• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What uprated brakes do I have?

Hey guys,

I have a set of uprated brakes all round and I was hoping somebody could be so kind as to identify them for me?

Front:
brakefront.jpg

Rear:
brakerear.jpg

Rear close;
brakeclose.jpg

I'm going to say Stoptech, with a Brembo parking brake.
4470879360_1b538552f9_o%5B1%5D.jpg

David_TX_wheel_1024%5B1%5D.jpg

Last edited:
...or maybe a porsche "big red " transplant...or could be simply the brembo grand turismo painted over.

Thanks guys, any pictures of the porcshe brakes? It has Porsche carerra wheels so I wonder if the brakes were off the same car?

Brembo Gran Turismo fronts calipers look like these for the NSX from what I can tell (they look different from what you have). Note the size and location of the allen bolts:
attachment.php

Take a pic of the casting on the back side of the caliper which might show some numbers or identification in the casting.

From the bolt pattern it does look like a Stoptech. Rip-offs don't tend to be that detailed in the castings of all the corners of the caliper so i'd bet its an older ST.

Ya - they are stoptechs or some really good knock-off.

Only stoptech has that style of bolt-in bridge and the rotor hardware screams stoptech - the calipers should have the stoptech crest cast into it on the backside.

Thanks guys. I haven't had the wheels off yet but when I do ill check the inside.

I didn't realise people made knock off brakes?? Wow.

Thanks guys. I haven't had the wheels off yet but when I do ill check the inside.

I didn't realise people made knock off brakes?? Wow.
I've heard of it them too.. altough i can't really recall ever seeing a set.
Side note,
So your running 5x130 adapters? (for the Porsche wheels)

This is what the Porsche 993 turbo calipers look like.
The disks are 322*32 mm.
883c9db0.jpg

Back