• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What the new NSX should be

Your thoughts on what the new Nsx should be.
Hybrid ?
AWD ?
Engine location ?

My thoughts; Primarily it should make a statement as to Hondas engineering potential and its philosophy.
Thus my first pick would be to have a Carbon Fiber mass produced tub. This will show that Honda takes the lead in driver safety as well as performance.
Mid engined please.

Your thoughts on what the new Nsx should be.
Hybrid ?
AWD ?
Engine location ?

My thoughts; Primarily it should make a statement as to Hondas engineering potential and its philosophy.
Thus my first pick would be to have a Carbon Fiber mass produced tub. This will show that Honda takes the lead in driver safety as well as performance.
Mid engined please.

Since no one bothered to reply your thread after 20 or so days.

Front Engine, SHAWD, V10 with 550 plus HP.

Honda on average, already have plenty of 5 star crash rating cars, therefore, they don't need to make that statement.

The car will NOT be CF tub. It will most likely be modified RL/Legend chassis made from Aluminum and some CF panels.

Sorry, no mid engine for you, in case you haven't figure it out yet. But since you have your eyes set on a new Lotus, go for it. It will probably have a Toyota Engine or some sort. You get the best of both world, British and Japanese!! Just not part of the Honda family:wink:

Yeah, pretty much everyone on Prime thinks the car should have been either the new Saleen, or the R8, or the baby Gallardo, or something similar.

Pretty much everyone understands by now that such a thing will never be built by Honda, and some have gone so far as to buy an R8 rather than keep lamenting the fact.

Nick

I'm still amused by the fact that the new car is not even out yet, we have none stop bashing.

Give it a chance guys. It will be a great car!!!

As for styling, I haven't found any Honda performance car that is beauty challenged.

Just do some digging, you will find the following cars to be quite pleasing.

Prelude, Integra Type R, Legend coupe, NSX, S2k, even the Accord Type R kicked some ass in the look department, and Civic Type R.

I think when they reveal the car next year at auto shows, people will be please with the design.

I'm still amused by the fact that the new car is not even out yet, we have none stop bashing.

Give it a chance guys. It will be a great car!!!

As for styling, I haven't found any Honda performance car that is beauty challenged....

Prelude, Integra Type R, Legend coupe, NSX, S2k, even the Accord Type R kicked some ass in the look department, and Civic Type R.

I think when they reveal the car next year at auto shows, people will be please with the design.

All those cars you've named are exemplary vehicles but only the NSX is truly extraordinary and beyond. The bashings are just reactions to something that may very well not be able to live up to the NSX name no matter how great it may be. Of course they veered even further when they chose it to be front engine, lol, but still it's hard to live up to a car that made such an impact at technological and emotional standpoints.

I say Honda should just completely avoid any branding or labeling of NSX so people don't compare it to the NSX and it can stand a chance of exceptance. Perhaps this is what Honda has been doing, hence they tried calling it the ASCC, but publications keep referring to it as the NSX's sucessor/replacement. So everyone should just realize that it is not the next NSX and rather the next Acura/Honda halo/flagship GT luxury car. The next NSX is awaiting resurrection when the economy/market is ready to deal with MR exotics again such the S2000/S500 resurrection. Meanwhile, like others have stated, we can look to other MR exotics for our new car MR thirst.

2 * 2.2 S2000 engines, eg 4.4 V8 Mid engine Car under 3200 lbs.
That's a winner.

I love this idea!! This in the original platform would be Killer. They could revise the suspension and modern day electronics and gadgets and it would be an awesome car that could compete with the Supercars of today. They would have most of the tooling and keep the cost down. And with some professional tuning could kick some Supercar butt. O well To bad:frown:

I love this idea!! This in the original platform would be Killer. They could revise the suspension and modern day electronics and gadgets and it would be an awesome car that could compete with the Supercars of today. They would have most of the tooling and keep the cost down. And with some professional tuning could kick some Supercar butt. O well To bad:frown:

I agree.. you see..the problem with it is that "it makes too much sense."

