• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What truck is the best?

I am currently in the market for a four door truck and was wondering which truck you would purchase from the following: Chevy silverado, Dodge ram, Ford F-150, Toyota Tundra, and the Toyota Tacoma.

It would depend on what the truck would be used for. But if I have to pick one from that list just for the heck of picking one, it would be the Dodge Ram.

BTW the Tacoma is not in the same class as the rest of the trucks on the list.

I just picked the 02 Ram after driving all of your choices. Great truck. Horrible gas mileage. If you want to know any specifics e mail me I will be happy to help.

I purchased a 02 Tundra about 6 months ago and have been really happy with it. The access cab 4 door is really handy, yet it doesn't provide as much leg room as the American made trucks.

The gas mileage is alright, better than the competitors and it's a hell of a lot better than my Land Rover ... those heavy beasts chug the gas.

I'd go with the GMC Sierra w/ quadrasteer or the silverado. I Love GM trucks when it comes to fullsize. Toyotas are nice but not as big. Never really been a Ford fan, but i wouldn't mind an F150 with Navigator front clip. and Dodge....well no comment there.

I don't know about the new Tacoma 4 doors - I have a '99 TRD x-tra cab 4x4 V6 and LOVE it. I used it to tow my NSX to Watkins Glen and had no problems maintaining highway speeds even on the steep inclines through PA (rated for 5,000 lbs). Never had it off-road, but I know of people who are serious about off-road and have helped stuck Grand Cherokees and Xterras. Also has a higher payload capacity than an F150 even though different classes of truck. My only complaints are the seats aren't very supportive and the oem horn sounds like a moped's (which I fixed by installing Hella twin supertone horns).

Back