• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what is your favorite quote?

Execellent thread!!!

Ok how about Soichiro Honda...

"The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred"

I think this is what he was thinking when he developed the NSX...

KODIAC said:
Growing up, my dad instilled a few in me....

"think before you speak"

"put brain in gear, before putting mouth in motion"

"children should be seen and not heard"

and the one that specifically applies to me.....

"not everything you think, the world needs to hear."

You must have been one talkative kid !!:biggrin:

Here is one :

" I have my mind made up, dont confuse me with facts !"

Okay there is one, don't know who by...

"No matter how good looking she is, there is another guy somewhere who is sick and tired of putting up with her sh*t"...

Great topic, poet_x!

• Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity. — Frank Leahy
    <br />
  • We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about. — Einstein
    <br />
  • We do not inherit the land, we borrow it from our children. — Native American Proverb
    <br />
  • Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. — Confucius
    <br />
  • We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. — Epictetus?
    <br />
  • We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. — Aristotle
    <br />
  • Don't fight forces, use them. — Buckminster Fuller
    <br />
  • Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. — Bruce Lee
    <br />
  • Follow your bliss and doors will open where there were no doors before. — Joseph Campbell
    <br />
  • Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. — Gandhi
    <br />
  • I think it would be a good idea. — Gandhi (on Western civilization)

Honda:
  • I've failed 99% of my trials, in order to succeed in the remaining 1%. — Soichiro Honda
    <br />
  • Honda has been choosing the hardest way, pursuing original technologies. I believe technologies borrowed from others will never become our flesh and blood. — Soichiro Honda
    <br />
  • I want Honda to give off the smell of danger—danger that says you simply don't know what we might do next. — Takeo Fukui (hmmm, perhaps Mr. Fukui should listen to what daddy has to say...)
    <br />
  • Action without Philosophy is a lethal weapon; Philosophy without action is worthless. — Soichiro Honda

Work-related:
  • Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen. — Edward V. Berard
    <br />
  • I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. — Bill Cosby
    <br />
  • Competitors punch you in the jaw, but investors have you by the balls. — Paul Graham
    <br />
  • A Lisp programmer knows the value of everything, but the cost of nothing. — Alan Perlis (I thought it was a cute spin on LeftLane’s quote)
    <br />
  • ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US — CATS :redface:

A failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine- unkown

Awesome ones, Ojas. :smile:

Ojas said:
Great topic, poet_x!

• Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity. — Frank Leahy
    <br />
  • We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about. — Einstein
    <br />
  • We do not inherit the land, we borrow it from our children. — Native American Proverb
    <br />
  • Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. — Confucius
    <br />
  • We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. — Epictetus?
    <br />
  • We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. — Aristotle
    <br />
  • Don't fight forces, use them. — Buckminster Fuller
    <br />
  • Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. — Bruce Lee
    <br />
  • Follow your bliss and doors will open where there were no doors before. — Joseph Campbell
    <br />
  • Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. — Gandhi
    <br />
  • I think it would be a good idea. — Gandhi (on Western civilization)

Honda:
  • I've failed 99% of my trials, in order to succeed in the remaining 1%. — Soichiro Honda
    <br />
  • Honda has been choosing the hardest way, pursuing original technologies. I believe technologies borrowed from others will never become our flesh and blood. — Soichiro Honda
    <br />
  • I want Honda to give off the smell of danger—danger that says you simply don't know what we might do next. — Takeo Fukui (hmmm, perhaps Mr. Fukui should listen to what daddy has to say...)
    <br />
  • Action without Philosophy is a lethal weapon; Philosophy without action is worthless. — Soichiro Honda

Work-related:
  • Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if both are frozen. — Edward V. Berard
    <br />
  • I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. — Bill Cosby
    <br />
  • Competitors punch you in the jaw, but investors have you by the balls. — Paul Graham
    <br />
  • A Lisp programmer knows the value of everything, but the cost of nothing. — Alan Perlis (I thought it was a cute spin on LeftLane’s quote)
    <br />
  • ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US — CATS :redface:

good quotes!!!!

kenjiMR said:
There is no medicine to cure stupidity. -- Japanese Proverb
(Baka ni tsukeru kusuriwa nai)

"There are only two sports: motor racing and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games." -- Ernest Hemmingway"

"I hope that no one will claim to know the final answers; no good comes from prophets. But even when acknowledging our falibility, we must nevertheless continue to think about these matters and give the advice to others that intellect and conscience dictate. And let God be our judge, as our grandparents used to say." -- Sakharvov, (head Russian H-bomb developer during the cold war)
regarding the Hemingway-The 1st sport he mentions is bull fighting ( not motor racing ). The mountaineering part is correct however.

Another one from my dad....

"never have a battle of wits, with an un-armed opponent....."

Re: Is the quality and clarity of our thought

reflected in our speech?

"First, let me make it very clear, poor people aren't necessarily killers. Just because you happen to be not rich doesn't mean you're willing to kill."

George W. 5/19/03

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will aways long to return".

-Leonardo da Vinci

From my past racing days, "I'd rather be blown than injected". :eek:

no yogi-isms yet!!???

"You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours.":biggrin:
3dyogi.jpg

0ctan3 said:
"A man is only as old as the woman he feels." -Groucho Marx :smile:

That's great! I'm a huge Marx Brothers fan, and I never heard that. Thanks. :smile:

"One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry."

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

"I can resist anything but temptation."

--Oscar Wilde

Re: no yogi-isms yet!!???

jalnjr said:
"You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours.":biggrin:
3dyogi.jpg

lol!!

"You haven't let yourself live until you make a few regrets. Don't allow yourself to die until you've forgiven yourself for every single one."

"Change the things you can. Let God do the rest."

Found this one today, really nice...

Give a man a fish and you would feed him for a day
Teach a man to fish and you would feed him for a lifetime.

|Adeel said:
Found this one today, really nice...

Give a man a fish and you would feed him for a day
Teach a man to fish and you would feed him for a lifetime.

Uh, man, either you live under a rock or there is just more difference between our countries than I thought.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Age does not diminish the extreme disappointment of having a scoop of ice cream fall from the cone.

~Jim Fiebig

Shumdit said:
Uh, man, either you live under a rock or there is just more difference between our countries than I thought.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Hehehe... Maybe it's common here too but I've never noticed it. :tongue:

Back