• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what is your favorite quote?

indecision is a decision.

there are only 10 types of people in the world: those who
understand binary, and those who don't.

zahntech said:
"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you" --Unknown

It's in a Nirvana song. Can't remember which one though.

Cobain stole it from someone else ("every artist is a cannibal,every poet is a thief"--Bono) but I can't remember who...it was either Nixon or G gordon liddy.

"Don't suck at life!"

- Ricky

Joel said:
There are three kinds of people in this world:

Those who can count...and those who can't.

Well, what's the fourth one? :biggrin:

Try to be the man your dog thinks you are.

- Without struggle, you gain no progress (Morgan Freeman: Higher Learning)

- It's not that you can't, it's because you won't. (My pops)

- You've got questions, i've got answers... RADIOSHACK

- There's a place for everything and everything in it's place... (Heard it a lot when I had to clean my room)

gj

Re: Anybody speak fluent Bush?

From yesterday's Bushisms: "We want our teachers to be trained so they can meet the obligations, their obligations as teachers. We want them to know how to teach the science of reading. In order to make sure there's not this kind of federal--federal cuff link."

George W
3/30/00

Cuff link? what's he trying to say? :confused:

Re: This man is "in charge"?

"I glance a the headlines just to get a flavor for what's moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who probably read the news themselves."

Dubya
2/21/03

Kinda instills confidence doesn't it? :eek:

Re: Where'd you guys go?

OK, here's one I stole from ApexSpeed forum
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy ****...what a ride!"

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

You never know what piece of the puzzle you put in somones life.

|Adeel said:
My personal favorite:

Power is nothing without control

My own that I've seen being quoted some times:

When humans have power, they seek to use it

Others:

Only the dead have seen the end of war

Life is not how many breathes you take, but how many moments that take your breathe away

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is the king

If the whole human race lay in one grave, the epitaph on its headstone might well be: `It seemed a good idea at the time.'

Be the change you want to see in the world (I think this one is Gandhi)

Sorry don't remember who these quotes are quoted from, just had them in a Word file on the computer :)
"I AM NOT YOUNG ENOUGH TO KNOW EVERYTHING" wilde

i am not young enough to know everything

keep your powder dry and your dick hard - platoon (the movie).

“All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last.”
- marcel proust

What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan, 1892, Act III

When a woman marries again, it is because she detested her first husband. When a man marries again, it is because he adored his first wife. Women try their luck; men risk theirs.
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

willabeest said:
keep your powder dry and your dick hard - platoon (the movie).

I believe the precise quote is "keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn."

Back