• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What did YOU pay for your NSX? (and when?)

Last edited:
i remember when i bought i could not sleep for whole night it was so crazy.... first gear and like today i remember power of v6.. sitting in a best seat when nothing hurts after some time of driving it is still one of the best memories each time i sit...

That's either a salvage title or a clueless seller.....that is a steal if it's a no stories NSX ......

Spotless title, cash strapped seller.

Bought a 91' black exterior, black interior with just under 39k miles for $35,000. Car came with a taitec lightweight exhaust + the stock one as well as a carbon fiber engine cover (plan to sell the exhaust to get a pride v2 down the road), already being offered $500 for the JETZ engine cover that came with my car. I'm very happy, the seller was an awesome guy who introduced me to one of his good friends who also owns an NSX. Noah, if you are reading this, hope you are enjoying the hell out of your awesome cars =)

I'm quite pleased as the car was in great shape and the acura techs that I had check out the car prior to purchase (2 of them owned NSX's) told me I'd be stupid not to buy the car in the condition it was in at the price Noah was asking.

I should add I bought the car less than 2 months ago.

Just picked up a 2004 nsx automatic. Red/black. With 18700 miles. For a shocking price of $52,500.00. I would of paid $60k his asking price. But I was able to haggle with him, cost of my flight, hotel, and shipping. Plus cold hard cash talks. (Btw it's freaking hard withdrawing that much cash at chase, they treat you like a criminal)

Clean title and car fax. 2nd owner. However ugly aftermarket wheels and custom stitches seats. Don't know why someone would stitch nsx on their seats. Dah

I just flew back from Florida. It's being shipped here.
I'm happy as a bee. Can't wait for the 2015 nsx.

Just picked up a 2004 nsx automatic. Red/black. With 18700 miles. For a shocking price of $52,500.00. I would of paid $60k his asking price. But I was able to haggle with him, cost of my flight, hotel, and shipping. Plus cold hard cash talks. (Btw it's freaking hard withdrawing that much cash at chase, they treat you like a criminal)

Clean title and car fax. 2nd owner. However ugly aftermarket wheels and custom stitches seats. Don't know why someone would stitch nsx on their seats. Dah

I just flew back from Florida. It's being shipped here.
I'm happy as a bee. Can't wait for the 2015 nsx.

It's an auto, hence the lower price.

October 2013 92 stock BB/Ivory 20,799 miles, one owner car, $40,000 had TB/WP service done when it arrived so i guess i'm in about 42,000 give or take a few bucks

Last edited:
Sept 2014 - December 1999 (GH-NA2 6AS62) Type S in Monte Carlo Blue with black interior 39k miles. Price? no comment. Currently on a container ship in the East China Sea.

Last edited:
Sept 2014 - December 1999 (GH-NA2 6AS62) Type S in Monte Carlo Blue 43k miles. Price? no comment. Currently on a container ship in the East China Sea.

Sounds awesome, but why no comment? The entire point of this thread is to post what you paid.

September 2014, 2001 black/tan 53k miles, $52k.

Sounds awesome, but why no comment? The entire point of this thread is to post what you paid.

September 2014, 2001 black/tan 53k miles, $52k.

I haven't paid the taxes etc. to import it into NZ. The car is being inspected right now - I should get it in the next couple of days. I paid less than the asking price of JPY 8,900,000 for the car.

I haven't paid the taxes etc. to import it into NZ. The car is being inspected right now - I should get it in the next couple of days. I paid less than the asking price of JPY 8,900,000 for the car.

Awesome, can't wait to see pics. Monte Carlo blue is my favorite color

Sep 2014, paid close to 35k: 91 with 35k miles, car is in excellent condition almost like a new car. Clean title, no accidents, car has new continental 555 racing tires, Tiatec exhaust, Comtech headers, Paxton Novi 1000 supercharger, RC injectors 550, K&N air filter, BBS racing wheels (17 front, 18 rear), Eibach lowering springs, Cross drilled rotors and Ceramic pads. Also the owner gave me all the original parts except for the wheels. Bought it in Virginia and drove it all the way to St. Louis :)

Forgot to mention: A huge binder of records and maintenance papers + pictures of supercharger install + pictures of new speakers and amplifier install

Last edited:
1995 RED/TAN 39,000 MILE 5 SPEED
33,500 AS SEEN IN PIC WITH WHEELS/BILSTEINS/LOWERED/SLOTTED ROTORS/HUGE BINDER OF RECORDS SINCE DAY ONE
BOUGHT 10/2012

ATTACHED IS SCREEN SHOT OF WHEN THE CAR WAS ON "WHAT'S MY CAR WORTH" IN MAY 2014 fwiwnsz screenshot1.jpgnsx screenshot2.jpg

these prices all make me feel like i got ripped off. 2012 1991 BB/Ivory 34,000miles $35k. Absolutely NO records. Stealership said (Honda North in PA) said "due to privacy reasons... we had to get rid of service records." As if that wasnt bad enough, it got even pricier after clutch was replaced and all the maintenance was done (Daisy Auto). Still stock :(. Wouldve been nice to have this page back then lol

Last edited:
That sounds sketchy that all records were destroyed due to privacy reasons. I would have walked right then. Then again, my NSX came with 2 service records, lol.

these prices all make me feel like i got ripped off. 2012 1991 BB/Ivory 34,000miles $35k. Absolutely NO records. Stealership said (Honda North in PA) said "due to privacy reasons... we had to get rid of service records." As if that wasnt bad enough, it got even pricier after clutch was replaced and all the maintenance was done (Daisy Auto). Still stock :(. Wouldve been nice to have this page back then lol
Assuming you're just under 40k after the clutch work I'd say you did alright, considering ben has looked at the car it is probably close to perfect now.

Seemingly, there is finally "real" money to be had or made with the NSX. Buy low. Restore/rehab/recondition. Resell high.

All this is seemingly moot and/or bittersweet for the NSX owner+enthusiast who are more-or-less "lifers," namely own an NSX (which seemingly is appreciating in value) but will never, ever sell it.

Man, this thread really highlights how far apart many public sellers/dealerships are from actual transactions. I've been in the market for a while now and I simply can't reconcile the very public asking prices from all the observable transaction prices I've collected from recent buyers and sellers. Like right now, I would be humiliated to post that I paid $40k for a 1991 with 50k+ miles (in snap ring range) and has confirmed paint work, yet every advertised car out there seems utterly convinced that they are basically giving the car away.

I've collected info on more than 30 confirmed transactions over the past 10-12 weeks so these comps are current. The data is on cars mainly from 1991 thru 2001 (since that's the range I'm looking in) with varying miles, histories and modifications. I'd really like to find a car already, but I've had no sort of luck so far. At this point for the right car, I'm probably willing to give someone a bit more than where we see cars trading hands in this thread. But for for heavens sake, if people think cars are actually trading hands anywhere near the asking prices on eBay or anywhere else (including many in the for sale section here; you know who you are guys :cool:) they simply aren't.

Were you happy with the deal when you bought it?
Were you still happy after the clutch job?
You also have to figure in how long you searched (value of your personal time), how convenient/close the car was to where you live, etc...
Also, NSX market in 2012 was different than 2010, 2014 (and so was your financial situation).
Enjoy your NSX!

Back