• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What products are you guys using?

The PC is perfect for a weekend detailer like most of us. Powerful enough to get rid of most swirls and minor imperfections with zero risk to burning your clear. Anything that requires more than an orbital also requires professional hands.

I use Menzerna SIP, 106 and 85. For wax I use 1Z and for sealant on my white car I use the Menzerna sealant. I am looking to try the midnight fire stuff for wax on my next go around though.

I would use the Meguiars ultimate compound followed by their ultimate polish for swirl removal and finishing glaze.

Then use black fire wet diamond paint sealant. It is an amazing product.

If the finish on your car is in decent shape (doesn't have a lot of swirls & RIDS), and you are looking at a PC 7424 or a Flex DA, I would highly recommend this product:

http://www.detailedimage.com/Meguia...-System-Starter-Kit-and-Free-Bonus-P519/6-S1/

The only fault I have with this product is that the M301 Finishing Wax is not real durable and you may want to use a sealant or a more durable LSP (last step product) if your car is a DD.

However, if your paint is in need of correction then you need to determine the level of correction required and buy product accordingly. If so, I would recommend Meguiar's M105/205 and some Lake Country white, orange & maybe yellow pads for correction and follow that up with Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant applied with a red or black LC finishing pad. Be sure to buy some GOOD not decent microfiber towels and care for them accordingly. A couple of great sites for detailing info are www.detailedimage.com and www.autopia.com. Check out the Pro's Blog, anything by Todd Cooperrider is money.

If you're serious about detailing your car, you can definitely drop some major coin on product but the end result is SO worth it. Do your research, you cannot do enough as the field is constantly evolving. Good luck---

A couple of great sites for detailing info are www.detailedimage.com and www.autopia.com.

Do your research, you cannot do enough as the field is constantly evolving. Good luck---

+1 - you can gain some really good insight into the process and gotchas

you can spend 20-40 hours really getting it right and then you only have to do light maintenance

practice on a car that isn't your NSX

I wouldn't say that when using an orbital like the 7424, by design they're idiot proof.

agree with you to some extent the the pc 7424 is simple and safe in most hands... an aggressive compound and pad will still get into the clear coat

...learning the pattern, pressure, speeds, goop+pad combos, etc takes time so I'm saying to practice on a different car or painted scrap piece till you get yourself dialed into the process and results that you want

agree with you to some extent the the pc 7424 is simple and safe in most hands... an aggressive compound and pad will still get into the clear coat

...learning the pattern, pressure, speeds, goop+pad combos, etc takes time so I'm saying to practice on a different car or painted scrap piece till you get yourself dialed into the process and results that you want

+1. Easiest thing to do is go to a Pick 'n Pull and buy a $10 junk fender or bumper to practice on. If you can get those looking good then your regular car will be cake.

Back