• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

What does vacuum hose #1 do?

Vacuum hose #1 T's for two operations.

Constant vacuum control valve -> EGR control solenoid valve -> hose #5 EGR valve

Purge cutoff solenoid valve -> hose #6 Purge control diaphragm on charcoal canister.

Mike

Mike, I asked this question before to no avail.. do you know which vacuum hose can supply constant vacuum even when the engine is not producing any at that particular moment? I believe there is a reservoir that stores vacuum which powers the VViS for example but i'm not sure how to tap into that.

I'm hoping to find a source for constant vacuum. Perhaps that's #1?

Mike, I asked this question before to no avail.. do you know which vacuum hose can supply constant vacuum even when the engine is not producing any at that particular moment? I believe there is a reservoir that stores vacuum which powers the VViS for example but i'm not sure how to tap into that.

I'm not really sure if #1 would be constant or not but it would be worth checking. I do know that the other side of the Constant vacuum control valve going to the EGR control solenoid lists 6" to 10" of vacuum at idle. There is a air chamber tank but not sure where you could connect to it. Maybe you could T into the line from the tank to the chamber volume control solenoid valve but i don't know how much vacuum you would see. When does the main manifold connections lose vacuum?

Mike

Last edited:

Hijacker!!

J/K :biggrin:

Thanks for the answer Mike.

Back