• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What happend to the BaschBoost SC?

It will be stand alone/piggy back OBDII. Don't ask me which one yet, money is going through the roof with stand alone, tuner charges, dyno fees and air fair.:redface:

Joe

jdnsx said:
It will be stand alone/piggy back OBDII. Don't ask me which one yet, money is going through the roof with stand alone, tuner charges, dyno fees and air fair.:redface:

Joe

Figure $1400 AEM OBD1 and a good $6-800 to tune.

jdnsx said:

Joe
Who is tunning your car?

it think it doesnt matter, go turbo :)

i do think the BBSC is a much more forgiving design than the CTSC when you want to add to it.

easier to add intercooling, easier to add pulley's, easier to "tweek" the charger or replace with a larger unit. etc,etc,etc.

plus looking at the flow charts, atleast with the old CTSC, i feel the BBSC is better suited to the engine.

these are just my opinions though... i dont want a drag out fight over them please. :)

are either of these systems suitable for racing...and I do NOT mean HPDE..I mean real wheel to wheel racing? Also where can I find info on the BB system? Is the CT system easy enough for a home tech to do? I am going to make my 92 into a race car that I can use in the HSR series here on the east coast..I am tired of driving these old American muscle cars with no brakes/ steering but gobs of horsepower that get passed by the 3.0 liter Porsches. I want to build a bad ass NSX to smoke the Carrera's!
Thanks

VintageracerNYC said:
are either of these systems suitable for racing...and I do NOT mean HPDE..I mean real wheel to wheel racing?
Thanks

Rob Morrison used the BBSC to race in the one-lap of America.

Re: Autorotor CTSC

NetViper said:
I am not saying to go get a BBSC because they certainly require at lot more time and work. Bottom line is for someone who wants to make A LOT of power, they are a lot better choice than a CTSC.

That said, I would recommend a 6psi CTSC over a 6psi BBSC any day.

You all know I am a big CTSC fan. Truth be told, I wish I had just got a CTSC and called it a day.

i can understand why considering the problems people had finding tuners in their areas... fwiw mine at 6 psi and otherwise 100% oem stock made 130 extra rwhp.... the understanding i have is that the "old school" ctsc at 6 psi made somewhere around 75 rwhp.. it's just me (i'm sure) but i'd rather have the ability to cool the charge, run higher boost (if i want), and have an extra 55 rwhp... oh wait.. i did cool it, and run higher boost. :)

The only thing I used from the BBSC kit was the paxton, brackets, coolant tank, and the
driveline. Nothing against MB, but I don't consider it a BBSC kit anymore and I
was pretty annoyed when a for-sale forum moderator changed the post I did
for my car and called it a BBSC.

Having said that, the blower itself, brackets and the driveline work for me.
My driveline cover fits really bad (holes don't line up with the bearing
carriers), and I dislike the engraving on it.. but it functions fine.

With all due respect to MB (i like the guy, always been prompt in answering
my emails even though I didn't buy the blower/brackets directly from him),
here's how it should have come originally:

2883578386.jpg

3141653069.jpg

With that POS plastic/rubber BOSCH (not Basch) diverter valve replaced by a real part, it sounds
like a god damn airliner is trying to land on your head... might not work well for everyone, but I dig
it. I don't know if my old one was just worn the hell out or what, but the new valve is much more
responsive (and adjustable). ;)

-mike

mikeh said:
The only thing I used from the BBSC kit was the paxton, brackets, coolant tank, and the
driveline. -mike

what else is left out from the original kit? that sounds like pretty much the whole thing, SSbox aside? your pics look pretty much like a bbsc with a different valve and elbow.. i guess i don't follow what you mean when you say it isn't a bbsc kit anymore, since you used all the major components. i switched to a forge blowoff valve but don't call mine the peiserg SC system (available online for $6500 installed...PM me for details!)

