• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

what does it look like behind the door speaker?

I wanted to install some of these diffraction pads behind my woofers in the doors, but they need a relatively flat/curved surface. What it it like directly behind the factory hole? Specifically I want to know if the door beam is behind there. Has anyone that looked remember?

The pads:

268-242_l.jpg

268-242_si.jpg

268-242_sii.jpg

There's a hole. A hole for your speaker bottom to go into.

I am asking what is behind the door hole. Eventually if you reach in there your hand hits something. Is that a FLATish outer door panel?

Hi Dave,

behind is the outer aluminium cover for the door (don't remember if the beam is at that height level though), and between the speaker bottom and the aluminium, the glass runs up and down...if you remove the speaker with the window down, what you see through the hole is the glass

Nuno

Thanks Nuno. I was just trying to see if there is a flat enough surface for me to attach this round pad to with the glass up.

Here's a picture, hope it helps........

Brian

Attachments

• Console and CCU removed.jpg
    Console and CCU removed.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 58
Here's a picture, hope it helps........

Brian

Thanks... that does look pretty unobstructed... maybe I will order the pads then. I have limited time in a garage I am renting because I want to do my own install. So I am trying to get everything ready to go beforehand.

Thanks... that does look pretty unobstructed... maybe I will order the pads then. I have limited time in a garage I am renting because I want to do my own install. So I am trying to get everything ready to go beforehand.

Good luck Dave! Please take lots of pics!

Back