• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What was your first post on NSX Prime?

I came across my new owner post from 2008 and it made me smile- on that day, I was going to do a Vance Hu tribute car with a Dali Racing Boostzilla (remember that??) Stage 1 supercharger! That got me thinking. I'm trying to figure out how to find my very first post and was curious about what our other long-time members had as their first ever post as a Primate. Apparently, I have so many posts, my history does not go back to the beginning. Does anyone know how to find it? Post your first posts here!

------ Looks like I wanted to build a track car. It's so funny I don't even remember that!---------

NSX-R Conversion Options
Hi everyone-

I'm new to the forum and wanted to gather some opinions about a NSX project I'm considering starting. I've been lurking the past few weeks using the search button and the wiki and figured it was time to start asking questions from the very knowledgable folks here. A bit of background on me - father is Solo II and road course racer going back to the late 70's. Been building and racing cars with him since I was 15. His current project is a Ford 302-powered Miata, which I'm sure will be a beast, but I kind of want to go in my own direction at this point.

I've always been a fan of the Honda/Acura product line and my last 3 cars have been from that line (88 Accord Lxi - college/law school beater, 04 Accord Coupe 6MT - wow, 07 TSX 5AT/navi) Now that I'm starting to get settled in my career, I'm looking to start my own track car project. Naturally, I want it to be a Honda! And when I think Honda performance, I immediately think NSX. =)

I'm probably at least a year away from the green flag, but I wanted to start gathering info now because I've learned from past projects that if you want less headaches later, do your homework early! Some starting ground rules:

1. Car will spend most of its time on track, but should be able to be driven on street.

2. Because of #1 , luxuries and accessories don't really matter to me (i.e., A/C, stereo, power accessories, etc)

3. Powertrain needs to remain reliable, both to preserve the "Honda" character, and live comfortably on the track

4. I'm not looking to build an Enzo-killer. I'd like to see F355/360 level track performance out of it if possible...

So after lurking for a while, I've settled on the idea of an NSX-R conversion. The R is very close to what I'm after performance-wise, although a bit more hp might be nice... And, I love the look of it. Clearly, I can't afford a real one. After spending a few days on Science-of-Speed's website, I discovered a conversion is possible. Then, I checked here and saw some incredible works of art by the members...other than the LHD, you would never know!

So, the basic plan is to by a regular coupe (for rigidity/weight), put it on a diet, slap on the NSX-R cosmetics, juice the engine up a bit, and hit the track! (boy that sounds so simple...wish it was) But, it looks like I have many options:

Donor Car:

1. Find a well-maintained 1991-95 coupe. Problems: Since I'm going to hack it up, rip out most of the interior, and refurbish/tune the engine, it seems like kind of a waste of money, since much of that well-maintained stuff will end up on my garage floor. Also, I feel kind of bad chopping up a nice example of a classic, rare car.

2. Find a trashed/salvage 1991-95 coupe. Preferably with only front-end damage (or perhaps rolled?), since I'm replacing the hood, bumper, lip, headlights and painting the thing anyway. New fenders are ~$850 each from Acura. Ideally, an otherwise pristine example driven by some kid who wants to play fast-and-furious on the interstate and ends up kissing a guardrail or ditch. Problems: Well, it's salvage. The damage may be beyond cosmetic. If the front suspension is off, it could mean an expensive fix. Also, the frame could be bent or fatigued - certain doom on the track if it comes apart under hard load (happened to dad on the track - he's lucky to have only broken a finger!). I've never worked with aluminum before...do the NSX unibodies typically suffer these issues in front impacts? Do frame twisters even work on aluminum (i.e., is it fixable)? Still, the lure of a cheap frame/powertrain means I could divert my money to the conversion instead of the donor car.

3. Find a 97-01 NSX-T. I get the 3.2 and the 6MT. Problems: I'll have extra pounds to get rid of and less rigidity to boot. Cost is an issue too, especially since I'll still have to do the conversion. The general consensus here seems to be the 3.2 and 6MT aren't really worth the extra dollars.

4. Find an 02+ NSX-T. Cost plus NSX-R conversion cost puts it out of my range.

So, right now I'm leaning toward #1 or #2 . Any thoughts/comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I do have a question about the tranny though - would it be better from a track standpoint (on the NA1) to do the 5MT with the JDM gears and NSX-R final drive, or just get a 6MT w/ NSX-R final drive? Or is it pretty much a wash?

