• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is your daily grind?

young crowd...thats when chevy was funny.....maybe folks only remember fletch lives....

I work for a company that Business Insider named the most disruptive enterprise tech company (beating apple, google, facebook, amazon etc). Tons of fun and exciting stuff, the learning doesn't stop (although there are times where it would be nice :))

I work for a company that Business Insider named the most disruptive enterprise tech company (beating apple, google, facebook, amazon etc). Tons of fun and exciting stuff, the learning doesn't stop (although there are times where it would be nice :))

Jealous, somewhat! Maybe more: admirous and happy for you in your current grind of trailblazing rather than working for some Fortune 500 version of The Man. Worked for Ford Mo Co for 7 years in drivetrain engineering then a tech startup for 2 years that supplied gearboxes for the original Segway - 2 years of feeling like we were going to be with the Disruptors of the time...now if only every one of you reading this bought a Segway or two like Dean Kamen and Jeff Bezos expected, I'd maybe be typing this from Aruba if not from an office overlooking the assembly area instead of from a conference room during lunch before yet another meeting in the nuclear energy world... Hope in 15 years though for the grind to consist of driving a white F150 around town fixing stuck toilets and collecting rent checks inbetween rounds of golf....

and personally I'd swap the truck for a New NSX. They say it will be very "livable," I take that to mean one could fit any tools you might need in the trunk. :D

- - - Updated - - -

if I had to guess...vmware?

I define "livable" by whether or not I could get a better night's sleep in the car when in a pinch than on an airplane.

1995 Ford Ranger SuperCab - reasonably livable

1996 Ford Explorer - vacation home livable

1991 300zx - slightly livable (rear hatch area)

2002 Honda Accord EX 4 door - very livable (and with the most comfortable rear seat I've ever sat in)

2006 BMW E46 330 - I love this flight but we absolutely must arrive before bedtime

1993 NSX - I love this flight even more!! But that lumpy, cramped backseat of the 330 wasn't that bad after all.

Last edited:
Anyone who reads the stock market thread probably has a decent grasp on what I do. And for those who don't, the fact it's in the stock market thread should still answer the question.

Going to change it up once i finish my master in december but haven't determined what direction to go into just yet.

I define "livable" by whether or not I could get a better night's sleep in the car when in a pinch than on an airplane.

1995 Ford Ranger SuperCab - reasonably livable

1996 Ford Explorer - vacation home livable

1991 300zx - slightly livable (rear hatch area)

2002 Honda Accord EX 4 door - very livable (and with the most comfortable rear seat I've ever sat in)

2006 BMW E46 330 - I love this flight but we absolutely must arrive before bedtime

1993 NSX - I love this flight even more!! But that lumpy, cramped backseat of the 330 wasn't that bad after all.

When I was getting started decades ago, I found a 72 vega to be very comfortable....parked in the right neighborhood.

I design the machines that help to build the semiconductors in your computers, phones, tablets.

Sounds like heaven if only the truck were red. :-D.

I could live with a red truck. My Explorer and Ranger were red - great trucks, I miss both. Realizing here that the 'ancient' NSX has so successfully scratched the itch to have a fun car again after a decade of being w/o a fun car that I'm actually considering looking for a rock-solid pre-2000 Land Cruiser or Bronco or other ancient/simple-tech truck for medium duty rental property/house project stuff and DD'ing to replace my current 4 door sedan DD... I'll let you know the color choice when the time comes...I've been feeling a little bit of tech overload lately in today's cars and find myself at times to be so much more satisfied when driving simpler cars than today's "4-ton tech overload showcase and jewelry box fashion statement" offerings...

Meanwhile, I'm traveling solo this weekend to pick up some wheels in Philly then onto Long Island to pick up more Nsx goods and I pulled a '72 Vega' last night at a PA turnpike rest stop from midnight to 5:30 AM....got to prove once again how livable the Accord is...rise and shine...!

Also during the four hours of solo driving time last night I think I've come to the conclusion that it may be time to change up the daily grind...I think this thread helped plant the seed that it's time to move my own cheese after 5 years of the current grind...thanks Prime once again.

zuerst=docjohnthor

I'm Frieda's boss.

I laughed my a$$ off when I read that!. One of the most quoted movies ever! "Moonriver..."

After many years of tearing up numerous countrysides with an M1A1. I hung up my stirrups and I now work as an Airport Operations Officer at Albuquerque International. Our main focus is enforcing FAA regulations on the airfield and anything else that may effect the everyday operations of the airport.

Last edited:
What is your daily grind?
Based on their titles, I thought these two topics were going to be related. :biggrin:

NSXprime-grind-coffee_zps0af27efa.jpg

I sell paper and glue... All the shit you learned in kindergarten. :biggrin:

Back