Remember that they hardly sold any the last few years. If all you do is revise the original chassis, almost two decades after it was released, good luck getting anyone but us excited over it.

Besides, there's too many new laws about crash safety. Might not even be possible to meet the new standards with an NSX chassis.

If they'd just built the HSC with a bit of work to the body, and something north of 450hp, I think the market response would have been pretty good.

Nick

In a simple, cheap scenario.

If the NSX all shipped with CTSC, do you think they will sell more?

Simple. Just take the current 3.2 L NSX engine and put one behind each wheel. Bam! You have all wheel drive and 1,160 hp. Done.

2 * 2.2 S2000 engines, eg 4.4 V8 Mid engine Car under 3200 lbs.
That's a winner.

That's one seriously heavy engine that would probably run very hot. Not very much torque for a 4.4 V8 either, barely over 300 and that's at very high RPM's only. Sounds cool though.

Honda ( Acura ) made the all aluminum car practical via "mass" production. There were limited production aluminum cars beforehand.
They should have taken the same philosophy forward in regards to Carbon Fibre. The first mass production CF car.
The original NSX was hobbled from the get go by Japanese Manufacturers self imposed limit of 300 HP. At the time I believe they were arrogant enough to believe that their mandates were good enough for the world.

Still it was, and is, an incredible car. An engineering marvel.

The force is not with the new car. With Uehara out of the picture, poor Formula 1 performance, and rumored specs to be far from a purist's heart, this car is shaping up to be anything but a true NSX successor.

My personal wishlist would be carbon fiber chassis, mid engine, rear drive, 6spd MT, compact, light, high revving naturally aspirated motor, with aerodynamic and suspension centric performance properties. Engine output should be secondary to all this if the car is already fast by other means. Aesthetically I hope they stick with the general wedge shape, retain the single strip rear facia, and use an integrated wing like the old car.

The car needs to remain like the S2K and NSX in that the speed of the car should should have some sort of proportional relationship to the skill of the person in the cockpit. I want people to complain about how underpowered it is only to have a professional clock some rediculous times untouchable by the GT-R and LF-A. This is the mark of a pure driver's car.

Lastly it needs to earn the worship of the japanese automotive press, acceptance from the US, and acknowledgement from european manufacturers.

The new car does not look to resemble anything like this, so I will probably be continuing with my plans to raise money and hunt for a 97-01 coupe.

NA3 evolution of the NA2 Type-R. MR. NA V12. Functional side scoops. Integrated wing. All aluminum. Fixed Xenon/LED headlights. Put some s2000'like LED tails, an RL'esque interior with nav, night vision, and all that tech package stuff standard. SH-AWD (for the standard model).

Type-R stripper model, RWD, thinner glass, etc. Lots of CF to go with the aluminum. Harsher suspension (duh). Available in the US!

This is an easy one...

1) AWD
2) MR Set Up
3) 2 seats
4) Turbo V6 500 hp
5) Low
6) Wide
7) LED headlights
8) LED Rears
9) Combine the technology of the TL and GT-R
10) Pointed Nose
11) Sharp lines like BMW Sports car concept
12) RWD option like the Porsche C4S 997.2
13) 3450 lbs for stability (Sorry guys, a little weight is good)
14) Sold as Acura again
15) Cost $85,000 USD

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• xstreet.jpg
    xstreet.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 422
  • xtrack.jpg
    xtrack.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 425
Stoner You do have Talent with Photoshop or whatever program you use...I think my Avatar came from you.

That's hot. Especially the first one. Could you raise up the car a couple of inches. Just to see what the production model would look like?

Do you have any other angles?

WOW these pics are good, how did u come up with the idea?

More, or less, a cross betwen a Honda Beat and a NSX. Back when Apple Computer started pushing the all-in-one iMac, Honda seemed to be interested in building a rally type sports car.

Honda-BEAT-%5BJAE-2005%5D-400.jpg

Back