Thanks in advance for your help. Sorry for the long post!

I looked up my first post and it was from February 2004 and at that time I was looking for advice and a test drive to determine what kind of suspension to put on my nsx. Wow how time flies!

My first post and first thread start was from 10/25/15...I do miss my S2000 (insert man cry here), and I still have my CTS-V wagon.

Cleveland-area owners: May I try or ride in your NSX?

In return, a ride in my 6MT CTS-V wagon....

I am seriously considering purchasing a NSX, but have never driven one. I'd be selling my S2000 to assist in the finance. I don't need three sports cars, after all. My heart is already heavy in thinking about selling my sweet, low-mileage S2k and so I want to make sure I'm making the right decision. I can't get my mind off the NSX, however. Currently looking for a clean, stock 97-01, prefer targa.

In any case, before I purchase, I'd appreciate at least a quick ride in a NSX and a quick feel of the shifter. In return, a ride in my precious über-rare blue 6MT CTS-V wagon.

Thanks!

Bob

Ok what's the easiest way to look up your first post lol

Unfortunately there really is no easy way, just have to execute a bunch of searches and see what you can come up with. Problem is search results are limited to 250 so for some of the older members you just have too many search results.

I couldn't find your first post, but the oldest thread started by you I could I find is (which was a month after you joined so maybe it is your first):

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/110131-Lowering-your-NSX-The-practical-question

Unfortunately there really is no easy way, just have to execute a bunch of searches and see what you can come up with. Problem is search results are limited to 250 so for some of the older members you just have too many search results.

I couldn't find your first post, but the oldest thread started by you I could I find is (which was a month after you joined so maybe it is your first):

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/110131-Lowering-your-NSX-The-practical-question
Thanks for looking that up!

My first post (at least what I can find via search) was asking someone to help me check out an NSX for sale in SoCal (I was living in Boston back then). It was '95 Midnight Pearl with 37K miles. I subsequently bought it for $35K. This was early 2000s... Why did I sell that NSX? :mad::frown::confused:

This was your first post??

"the bumblebee will be there. trish and I are looking foreward to the event.I hope that someone tipped off hemmings road show,speedvision ,or one of the magazines for some national coverage."

I was expecting something like Hi I'm Docjohn and this is the Bumblebee....LOL Though, in reality your NSX ownership pre-dates Prime.

that was the easiest to find oldest post...my first will take some skilzzzz

if I put docjohn in the search bar it opens a worm hole...

Last edited:
This seemed to have worked...

I went into the search feature and used the following settings:

User Name: "your username"

Additional Options:
Find Posts: "Any date"
Sort Results: "Date" "in Ascending Order"

Turns out my very first post was on 8/29/2001:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/2175-A-C-gremlins-acting-up!

I can't believe it's already been 20 years since I joined Prime! Prior to that, I was on the Bay Area email lists since I bought my first NSX in 1997 (I'm still kicking myself for selling it a number of years ago- yellow widebody with under 50k miles that I could have converted back to stock and sold for over 3x the amount now, hah).

Last edited:
Thanks Yawwn, that worked for me as well.

It turns out that "Route suggestions" was my very 1st post on Prime (after lurking for quite a long time);
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/106741-Route-suggestions

Dang, that was nearly 13 years ago.....and we still have the car!

The search worked a lot better once I checked the “exact” match. There was an owner minervoflorida that was throwing off my search.

My first post was http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...rans-apart-form-the-motor?p=624659#post624659. Odd thing is I had joined like 3 years earlier. I guess I didn’t have anything to say back then!

Thanks [MENTION=18194]Honcho[/MENTION] for starting this thread. After searching I was able to look at all the threads I started and had fun reading some of the old threads and posts. Good to see NSXPRIME is getting more love lately with more new threads and posts so here is a SHOUT OUT to the new mods for helping to revive the site!!!!!!!!

Its really the Colorado boys doing the heavy lifting...the rest of us are just looking cool..:biggrin:

Thanks [MENTION=18194]Honcho[/MENTION] for starting this thread. After searching I was able to look at all the threads I started and had fun reading some of the old threads and posts. Good to see NSXPRIME is getting more love lately with more new threads and posts so here is a SHOUT OUT to the new mods for helping to revive the site!!!!!!!!

Thanks! I love seeing all the first posts by our long-time members- it gives you some perspective. This car and the owners are really special. So is Prime- hopefully we'll have some good news on that front shortly.

Back