• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

whats the best headers for CTSC?

Next step is some headers... Anyone know what is the best for CTSC cars? Also do the test pipes or high flow cats help or hurt?

Your kidding right?

You have a Comptech S/C
a Comptech exhaust
Are you really going to consider putting anything other than a set of comptech headers on?

I've been looking for guidance on the same thing...I'm eyeballing the SOS setup.

Onsoku said:
I've been looking for guidance on the same thing...I'm eyeballing the SOS setup.

Did you Dyno your car yet? Ive got the same mods but the CT exhaust... same trans too and need some headers :confused:

Second that Comptech headers or SOS. I had DC Sports and they cracked after 1year.

Mike, how was your day @ Turbotrix? What did you run on the dyno on tuesday?

Dave

winreboot said:
Second that Comptech headers or SOS. I had DC Sports and they cracked after 1year.

Mike, how was your day @ Turbotrix? What did you run on the dyno on tuesday?

Dave

299hp in 102 heat with no headers and stock cats. I was very happy. Mike says whats up by the way.

I really don't think it makes a big differnce what you get, but I would think for fitment issues, going with all comptech would be the best choice.

As for test pipes, I would leave the cats in. My car was OBNOXIOUSLY loud without the cats. Plus it smells like sh*T.! :wink:

NetViper said:
I really don't think it makes a big differnce what you get, but I would think for fitment issues, going with all comptech would be the best choice.

As for test pipes, I would leave the cats in. My car was OBNOXIOUSLY loud without the cats. Plus it smells like sh*T.! :wink:

your advise is on point as always! I think comptech headers with the test pipes is my move.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
your advise is on point as always! I think comptech headers with the test pipes is my move.

From what I have heard, the test pipes give the Comptech exhaust a nice sound. You should be happy with it, but I'd keep the cats handy just in case. :)

The equal length design of the ScienceofSpeed headers is beneficial for FI as well as NA for exhaust gas scavenging. Better exhaust gas scavenging = more power. Fitment is not an issue, they fit exactly the same.

Non technical wise...
They are $200.00 less and come with this nifty badge...
Regards,
-- Chris

Attachments

• tag.jpg
    tag.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,043
Chris@SoS said:
The equal length design of the ScienceofSpeed headers is beneficial for FI as well as NA for exhaust gas scavenging. Better exhaust gas scavenging = more power. Fitment is not an issue, they fit exactly the same.

Non technical wise...
They are $200.00 less and come with this nifty badge...
Regards,
-- Chris

OK I stand corrected, You MUST buy the SOS headers! They are the only choice! :wink:

They look great Chris!

Edgemts said:
OK I stand corrected, You MUST buy the SOS headers! They are the only choice! :wink:

They look great Chris!

with a badge like that; how could I not order them! Any fitment issues with with comptech exhaust?

No problem. The headers are fully compatible with any exhaust. We were very cautious about fitment. We spent $300.00 on secondary jigs to verify that the mating flange for the cat converter lands exactly where the factory mating flange does.

Regards,
-- Chris

Just a note of caution on the test pipes, I threw a pair on my car for the dyno run just to make sure the air/fuel was ok. It sounded awful with the pipes. Way too loud. No performance increase either. Leave the cats in.

gobble said:
Just a note of caution on the test pipes, I threw a pair on my car for the dyno run just to make sure the air/fuel was ok. It sounded awful with the pipes. Way too loud. No performance increase either. Leave the cats in.

Consider it done. So after I purchase my new SOS headers; whats NEXT?

By the way; Gobble... what did your NSX dyno at?

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Did you Dyno your car yet? Ive got the same mods but the CT exhaust... same trans too and need some headers :confused:

Oddly enough, I haven't found a place to "git er done"...but in real life, I've spanked a C6, SLK55, and a modded SRT4. Of the 3, the SRT4 was the one that really gave me a run for my money...

Onsoku said:
Oddly enough, I haven't found a place to "git er done"...but in real life, I've spanked a C6, SLK55, and a modded SRT4. Of the 3, the SRT4 was the one that really gave me a run for my money...

I destroyed a modified Mustang the other night on my way home from work. Guy claims his stang' rund 12.80's and i spanked him. At the next light he said "I just had too!" and my reply was "You werent serious, were you?"

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
I destroyed a modified Mustang the other night on my way home from work. Guy claims his stang' rund 12.80's and i spanked him. At the next light he said "I just had too!" and my reply was "You werent serious, were you?"

LOL!' nice kill! Only the vintage guy in the AMG SLK55 acknowledged losing and wanted to pull over to chat.

The headers are fully compatible with any exhaust

Chris, for us the more challenged guys, can you explain what set up of headers and exhaust will work on 97+ and pre 2000?

I see your headers for 1995-1999; the equal lengths are attractive and if the "theory" is correct, they should lend more HP not sure about how much more torque though. Will they work with the Comptech exhaust on a 98? And will you have any before/after Dyno on 97+ years? TIA.

These headers attach to the inlet of the catalytic converters. So, any exhaust that attaches to the outlet of the cat converters will work.

I suggest these headers with the TAITEC GT Lightweight based on our dyno testing. This combination will produce 18+ horsepower on even a later model NSX with the tubular factory headers. We'll have dyno postings in the next day or two.

Yes, and these will also work fine with the Comptech exhaust.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Back