• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What tires for OEM wheels 7 spokes ?

Hi folks,

I been looking the recomended tires for my 1997 OEM wheels 16/17 but
On every place they tell me that they have the rear but not the frnt ones and viceversa. Sometime it was because the size other the treadware or a discontinued model.

Anyone can recomend me a good tires with low treadware for my oems?

Your expertise, will be greatly appreciated!

Re: What tires for OEM wheels 7 spokes ??????

i highly recommend bridgestone potenza re-11's for oem 16"/17" wheels.they are very sticky,have good steering response,and are surprisingly quiet and smooth for such high performance tires.not sure about tread life bc i just got them,but it's probably not super long.the nsx handles so well,i didn't want tires that last longer,but give up handling.

the trick is that you can get oem rear size,245/40-17,but you have to go one size smaller than oem in the front,205/45-16,and have to search for each size separately at tire rack,since they have different speed ratings.if you look for oem 215/45-16's for the front,there is much less selection.

i learned this from nsxtasy and others in response to this thread i started
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1407653

this let me know i could do the smaller 205's in the front,and gave me a comfort level doing so.

hth,robbie

Glad I could help.

Just remember, as noted in that other topic, there are lots of choices, and not everyone has the same priorities. For the best grip and performance, get one of the "extreme performance summer tires":

Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 205/45-16 and 245/40-17
Kumho Ecsta XS 215/45-16 and 245/40-17 or 255/40-17
Toyo Proxes R1R 205/45-16 and 245/40-17
Falken Azenis RT-615K 215/45-16 and 255/40-17

For the most precise handling feel, the stock Bridgestone Potenza RE010 is still available (215/45-16 and 245/40-17).

And if you want a little bit longer treadlife (such things being relative in the NSX :wink: ) while still getting excellent performance albeit not quite as good as the previous but pretty darn close, get the Continental ExtremeContact DW in 205/45-16 and 245/40-17.

Thanks guys, for the help.

Now I'll make a wise decision based on your experience.

I'm happy to count with so many gurus on basically any NSX topic!

Luis

Re: Kumho Exta XS: They have been criticized for poor wet handling, yet for me they handle just fine in the rain.

Back