• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What are your top 5 mods?

Tein-RE Circuitmaster, inverted monotube aluminum coilovers= -28lbs
Headers/Exhaust Taitec gt009 (w/ cat delete)= -62lbs / +20whp
Custom carbon fiber manifold and lightweight alternator/brackets= -45lbs / +20whp
AEM infinity ECU on E85 flex fuel= +6whp
Carbon Kevlar underbody aero
ALL Sound deadening removal= -40lbs (under-chassis, fender wells, under seats & firewall)

Last edited:
Cmc140's car came to me already highly modified, and like other addictions it's never enough with more to come. So for me the question is: what am I not willing to give up?

Top 5 "not to be modded" mods:

-quiet highway cruising (fujitsobo super ti exhaust, no floor tar or firewall mat but about 5lb of Dynamat Xtreme & FatMat insulation
-AC, with modern r134 refrigerant (deleted the heater core)
-cruise control
-driver's side airbag
-stereo, just a basic 6lb setup with a mini-amp + 2 speakers

Also being able to use pump gas anywhere was a consideration (have Flexfuel)

It has taken some work to keep this stuff functional, since ripping it out is the easy part. So while things are getting removed for light weight, I still want to have a comfortable long distance car.

1) Type S rear anti sway bars
2) Anytime Racing exhaust
3) Cantrell Air Induction System w/Uni Dual-Stage Foam Filter
4) Brembo drilled and slotted rotors w/ Steel braided brake lines
5) Science of Speed five point restraint w/ Sparco belts

From a bone-stock '92:
1)Wheels/tires (mainly "modern" width tires)
2)"Safety" mods: balancer shield/oil pan baffle/oil pump gear
3)Swaybars
4)Coilovers
5)'02+ ABS update

I was recently asked what are the top 5 modifications/upgrades on your NSX?

It was a tough question to answer. However, for this poll i'm excluding any mods you still want to do. I think it's important to have some feedback behind the wheel prior to listing your mods.

What say you?

[MENTION=20915]RYU[/MENTION]
We should start a least favorite 5 mods as well. Shoot, God knows I have several...

- - - Updated - - -

I was recently asked what are the top 5 modifications/upgrades on your NSX?

It was a tough question to answer. However, for this poll i'm excluding any mods you still want to do. I think it's important to have some feedback behind the wheel prior to listing your mods.

What say you?

We should start a least favorite 5 mods as well. Shoot, God knows I have several...

Not done by me, but these are the ones I appreciate most:

1. Quantum T5 adjustable suspension
2. Taitec GTLW exhaust
3. AEM
4. 02+ headlight conversion
5. Baschboost Supercharger

As others have said, limiting our choice to five is very difficult. I consider my more than 15 mods that I have made so far as being very important

1. Brembo BBK
2. Non compliance rear beam bearings and toe links
3. KW3 coil overs
4. OS Geiken LSD with the 4.4 final drive
5. High performance tires

I forgot the best mod of all....my cup holder.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a great idea. I'll follow your lead. That will have to require some thinking...

My least favorite mods are as follows
1) LM replica wheels
2) Cheap Dali racing carbon fiber console
3) Marge hills body kit which was fragile as an egg
4) Attempting to repair the window regulators with new slides
5) Ash tray gauge mount. Only because ya cannot see the gauges

These are my 5 top mods and also the reasons why I chose them.

1. Sound deadening removal. Reason: Car has a more hardcore/raw driving experience.
2. 6 Speed Transmission: Reason: Gearing really allows me to keep the revs up at autox.
3. GRF EX003 Ti Exhaust. Reason: Car sounds more aggressive, like a tigers growl lol.
4. Bilstein K4 BR05 Coilovers. Reason: Car handles turns much better at autox and the lower stance eliminates OEM excessive wheel well gap.
5. DF Type-S Seats. Reason: Really helps to hold me in place at autox and makes the interior look more sporty.

