, that would give them what they feel is the best mod.
And finally there are people that are into dressup so by adding little accents like carbon fiber dash kit, custom pedal kit, polishing their aluminum parts, etc.
My most enjoyable mod is lowering my car because it makes the car look and handle better. I did this by purchasing the Bilstein shocks and set the spring perch to the lower setting and kept the stock springs so the ride is basically the same as stock. I also added some Dali sway bars to improve the handling.

Just to jest and joust with Litespeed: Budget not much of a factor.

I have a CTSC and a Smartenna. And I think both are a little silly.

I actually RAISED my car, as I live in an area where rocks routinely fall onto the road and typcially hide behind blind turns. These rocks fall down onto the roadway when it rains or the wind blows hard enough. They actually run snow plows here every couple of hours when it rains...

In effect, my car can now clear most of the rocks and I don't have to slam the brakes and thread the road with sharp turns and drive into the opposite lane in rainy foggy weather...so, in effect, my car handles much better now.

It does look _silly_, but I guess I have to get bigger tires now....it never ends. Wisdom in the NSXer that signs with "It about wanting what you have..."

Drew

About 5 weeks ago my other nsx buddy that lives up about 3 houses away (about a mile) ran over a medium rock and did about $15K in damage. His car launched up on the radiator support and came down on the transmission/rear cross beam. He hasn't seen his car in a month....

On some nights it is so foggy and rainy that I have to go so slow that I almost lug the engine. One night a Porsche 4S and I seemed to be having a contest on how slow we could actually go and not stall out....it was like stop and go traffic, without the traffic....

Having owned my current NSX just over a year and putting 40,000 miles on her in that time, my HID headlights are by far the most useful mod with the custom sound system a close second. I have a Taitec GT Lighweight exhaust which sounds great and is a joy to listen to. The Tein RA suspension, Dali sway bars and HRE wheels have greatly improved the car's handling.

I'm still craving more horsepower but can't decide if I should just have the motor done locally or send the car to Factor X and turn it into a firebreathing rocketsled.

My mods, i might forget some...
These comments are MY comments, how I experienced them.

RM open air intake with cold air option
For sound its brilliant, especially on high revs. Performance not noticeble, price for mod was IMHO to high. Get lots of compliments on the sound.

Headers
Worst mod i have done so far, Performance not noticeble, Price/performance factor was way to high.

Remus exhaust
Better sound, Much better looks, Can not comment on performance/price, since this was on my car when i bought it.

Advan Model 7 17&18
Better looks, Imported from Japan made the price/fun factor very good.

Track sways
Very stiff ride, just how i like it. Makes car more noisy. I bought them used, very low price. One of my favorite mods.

Yellow koni's
Adjustable for track/road use, Can not comment on performance/price, since this was on my car when i bought it.

Springs
Can not comment on performance/price, since this was on my car when i bought it.

Engine dressup
Is oke to make the lot look a bit better, but really not worth it IMHO, just one of those things you do when you want to mod something. Puts a presonal touch to the car.

Mesh engine cover
Was a DIY project, turned out very OEM looking. Problem with driving in the rain, is that the belt throws all the water up against the rear window.... Still costed quiet a lot for a diy, but was worth it.

Instruments dressup
Stacey's clusterrings with the SoS cf layer makes a nice change, i like it a lot, though fitment was a real pita. Price/looks was oke.

Light flywheel
DaliRacing light flywheel, got it from GerardvanSanten. Very reccomandeble. Got the feeling my 0-60 has actually gone down. Can not comment on price/performance.

Shortgears
When driven around the block/track/twisties, these are a must have, though sometimes on the autobahn i realy mis my old long gears. Coz i did installation myself, i can say that price/performance factor for me was good.

Dali Chip
Gives you a higher rpm limmit, and just those few hundred rpm's make the engine scream like a real racecar. Got the chip used, so i can not comment on price/performance factor.

But most important is the total package, light flywheel, shortgears, higher rpm's, screaming intake... that all toghether makes a big difference over stock, but was it worth it? Difficult question... at the time it was, but these days when economy is striking me i'd say no.....;)

Mich

DutchBlackNsx said:
But most important is the total package, light flywheel, shortgears, higher rpm's, screaming intake... that all toghether makes a big difference over stock, but was it worth it? Difficult question... at the time it was, but these days when economy is striking me i'd say no.....;)

Mich
Lucky you, that you got these goodies when economy was good for you. I don't think you would have saved the money :wink:

Autophile said:
I thought replacing the original owner with myself was pretty enjoyable. :D

I would have to agree again, this is prob the single best mod :)

Mods on the car, I have to say the GruppM exhaust, when it rips..., it RIPS!!!!!!

The second best "feel it in the seat of your pants" mod for street use (next to a SC)... short gears, 4.55 ring/pinion & 7lb flywheel. Revs & Quickness thru the city streets was dramatically improved. Sound coming thru my Taitec headers / B&B exhaust sounds SO much better as the rpms drop very little... much racier sound... vs rpms dropping 1200 between shifts. I would say next... would be the weight saved by taking out the cig lighter, VERY cost effective.

My favorite mods in order have been the 2002+ updated rear bumper, Taitec JGTC Parallel exhaust, WW side skirts, and Comptech sway bars.

Re: NO MODS

I haven't done a lot to my car yet, but I'm going to have to say that my mild brake system upgrade would really open the eyes of some guys running stock brakes and some guys running bbk's. They get better the harder you use them, they just don't seem to fade on some serious twisties and high speed stops, and they just plain "feel" great.

Project Mu front rotors
Comptech stainless steel lines (4 corners)
Hawk HPS pads (4 corners)
Motul 600 brake fluid

mul1gan said:
I just got the car and have not done any mods yet..

I think I would like to replace the struts (if you call that a mod)

I hop you're talking about the rear hatch or trunk struts...
...cause those are the only struts you'll find on an NSX.
:biggrin:

Back