Would there be an interest, or market for a reengineered BBSC kit? I think the major problems with the kit were the drive line assembly, and fuel management. A new drive shaft and bearing system will be made and fuel management may be the HKS FCon S, which gives fuel and timing correction.
If people can chime in what issues, and design problems they have had with the old system, maybe some upgrade parts can be made available for existing BBSC users.

only problem i had with the hardware was a squeaky carrier bearing at 8k miles. now about 19k miles and no problems. What kind of improvements can be made? You mean higher quality bearings? I've heard from one other guy about a bad bearing, so ther may be room to improve there. the thing most complained about was tuning the ssbox, which you've solved with a different mgmt. system. Is it more widely supported? the other thing was a leaky resoivoir cap, which was easily fixed with an 18lb cap. i guess from the standpoint of fewer moving parts being better, the sos setup has that benefit...no carrier arm.

one thing that was of concern to me was the 'what if" scenario.. what if MB retires, or no longer has access to a carrier arm, and i have an issue with mine.. so from that perspective, i might be buying a replacement arm in a couple years if i have an issue..

VintageracerNYC said:
are either of these systems suitable for racing...and I do NOT mean HPDE..I mean real wheel to wheel racing? Also where can I find info on the BB system? Is the CT system easy enough for a home tech to do? I am going to make my 92 into a race car that I can use in the HSR series here on the east coast..I am tired of driving these old American muscle cars with no brakes/ steering but gobs of horsepower that get passed by the 3.0 liter Porsches. I want to build a bad ass NSX to smoke the Carrera's!
Thanks

If you haven't done so already, go straight to www.nsxfiles.com and start reading. You'll need at least a week to get through all Doug's NSX racing write ups.
(I recommend IE, some java applet on the main page locks up firefox).

peiserg said:
only problem i had with the hardware was a squeaky carrier bearing at 8k miles. now about 19k miles and no problems. What kind of improvements can be made? You mean higher quality bearings? I've heard from one other guy about a bad bearing, so ther may be room to improve there. the thing most complained about was tuning the ssbox, which you've solved with a different mgmt. system. Is it more widely supported? the other thing was a leaky resoivoir cap, which was easily fixed with an 18lb cap. i guess from the standpoint of fewer moving parts being better, the sos setup has that benefit...no carrier arm.

one thing that was of concern to me was the 'what if" scenario.. what if MB retires, or no longer has access to a carrier arm, and i have an issue with mine.. so from that perspective, i might be buying a replacement arm in a couple years if i have an issue..

Yes, basically a new carrier system with possibly better bearings, and a trued, balanced shaft. Possibly cylindrical instead of rectangular so you might be able to get the oil cap off easier. The HKS FCON will be preprogrammed. You wont be able to tune it yourself (unless you go to a HKS Pro dealer), but you will have the ability to switch between 4 maps. Later if more power, or different upgrades are utilized, then the FCON S can easily be swapped out for a VPro.

peiserg said:

Most machine shops could duplicate any of the parts for the BBSC. I am still wondering what was the thought behind the way the pulleys mount on the drive shaft, a round end with a key would be more secure. Specially since the shaft is so much harder than the pulleys.

Armando

peiserg said:
what else is left out from the original kit? that sounds like pretty much the whole thing, SSbox aside? your pics look pretty much like a bbsc with a different valve and elbow.. i guess i don't follow what you mean when you say it isn't a bbsc kit anymore, since you used all the major components. i switched to a forge blowoff valve but don't call mine the peiserg SC system (available online for $6500 installed...PM me for details!)

Which diverter did you switch to? or is it a true blowoff valve? I am looking for an aluminum forged replacement for the stock bosch diverter.

VintageracerNYC said:
Thanks

I have 2 bbsc's. One is on my race car. Took first in class in the One lap with a stock motor/blow head gskt and a bbsc. Made 428 rwhp at 6800 rpm + 7psi. I have installed several comptechs and they are great for the street, but in a race car its a BBSC or a custom install of something else.
Biggest issue is IATemps. I have been able to keep mine to 160-170 after 8-10 hard laps, but I am still not happy with it, yet.
Mike

Back