Last edited:
18's and 19's TSW THANK you previous owner
Billy Boat exhaust
KN filter intake (sound!!!!, power, who cares)
bilstien coilovers for a great stance... THANK YOU previous owner... I would mess that up!!
beautifully done touch screen/bluetooth/nav that I barley have an understanding of... THANK YOU previous owner

1. Took everything that said "Acura" off the car (lived in Japan for a decade). Loving the NSX Type-S Steering wheel (on signature).
2. LED Rear Taillights. The faded circular lights on a long rectangular light panel was just amplifying its age (on signature).
3. TAITEC JGTC Center Exit Exhaust+Headers+Front Pipes (should be installed <2weeks)
5. T u r b o

Top 5 Mods

1. Power
Comptech 3.5L Race Motor / Comptech 2.3L Supercharger / Driving Ambition Air to Water Aftercooler

2. Drive

JDM Short Gears with 4.06 Final Drive Gear Kit / OS Giken 1.5 Way Racing LSD / CT Powergrip1 Clutch

3. Chassis/Suspension

KWv3 Coilovers w/Eibach Springs (1K/700lbs) All Non-Compliance stuff, 26mm adj. Bars, NSXR chassis braces

4. Brakes

Stoptech BBK w/slotted rotors & braided lines (x4) Motul RBF 600 Racing Brake Fluid

5. Wheels & Tires

Forgeline GA1R Open Lug Race Wheels
Front: 17x9" +49
Rear: 18x11" +59
Tires BFGoodrich R1S
Front: 245/40ZR17
Rear: 315/30ZR18

Honorable Mention: Add Lightness

Last edited:
hard to compete with that ^

1. Suspension - KW V3 with Swift Springs and all Non Compliance parts
2. Brakes - Gen 2 ABS and brake sizes with 4 piston front calipers
3. Sticky tires - Dunlop Z11's
4. Gearing - OS Giken and short gears
5. Link ECU

my honorable mentions aftermarket Cams and head-work and loss of weight

hard to compete with that ^

1. Suspension - KW V3 with Swift Springs and all Non Compliance parts
2. Brakes - Gen 2 ABS and brake sizes with 4 piston front calipers
3. Sticky tires - Dunlop Z11's
4. Gearing - OS Giken and short gears
5. Link ECU

my honorable mentions aftermarket Cams and head-work and loss of weight
Rob's 3.5L engine hasn't started yet. Or has it??? :biggrin:

1. HPDE :rolleyes:
2. Hugo's one touch up driver's window :cool:
3. Type S suspension :biggrin:
4. '97 OEM wheels :smile:
5. JDM close ratio / short gears and Type R rear end :biggrin:

Lol. One touch window up ranks above Type-S suspension and JDM short gears. Only an NSX owner would be so easily impressed by such modern conveniences. I have the one touch up on my car too but I keep imagining what it might do to a finger that was in the window's path. I suspect the motor is strong enough to brake your finger.

Lol. One touch window up ranks above Type-S suspension and JDM short gears. Only an NSX owner would be so easily impressed by such modern conveniences.

I have the one touch up on my car too but I keep imagining what it might do to a finger that was in the window's path. I suspect the motor is strong enough to brake your finger.

Ha ha. You're absolutely right. I love those mod cons!

It's a smart mod. Meaning no one should be dumb enough to put their finger in the way of danger. :wink:

Last edited:
1. Momo steering wheel
2. R short shift kit
3. Pilot Super Sports

Just about everything else has had a negative besides the positive. I would still rank steering wheel as number 1 and best ROI. I have a feeling my B7 tillett seats may topple that spot.

- - - Updated - - -

After 100 mods I am only listing only 3 that I see as 100% improvement and no drawback. Imagine...

- - - Updated - - -

once I tie in the A and B pillar by a bar that may also get up there. We will see. For me it is always what aides the driver connect. Not power or handling or grip or G's or whatever. Experience not speed.

- - - Updated - - -

1. HPDE :rolleyes:
3. Type S suspension :biggrin:
4. '97 OEM wheels :smile:
5. JDM close ratio / short gears and Type R rear end :biggrin:

Where can I get #2 ?

1. Momo steering wheel
2. R short shift kit
3. Pilot Super Sports

Just about everything else has had a negative besides the positive. I would still rank steering wheel as number 1 and best ROI. I have a feeling my B7 tillett seats may topple that spot.

- - - Updated - - -

After 100 mods I am only listing only 3 that I see as 100% improvement and no drawback.

Momo Steering wheel....down side surely is that you have lost the air bag?

Back