• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What insurance carrier is best for NSX?

My present insurance on my Toyota is through AIG, they will not insure the NSX(or any high performance auto). So who will give a full coverage policy without me being as*raped in the process. My monthly note on a 05, is already pushing 900.00...
Any suggestion would be helpful, THX

I switched to Haggerty for my '91.

I switched to Haggerty for my '91.

I am with Geico currently. Thinking of switching to either Haggerty or Classic Car Insurance but if I remember correctly, you are not really allowed to drive the nsx to work even if you stay under the 3000-5000 miles per year limit. Also, if you drive to the mall or any place with public parking(i.e. movies, sporting events, etc)you cannot leave the car unattended for more then an hour? Can someone confirm if these restrictions are correct for most classic car insurance companies.

Depending on your location and other variables........I am with State Farm and if I were to leave it on full coverage the entire year it is approx. $940.00
But since it is laid up winters it turns out to me much less on a yearly basis.

I am with Geico currently. Thinking of switching to either Haggerty or Classic Car Insurance but if I remember correctly, you are not really allowed to drive the nsx to work even if you stay under the 3000-5000 miles per year limit. Also, if you drive to the mall or any place with public parking(i.e. movies, sporting events, etc)you cannot leave the car unattended for more then an hour? Can someone confirm if these restrictions are correct for most classic car insurance companies.

I am sure if you called them they would answer all your questions. Or check their website.

I pay $1300 a year through wawanesa for my 92. I have a clean record though.

State farm quoted me $160/month for a 2002. I believe a 91 was $135/month, with the 300zx (other car I was considering) not much cheaper @ $120.

All of those were for "pleasure miles only"

I upped my coverage on my NSX to 100/300 bodily injury, 50k property damage. $1000 deductible and I put about 3k miles/year on it now I pay $409 for the year through Liberty Mutual. No accidents and just 1 point on my driving record.

I use American Family Insurance - their estimates online do not reflect the actual price you receive, you should call an agent to get the best price... That's what I did. http://www.amfam.com

Also, if you combine your policies they give some great discounts, that's where I really saved!

I pay $1300 a year through wawanesa for my 92. I have a clean record though.

Ouch, you must be under 25. I am paying $850 at Haggerty with a $38K agreed value. I only drive my car 5000 miles a year though.

Ouch, you must be under 25. I am paying $850 at Haggerty with a $38K agreed value. I only drive my car 5000 miles a year though.

Yeah I am 22 and it is my daily driver so 15k miles a year.

I am insured with Geico and have the bare minimum on everything as I drive the car very little and live in a very small population so risk is mimal. I am paying $600 /year. Driving record is clean with no accients or tickets in last 7 years.

Not to be a jerk but I think this topic is a useless one to post and has been discussed many times before.

What works for one person WILL NOT fit another since car insurance has so many variables such as:

Location, age, number of cars, homewoner, record, etc....

If you are paying $900 a month for a used NSX, you really should consider buying another car my gawd! :rolleyes:

State Farm treats me like gold because we have so many policies with them and most of the cars are pleasure miles. My rates will be useless to you but just as an example, a college female friend of mine (she's 25) went to our agent and best he could do for her 2008 BMW 335 was $600 per month. I almost had a heart attack....

I paid less than $500 for 6 months on my 2008 997 GT3 and with my current 04 nsx, I pay $395 for 6 months. I am a bit older and clean record but there are too many variables for any one person to compare to another.

rk

What works for one person WILL NOT fit another since car insurance has so many variables such as:

Location, age, number of cars, homewoner, record, etc....

rk

Agreed. Furthermore, different types of coverage will also dictate different premiums. Some people get the bare minimum, some get 100/300, and some get 250/500. It all depends on what you have to protect. Therefore, comparing just the premium alone is irrelavent.

I just bought a home and now have the 'multiline' discount with State Farm. I pay $61.66/ month for full coverage on my NSX($37.21/month) and liability on the Passport($24.45) 36y/o Clean record. Age and multiline make a BIG difference. Multiline cut my auto payments almost in half!

Back