• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what do you think about this car? jh4na1268nt000312

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: what do you think about this car?

It looks nice, and has low miles, but of course, you should go check it out personally. Find out about snap ring range, and maybe even bring the checklist from the FAQ. It's automatic though, so make sure you really want that. If it is as nice as it looks, he probably wants at least $30k.

I don't see why you have to go outside of eBay, the seller probably wants the most money he can get for the car, and if that's your offer than great. I suppose he could cancel his auction to be shady save a small amount of money, but than he loses any last minute bids. With automatic it's tricky, it can sit and sit until the right buyer comes along, who REALLY wants that particular setup.

thanks for the opinions.
its a 14 year old car, multiple owners i would believe is the norm that doesnt seem wrong.

Might have to check it out, sure looks clean/sharp in the pictures.

anymore opinions?

thanks

The short description says it's a manual, but in the written description it says it's an auto. Might want to verify which tranny it has.

I was sorta looking for an automatic for a daily driver.
i will email the seller and see. I am betting its an auto, just because of the description.

will check and then go from there

Decoding its VIN = Automatic.

jh4na1268nt000312
The 7th position is the tranny.
2 = Auto, 1 = Manual

Accordingly said:
. If it is as nice as it looks, he probably wants at least $30k.

I agree with that. My 1991 now has 31K miles and I would not ask for below $30,000 and I have not seen one yet to go under that price for what you are looking at. I bet you he is looking for around $32,000 honestly. It's hard to find a low mileage but the fact it is an auto may mean $30,000 is the right price. Be careful and make sure it has had it's maintenance done. Even though it's low mileage you will still have to worry about the timing belt, coolant hoses, AC problems, window regulators and all that fun stuff the FAQ talks about. Read up on everything you need to know before you take the jump. Be advised you will not be able to get it in the mid $20,000 or else something definitely is wrong.

Good luck

Nik

I can't understand the picture of the engine, and why the trunk is so yellow. On the other thread, the poster said it was the sun, but I don't think I've ever seen red turn that yellow. Having said that, the inside of the engine bay is red, so maybe it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back